- Matlab toolstrip – part 4 (control customization)
- Reverting axes controls in figure toolbar
- Matlab toolstrip – part 3 (basic customization)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 2 (ToolGroup App)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 1
- Customizing web-GUI uipanel
- Scrollable GUI panels
- Multi-threaded Mex
- Plot legend customization
- Sliders in Matlab GUI – part 2
- String/char compatibility
- Blocked wait with timeout for asynchronous events
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 2
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 1
- Desktop (45)
- Figure window (55)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (159)
- Handle graphics (82)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (15)
- Java (172)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (384)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (10)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (51)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (209)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsAppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented feature Semi-documented function Toolbar Toolstrip uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Drew (5 days 13 hours ago): my comment to Mathworks on this subject was “the least user-friendly update Mathworks has released in the last 15 years…”
- Tom Benson (7 days 20 hours ago): Hi Yair Thanks for all your great workarounds. I tried your last suggestion and indeed the uipanel becomes invisible. However, if the panel has any children then this does not...
- Sajad Rahmdel (7 days 20 hours ago): Thank you
- Henry (11 days 20 hours ago): Hi Yair Thanks for your answer. Maybe MATHWORKS want to prevent their own APPs in the matlab. If they can be deployed, all the Apps can be used without license. But it is very pity,...
- Yair Altman (13 days 5 hours ago): @Henry – for some unknown reason, MathWorks have chosen to intentionally prevent figure docking in compiled applications. There used to be a workaround for this, but it is...
- Ramiro Massol (13 days 10 hours ago): hi Yair, thanks for the file you uploaded to the usage examples section. Happy New Year! best
- Yair Altman (14 days 10 hours ago): @Tanguy – thanks for the typo correction, now fixed.
- Tanguy (14 days 10 hours ago): Hello Yair, minor correction (on the part you recently corrected, sorry): % hTabGroup2 = matlab.ui.internal.desktop.Tab Group(); % should be : hTabGroup2 =...
- Henry (14 days 22 hours ago): Hi, Yair Thanks for your introduction of this toolstrip. if this toolstrip can be deploy as a standalone application, it will be amazing. it is success to deploy the ToolGroupApp.exe...
- Yair Altman (15 days 9 hours ago): I added a downloadable file that can be run as-is, at the top of the Usage Examples section.
- Ramiro Massol (15 days 11 hours ago): hi Yair, i was just trying to reproduce the code you freely publish on your site to test the features of the toolstrip. I guess other readers of your blog will encounter the...
- Yair Altman (15 days 11 hours ago): Ramiro – I’m sorry, but I only do private consulting projects as (well) private consulting projects… Try to display the tool-group at other places within your...
- Ramiro Massol (15 days 12 hours ago): hi Yair, I tried that before but i’ve got a weird toolgroup that changed the name and showed no toolstrip at all and was docked to the command window too. I can send you...
- Yair Altman (15 days 14 hours ago): As the error says, you can’t update a toolstrip after it has been rendered (shown). Simply move the hToolGroup.open() command to the end of your script/function.
- Ramiro Massol (15 days 14 hours ago): great. By the way, I tried the code you posted in section 2 of the toolstrips and noticed an error while trying to create a section (“% “Section” cannot be...
Tag Archives: Java176 relevant articles found:
Matlab’s sendmail only sends simple text messages by default; a simple hack can cause it to send HTML-formatted messages.
MathWorks is soliciting user feedbacks about the use of Java components in Matlab programs.
Matlab’s xmlread function cannot process XML data directly, but this can easily be overcome.
Password fields and spinner controls can easily be embedded in Matlab GUIs.
Sending emails and SMS (text) messages from Matlab is easy, once you know a few quirks.
Fetching SQL ResultSet data from JDBC into Matlab can be made significantly faster.
Matlab uses logical (scaled) pixel positions. With high-DPI displays, this might cause problems, but it is easy to retrieve the physical (unscaled) pixel values.
A file-selector dialog window that includes an integrated preview panel is shown and explained.
Matlab listbox selection can be customized in a variety of undocumented ways.
Red Java errors are sometimes displayed in the Matlab console. They can be removed or avoided in a variety of means.