- Undocumented plot marker types
- Matlab toolstrip – part 9 (popup figures)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 8 (galleries)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 7 (selection controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 6 (complex controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 5 (icons)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 4 (control customization)
- Reverting axes controls in figure toolbar
- Matlab toolstrip – part 3 (basic customization)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 2 (ToolGroup App)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 1
- Customizing web-GUI uipanel
- Scrollable GUI panels
- Multi-threaded Mex
- Desktop (45)
- Figure window (59)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (164)
- Handle graphics (83)
- Hidden property (42)
- Icons (15)
- Java (174)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (390)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (10)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (138)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (52)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (215)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsAppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented feature Semi-documented function Toolbar Toolstrip uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (2 hours 32 minutes ago): @Arash – the “handles” that you refer to is a simple Matlab struct that contains the GUI handles in separate fields. You can easily create it in your code by...
- Yair Altman (2 hours 38 minutes ago): @Mohammad – you can install a dummy column CellEditor, as follows: % Disable editing but enable cell-selection for column #0 ce = javax.swing.DefaultCellEdit...
- Arash Marashian (2 hours 42 minutes ago): Hi, I have a question, can I use something like “handles”, that we have in GUI?
- Yair Altman (1 day 15 hours ago): Here’s another usage example of using the bars’ undocumented XOffset property to get the bar centers for the benefit of the errorbar function:...
- Mohammad (2 days 23 hours ago): Hey Yair, I bought your book and my question is about set cells of table editable. Changing “ColumnEditable” in matlab uitable is easy. Also if we use from java shape...
- Gang YAO (3 days 14 hours ago): showcaseToolGroup.m is gone in R2019a…
- Yair Altman (4 days 15 hours ago): @Karthik – you can pass hToolGroup as an extra parameter to your callback function when you set it up, using cell-array notation (details). I plan to discuss tear-off...
- karthik (8 days 9 hours ago): yair, i am an ardent follower of your undocumented matlab work. i love your present posts on tool strips. Am trying to implement the last post on file chooser using push button call...
- Yair Altman (9 days 4 hours ago): @Antonius – try to add drawnow; pause(0.1); after the creation of the bar, before the use of the Face property.
- michel bertrand (9 days 6 hours ago): There is a solution to create categories and get favorites, code, etc posted on nov 27. I am playing with these ideas, and in the process of re-writing the Matlab code I...
- Yair Altman (11 days 15 hours ago): @Steven – did you even bother to download and try setPrompt() before posting your comment?! It still works to this day (duh!)
- Steven Hunsinger (12 days 0 hours ago): Does this work in Windows MATLAB R2018b? Or would someone mind demonstrating how to change the prompt in R2018b via command?
- Yaroslav (12 days 12 hours ago): Maybe they couldn’t find a good shortcut. The natural one for hbar would beplot(x,y,'-');but it already has an interpretation (of a full line). Nonetheless, the shortcut...
- Yair Altman (13 days 12 hours ago): @Kanthaswamy – perhaps you can run struct(Simulink.data.Dictionar y) or use my getundoc utility to check whether there are any hidden properties that you can use to store...
- Antonius Armanious (13 days 14 hours ago): I tried using hBarChart.Face to change the colors of the bars, but it did not work. I do not get any errors, but colors do not change. Here you are the command lines I...
Tag Archives: FindJObj27 relevant articles found:
the ubiquitous findjobj utility has been significantly improved for speed for the most common use case.
Matlab’s listbox layout can be modified to display multiple item columns and different inter-cell margins.
Matlab’s editbox can be customized in many useful manners
The Matlab Variables Editor can be accessed to provide immediate scrolling to a specified cell location.
A few Java-based customizations can transform a plain-looking data table into a lively colored one.
Matlab checkboxes can easily be made to support tri-state functionality.
Matlab uicontrol borders can easily be modified – this article shows how
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
Matlab’s uicontrol tooltips have several limitations that can be overcome using the control’s underlying Java object.