- Improving graphics interactivity
- Interesting Matlab puzzle – analysis
- Interesting Matlab puzzle
- Undocumented plot marker types
- Matlab toolstrip – part 9 (popup figures)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 8 (galleries)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 7 (selection controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 6 (complex controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 5 (icons)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 4 (control customization)
- Reverting axes controls in figure toolbar
- Matlab toolstrip – part 3 (basic customization)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 2 (ToolGroup App)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 1
- Desktop (45)
- Figure window (59)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (165)
- Handle graphics (84)
- Hidden property (42)
- Icons (15)
- Java (174)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (393)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (10)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (139)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (52)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (217)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsAppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented feature Semi-documented function Toolbar Toolstrip uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Antonio Martinez (1 day 0 hours ago): By the way, these are the relevant MATLAB files if someone wants so keep reverse engineering this thing • C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2018b\toolbox...
- Antonio Martinez (1 day 0 hours ago): So, I don’t know if anyone is still reading this comment section but I tried digging a bit more into how MLAPP files are generated, following up Oleg’s...
- Yair Altman (3 days 18 hours ago): @Jacopo – in R2019a the property is called PointDataCursors. Since it’s a private property of the datacursoremode, you cannot access it directly. Instead, use...
- Yair Altman (5 days 5 hours ago): @Peng – the code above was relevant as of the time I wrote the article, 10 years ago (2009). In recent Matlab releases the code needs to be modified a bit: browser =...
- Peng Liu (6 days 7 hours ago): Hi Yair, When I try to use html in help popup, I was told there is no setHtmlText of browser. So I ask myself is there any update in matlab 2017b. But I tried getComponent with...
- Dennis (7 days 18 hours ago): Ed: I am interested in how for you have taken the ‘capturing the usage of “undefined” variables’ ‘tool’ you have developed. My current code is about 60000...
- Jacopo Remondina (9 days 1 hour ago): Hi, I’m working with MATLAB R2019a – update 4 (the latest one I think), and I would like to know if there are some updates on how these features work. Actually...
- Peng Liu (12 days 7 hours ago): Hello Yair, is it possible to set transparency of javacomponents backgroud color? I tried setBackground(java.awt.Color(1 , 0.98, 0.94, 0.5)) of my Spinning icon which I learned...
- Hassan (17 days 0 hours ago): solved. the scatter plot was prepared for part of the full cell number!
- Hassan (17 days 3 hours ago): Dear Yair, I have the following code that worked for me in the past. I have nothing new except or using different dataset (the Matlab version is the same 2016a). But it is not...
- James P. Herman (22 days 12 hours ago): Any thoughts on how to preserve axis offset in an exported PDF? Using export_fig or print both seem to restore the full size of the ruler: clear close all % make figure...
- Yair Altman (25 days 23 hours ago): @Jeremiah – perhaps the default interactions are implemented only as the last step in the axes creation sequence, after the user-specified AxesCreationFcn callback has...
- Jeremiah (26 days 0 hours ago): I tried to run your function during a figure(…) creation and it removes the axes toolbar but it does not change the interactions. Those only work once the axes is already...
- Yair Altman (32 days 23 hours ago): @Ozgu – yes you can but only if you create a dedicated Java cellrenderer class for this (i.e., not in pure Matlab)
- Yair Altman (32 days 23 hours ago): @Samina – in Matlab you have a choice between web-based UI (as with App Designer) or using Java-based controls (as I’ve shown in many articles on this website). In...
Category Archives: Semi-documented function35 relevant articles found:
The semi-documented hgfeval function can be useful for callback chaining – this article explains how
This article describes how to customize Matlab GUI tree controls created using the undocumented uitree function
This article describes the undocumented Matlab uitree function, which displays data in a GUI tree component
Matlab’s built-in javacomponent function can be used to display Java components in Matlab application – this article details its usages and limitations
Windows DDE is an unsupported and undocumented feature of Matlab, that can be used to improve the work-flow in the Windows environment
This article describes several undocumented Matlab functions that support tab-panels
Matlab contains a few undocumented GUI layout managers, which greatly facilitate handling GUI components in dynamically-changing figures.
The Java Swing Event Dispatch Thread (EDT) is very important for Matlab GUI timings. This article explains the potential pitfalls and their avoidance using undocumented Matlab functionality.