- Improving graphics interactivity
- Interesting Matlab puzzle – analysis
- Interesting Matlab puzzle
- Undocumented plot marker types
- Matlab toolstrip – part 9 (popup figures)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 8 (galleries)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 7 (selection controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 6 (complex controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 5 (icons)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 4 (control customization)
- Reverting axes controls in figure toolbar
- Matlab toolstrip – part 3 (basic customization)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 2 (ToolGroup App)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 1
- Desktop (45)
- Figure window (59)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (165)
- Handle graphics (84)
- Hidden property (42)
- Icons (15)
- Java (174)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (393)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (10)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (139)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (52)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (217)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsAppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented feature Semi-documented function Toolbar Toolstrip uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Hassan (19 hours 33 minutes ago): solved. the scatter plot was prepared for part of the full cell number!
- Hassan (22 hours 57 minutes ago): Dear Yair, I have the following code that worked for me in the past. I have nothing new except or using different dataset (the Matlab version is the same 2016a). But it is not...
- James P. Herman (6 days 7 hours ago): Any thoughts on how to preserve axis offset in an exported PDF? Using export_fig or print both seem to restore the full size of the ruler: clear close all % make figure...
- Yair Altman (9 days 19 hours ago): @Jeremiah – perhaps the default interactions are implemented only as the last step in the axes creation sequence, after the user-specified AxesCreationFcn callback has...
- Jeremiah (9 days 19 hours ago): I tried to run your function during a figure(…) creation and it removes the axes toolbar but it does not change the interactions. Those only work once the axes is already...
- Yair Altman (16 days 18 hours ago): @Ozgu – yes you can but only if you create a dedicated Java cellrenderer class for this (i.e., not in pure Matlab)
- Yair Altman (16 days 19 hours ago): @Samina – in Matlab you have a choice between web-based UI (as with App Designer) or using Java-based controls (as I’ve shown in many articles on this website). In...
- samina (18 days 3 hours ago): hi everyone! I am developing my app using App designer but not satisfy with the look .. I want my app look like professional UIDesign( Flat design) .In order to fulfill my own...
- Ozgu (19 days 17 hours ago): Hi Yair, We can adjust the width and height of the image e.g. (‘autumn’) Is there a way to show a part (selected coords only) of an image on uicontrols using html code?...
- Ozgu (19 days 17 hours ago): Thank you for your answer Yair, Ok. Can I add a mouse hover event for each item for Jcombobox Thanks again Ozgu
- Dev (19 days 23 hours ago): Same question as sco1: Have you had luck utilizing NodeChildren to perform similar options in MATLAB >= R2017a?
- Yair Altman (20 days 21 hours ago): @Ozgu – combobox popups are not the same as listboxes, although they share some common aspects. For example, combo-box items do not have tooltips by default – only...
- Yiftach (21 days 1 hour ago): Thanks Yair! I will give it a try Yiftach
- Yair Altman (21 days 21 hours ago): @Yiftach – you can use App Designer and related uifigures/controls – this displays the GUI in a webpage which does not use Java Swing or EDT.
- Yiftach (21 days 22 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thanks a lot for all the examples and information. I have a short question – is there a way to create a matlab GUI off the EDT, i.e. make a matlab GUI which runs on a...
Category Archives: Public presentation6 relevant articles found:
Several live online webinars on advanced Matlab programming will be presented in September-October 2017.
Advanced Matlab training courses on Matlab User Interfaces (GUI) will be presented in Zurich Switzerland on 29-30 August, 2017
I will be speaking about easy-to-use Matlab tricks at the upcoming Matlab Expo in Bern, Switzerland on June 22, 2017.
The parfor (parallel for) loops can be made faster using a few simple tips.
An interactive search-box can easily be added to a Matlab figure toolbar for enhanced user experience.
I will be presenting a professional pairs-trading and analysis program in two upcoming Matlab conferences in Tel Aviv and Munich.