- Interesting Matlab puzzle – analysis
- Interesting Matlab puzzle
- Undocumented plot marker types
- Matlab toolstrip – part 9 (popup figures)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 8 (galleries)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 7 (selection controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 6 (complex controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 5 (icons)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 4 (control customization)
- Reverting axes controls in figure toolbar
- Matlab toolstrip – part 3 (basic customization)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 2 (ToolGroup App)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 1
- Customizing web-GUI uipanel
- Desktop (45)
- Figure window (59)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (164)
- Handle graphics (83)
- Hidden property (42)
- Icons (15)
- Java (174)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (392)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (10)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (138)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (52)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (217)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsAppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented feature Semi-documented function Toolbar Toolstrip uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Hossein (6 days 13 hours ago): Hi, I changed the size of matrices from 4 to 10000, i.e. matrix1=rand(10000) and matrix2=rand(10000); Then, I compared the speed in terms of the number of the threads. For...
- Arash Marashian (10 days 22 hours ago): Hi, Dear Yair, Thank you for your information. I have a question in “showcaseMPCDesigner.m 8221;, we have a function named “createDialog”, that makes a...
- Arash Marashian (15 days 21 hours ago): Problem Solved. I found out that my version does not have this icon. thanks.
- Arash Marashian (15 days 21 hours ago): Hi, Dear Yair when I’m using PLOT_16 icon MATLAB gives me an error as below: “The class matlab.ui.internal.toolstrip.I con has no Constant property or Static...
- Reza (16 days 13 hours ago): The reason is that matlab look to every field as text value. I think you must use from main Java table… “com.jidesoft.grid.Sorta bleTable”
- Austin Spencer (17 days 0 hours ago): An update/correction after some additional exploration: EdgePrims is still used for contour lines that do not form closed loops, as is the case when a contour line intersects...
- Marshall (17 days 0 hours ago): This was a fun puzzle–don’t hesitate to add more posts like these if you come across some other fun ones!
- Reza (17 days 7 hours ago): I have the same problem. this Java widget got error in compiling via Matlab 2018! Could you please show me how to solve this?
- Dani (18 days 5 hours ago): I actually really like how we can interact with plots in 2018b and 2019a. I often develop GUIs for end-users and deactivate the standard Matlab figure toolbar all together (opposite to...
- Endri K. (18 days 17 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thank you for all your great posts. They’re all extremely helpful. Could you please help me with an issue I’m facing? I’ve built an application with a...
- Austin Spencer (18 days 20 hours ago): As of at least MATLAB R2018b, the names of some undocumented contour properties have changed. The edges are now listed under EdgeLoopPrims and are of type LineLoop. EdgePrims...
- Yair Altman (19 days 0 hours ago): Typo corrected, meant ASCII of course (ASCII is represented by 1 byte in UTF-8, and 2 bytes in UTF-16)
- GGa (19 days 1 hour ago): There isn’t anything “outside the UTF-8 range”. UTF-8 can represent any Unicode character, as far as I know.
- Yair Altman (19 days 15 hours ago): Of course it still works. Did I ever say “h.FaceColorData” (where h is the plot return handle) anywhere in my post? Read the post text carefully and try the code...
- Wolfgang (19 days 16 hours ago): any hint on how this works with r2018b and beyond? I was just trying this on a plot and get: h = plot(1:1:5, 'bo'); h.FaceColorData No appropriate method, property, or field...
Category Archives: Medium risk of breaking in future versions135 relevant articles found:
Parallelizing loops with Matlab’s parfor might generate unexpected results. Users beware!
Undocumented Mex functions can be used to extract the state of Matlab warnings in run-time.
Sending emails and SMS (text) messages from Matlab is easy, once you know a few quirks.
Matlab’s new web-based uifigures can be customized in a variety of undocumented ways.
Matlab listbox selection can be customized in a variety of undocumented ways.
The parfor (parallel for) loops can be made faster using a few simple tips.
R2016a saw the addition of class property types. However, a better alternative has existed for many years.
An interactive search-box can easily be added to a Matlab figure toolbar for enhanced user experience.
The contour lines of 3D Matlab plot can be customized in many different ways. This is the 2nd article on this issue.