- Matlab toolstrip – part 9 (popup figures)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 8 (galleries)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 7 (selection controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 6 (complex controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 5 (icons)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 4 (control customization)
- Reverting axes controls in figure toolbar
- Matlab toolstrip – part 3 (basic customization)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 2 (ToolGroup App)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 1
- Customizing web-GUI uipanel
- Scrollable GUI panels
- Multi-threaded Mex
- Plot legend customization
- Desktop (45)
- Figure window (59)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (164)
- Handle graphics (82)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (15)
- Java (174)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (389)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (10)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (52)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (214)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsAppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented feature Semi-documented function Toolbar Toolstrip uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (16 hours 26 minutes ago): @Phil – as you discovered, this conversion is automatically done by Matlab. I am not familiar with a way to override it. The best choice is to store the scalar along with...
- Phil (1 day 2 hours ago): Is there any workaround to prevent Matlab from automatic converting scalar, numeric Java types into doubles? (described here https://www.mathworks.com/help /matlab/matlab_external/ha...
- Yair Altman (1 day 3 hours ago): @Jim – you can implement a simple GUI that has an editbox, which searches for and displays the relevant file/folder completions whenever the user types anything in the...
- Jim Van Zandt (1 day 4 hours ago): I have a significantly different use case (but one using many of the same keywords – I have a function that asks the user to type in a path or file name, and I would...
- Yair Altman (4 days 13 hours ago): Matlab’s statusbar hack only works with non-docked figures. If you need them to work also in docked figures, replicate the functionality using regular panels.
- Yair Altman (4 days 13 hours ago): Jan – if you mean the controls in the statusbar, the only controls that change their relative position are the ones that are attached to right (“East”) border,...
- Yair Altman (4 days 14 hours ago): The slider thumb color is typically set by the Look&Feel and cannot be changed, except by changing the L&F’s standard control color (which is not advisable). To...
- Yair Altman (5 days 1 hour ago): @Batuhan – I don’t know what exactly happened in your specific case, but it could be that you are not storing the ToolGroup handle in a persistent location, as I...
- RichardST (11 days 9 hours ago): Hello All, Ok, I see that I was doing wrong. I needed to: i) wrap the event in a handle, as per the advice above ii) change the callback to display the event’s properties >>...
- RichardST (11 days 10 hours ago): Hello Yair, Is this still meant to work in later versions of MATLAB? With my version of MATLAB Version 9.4 (R2018a) My results are: >> evt = EventTest evt = EventTest@71652c98 >>...
- Michele (13 days 7 hours ago): Dear Yair, I would like to be able to enable/disable editing of specific cells in my table (not just the whole column!), and perhaps also grey-out the disabled cells. Does your...
- jmarco (14 days 3 hours ago): @Yair Altman – Thanks for the quick response. I’ll investigate the color properties some more. I tried changing the look and feel using the directions on your website,...
- Yair Altman (14 days 3 hours ago): This is not a settable property of the standard Swing JSlider. You need to modify the slider’s look-&-feel properties. These include several color properties, so play...
- jmarco (14 days 3 hours ago): Is there a way to color in the slider between the lower bound and the current value? Here’s an example of what I mean: (in case the image doesn’t load, this image is from...
- Yair Altman (14 days 10 hours ago): Alternatively, set the Java frame’s default close operation to DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE, as follows: jFrame.setDefaultCloseOperatio n(jFrame.DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE); % rather than...
Category Archives: Semi-documented function35 relevant articles found:
The javacomponent function is very useful for placing Java components on-screen, but has a few quirks.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
This article explains how to align Java component background color with a Matlab color.
Matlab’s internal hgconvertunits function has a bug that affects timeseries plots. Luckily there is a simple workaround.
Matlab’s uitables can be sortable using simple undocumented features
A borderless button can be used to add unobtrusive functionality to plot axes
ExploreStruct is a utility that shows how custom uitrees can be integrated in Matlab GUI
Events raised in Java code can be caught and handled in Matlab callback functions – this article explains how
This article shows several customizations that can be done to Matlab’s undocumented tab-panels functionality