- Spicing up the Matlab Editor
- Auto-scale image colors
- Adding custom properties to GUI objects
- IP address input control
- Customizing axes tick labels
- Customizing histogram plots
- Toolbar button labels
- Using SQLite in Matlab
- PlotEdit context-menu customization
- Builtin PopupPanel widget
- Customizing uifigures part 3
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- The HotLinks feature
- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Desktop (43)
- Figure window (50)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (151)
- Handle graphics (81)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (169)
- Listeners (21)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (369)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (135)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (200)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- MatthieuC (1 day 19 hours ago): To give more detail about my question… I would add some Subversion specific actions on Right-Click (for instance, setting working copy depth commands). Thank you for your...
- torsion27 (2 days 14 hours ago): is there a matlab gui way to set the row color? i am trying to get the row green if checkbox is checked and red if not, and can’t find a way right now. Tanks for help % ---...
- MatthieuC (2 days 19 hours ago): Hello ! Is there an equivalent for the “Current Folder” context-menu? I know the package is com.mathworks.mlwidgets.explor er but I cannot handle the way of adding...
- Tom (8 days 17 hours ago): Thanks for this tutorial. You saved me a ton of work. After Matlab crashed and corrupted my .mlapp file, I was able to unzip the .mlapp file and get to my GUI code and recreate my GUI....
- Yair Altman (20 days 16 hours ago): @Eric – HTML alignments only work within the area that the control allocates for the contents. It so happens that Java Swing allocates a tightly-fitting area for controls,...
- Mogh (21 days 0 hours ago): My same problem with “mput” function is solved. thanks a lot for your useful suggestion.
- Eric (21 days 14 hours ago): Yair, I have a tab group positioned on the left using TabLocation and i am ok with the auto-sizing of the tabs to fit the longest tab name, but for all the tab names i would like them...
- Nino (23 days 16 hours ago): Hi Yair, First of all, thank you very much for this great website. So far, together with your 2 books (which I recommend to buy and read), it represents the best resource available...
- Yair Altman (23 days 21 hours ago): @Roc – thanks for the follow-up for the benefit of other readers
- Roc Woods (23 days 21 hours ago): I solved the problem. The problem is that when you compile to DLL, if you use the following command mcc -W cpplib:testDeserialized -T link:lib testDeserialized.m -C; the compiler...
- Lokesh Sharma (26 days 21 hours ago): this is a good method…
- Yair Altman (26 days 21 hours ago): Unfortunately, using the Python object requires a separate installation of Python. While it is true that many users already have Python installed, many others do not and for...
- Yair Altman (26 days 22 hours ago): I discussed Ctrl-C interrupts here: https://undocumentedmatlab.com /blog/mex-ctrl-c-interrupt
- Sam Roberts (28 days 15 hours ago): Maarten, No, you can’t do that, although MathWorks are considering the possibility for a future enhancement. A similar question was asked on StackOverflow a while ago...
- Roc Woods (28 days 15 hours ago): @Yair, Thank you very much. I tried your suggestion, but it still has the same result as previous. It is noteworthy that the following code works fine in MATLAB: function...
Tag Archives: MCOS11 relevant articles found:
R2016a saw the addition of class property types. However, a better alternative has existed for many years.
Matlab has a bug with handling multi-element class-access constructs. This post explains the problem and solution.
Matlab’s dual internal serialization/deserialization functions can be used to create duplicates of any object.
MCOS property initialization has a documented but unexpected behavior that could cause many bugs in user code.
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
Private properties of Matlab class objects can be accessed (read and write) using some undocumented techniques.
Performance aspects of Matlab class object creation are discussed, with specific suggestions.
Handle object property access (get/set) performance can be significantly improved using dot-notation.
Matlab’s class properties have a simple and effective mechanism for setting their type.