- Blocked wait with timeout for asynchronous events
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 2
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 1
- Spicing up the Matlab Editor
- Auto-scale image colors
- Adding custom properties to GUI objects
- IP address input control
- Customizing axes tick labels
- Customizing histogram plots
- Toolbar button labels
- Using SQLite in Matlab
- PlotEdit context-menu customization
- Builtin PopupPanel widget
- Customizing uifigures part 3
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- Desktop (43)
- Figure window (50)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (151)
- Handle graphics (81)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (170)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (372)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (200)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Hassan (1 day 14 hours ago): Hi, I used the suggested script on pc and worked fine. However, when I moved to mac the same script stop working, and I have not transparency gradient. Any help? Thanks,
- Walter Roberson (2 days 16 hours ago): feature('COM_PassSafeArrayByRe f', 1) to turn on passing SAFEARRAY by reference to COM objects. Described in MATLAB Answers 94888
- Alex (3 days 2 hours ago): Thanks so much for your help Yair, code worked perfectly, you’re a life saver.
- Yair Altman (3 days 4 hours ago): @Alex – You can disable certain dates and date-ranges in the calendar as follows: jDateChooser = javaObjectEDT(com.jidesoft.com bobox.DateComboBox); jDateModel =...
- Yair Altman (3 days 5 hours ago): @Ron – Tick labels are strings. If you want to use images, then set the ticklabels to empty (i.e., do not show any ticks) and programmatically add images at the relevant...
- Alex (3 days 22 hours ago): Hi Yair, I noticed that for the DateComboBox, the current date value was outlined in red (by default) and remained that way even when the selection was changed. Is there any way to...
- Ron Dekel (4 days 5 hours ago): I wonder – is it possible to use images as axis tick labels? Ron
- Yair Altman (6 days 18 hours ago): @Paul – To hide the header row altogether: jtable.getTableHeader.getParen t.setVisible(false) To disable (but still show) the header: jtable.getTableHeader.setEn...
- Alexander K. (10 days 12 hours ago): % R2018a hFig = figure; hAxes = axes(hFig); plot(rand(100,1),'Parent',hAxe s); % JavaSceneServerGLJPanel=get(hA xes.NodeParent.JavaComponent,' Component') %...
- Alexander K. (10 days 17 hours ago): % R2018a hFig = figure; hAxes = axes(hFig); plot(rand(100,1),'Parent',hAxe s); JavaSceneServerGLJPanel=get(hA xes.NodeParent.JavaComponent,' Component')...
- Stefan (12 days 5 hours ago): No, saveas(gcf,'filename.svg') still yields axis ticks not formatted with latex. Or what are you referring to?
- paul (16 days 21 hours ago): Hi Yair, This is great GUI table control. Just one question, I try to disable the header, what should I do? Or where can I find relative information about that? Thanks for your help...
- fareed (23 days 3 hours ago): Thank you for your reply. You are awesome , have a nice day sir.
- Yair Altman (23 days 3 hours ago): AppDesigner creates figures that do not [currently] support HTML or Java customizations. To use those, you need to use legacy figures using GUIDE or the figure/uicontrol/uitable...
- fareed (23 days 3 hours ago): I could not display the image in appdesigner uitable. It is a known for this method? Sorry to ask you this because i have been learning to design gui using appdesigner and testing it...
Tag Archives: GUI128 relevant articles found:
It is very easy to add custom user-defined properties and methods to GUI handles and Java references in Matlab.
A built-in JIDE control can be used in Matlab GUI for IP-address entry/display.
GUI toolbar button labels can easily be set and customized using underlying Java components.
A combination of Matlab and Java Robot commands to automate a certain animation can be used when we cannot access underlying GUI/graphics code.
We can use a built-in Matlab popup-panel widget control to display lightweight popups that are attached to a figure window.
Advanced Matlab training courses on Matlab User Interfaces (GUI) will be presented in Zurich Switzerland on 29-30 August, 2017
Matlab uses logical (scaled) pixel positions. With high-DPI displays, this might cause problems, but it is easy to retrieve the physical (unscaled) pixel values.
A file-selector dialog window that includes an integrated preview panel is shown and explained.
HTML can be used to add image icons to Matlab listbox and popup (drop-down) controls.
Matlab uicontrols can often be customized using plain HTML/CSS, without need for advanced Java.