- Improving graphics interactivity
- Interesting Matlab puzzle – analysis
- Interesting Matlab puzzle
- Undocumented plot marker types
- Matlab toolstrip – part 9 (popup figures)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 8 (galleries)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 7 (selection controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 6 (complex controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 5 (icons)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 4 (control customization)
- Reverting axes controls in figure toolbar
- Matlab toolstrip – part 3 (basic customization)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 2 (ToolGroup App)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 1
- Desktop (45)
- Figure window (59)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (165)
- Handle graphics (84)
- Hidden property (42)
- Icons (15)
- Java (174)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (393)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (10)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (139)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (52)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (217)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsAppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented feature Semi-documented function Toolbar Toolstrip uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Antonio Martinez (1 day 1 hour ago): By the way, these are the relevant MATLAB files if someone wants so keep reverse engineering this thing • C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2018b\toolbox...
- Antonio Martinez (1 day 1 hour ago): So, I don’t know if anyone is still reading this comment section but I tried digging a bit more into how MLAPP files are generated, following up Oleg’s...
- Yair Altman (3 days 19 hours ago): @Jacopo – in R2019a the property is called PointDataCursors. Since it’s a private property of the datacursoremode, you cannot access it directly. Instead, use...
- Yair Altman (5 days 6 hours ago): @Peng – the code above was relevant as of the time I wrote the article, 10 years ago (2009). In recent Matlab releases the code needs to be modified a bit: browser =...
- Peng Liu (6 days 8 hours ago): Hi Yair, When I try to use html in help popup, I was told there is no setHtmlText of browser. So I ask myself is there any update in matlab 2017b. But I tried getComponent with...
- Dennis (7 days 19 hours ago): Ed: I am interested in how for you have taken the ‘capturing the usage of “undefined” variables’ ‘tool’ you have developed. My current code is about 60000...
- Jacopo Remondina (9 days 1 hour ago): Hi, I’m working with MATLAB R2019a – update 4 (the latest one I think), and I would like to know if there are some updates on how these features work. Actually...
- Peng Liu (12 days 8 hours ago): Hello Yair, is it possible to set transparency of javacomponents backgroud color? I tried setBackground(java.awt.Color(1 , 0.98, 0.94, 0.5)) of my Spinning icon which I learned...
- Hassan (17 days 0 hours ago): solved. the scatter plot was prepared for part of the full cell number!
- Hassan (17 days 4 hours ago): Dear Yair, I have the following code that worked for me in the past. I have nothing new except or using different dataset (the Matlab version is the same 2016a). But it is not...
- James P. Herman (22 days 13 hours ago): Any thoughts on how to preserve axis offset in an exported PDF? Using export_fig or print both seem to restore the full size of the ruler: clear close all % make figure...
- Yair Altman (26 days 0 hours ago): @Jeremiah – perhaps the default interactions are implemented only as the last step in the axes creation sequence, after the user-specified AxesCreationFcn callback has...
- Jeremiah (26 days 1 hour ago): I tried to run your function during a figure(…) creation and it removes the axes toolbar but it does not change the interactions. Those only work once the axes is already...
- Yair Altman (33 days 0 hours ago): @Ozgu – yes you can but only if you create a dedicated Java cellrenderer class for this (i.e., not in pure Matlab)
- Yair Altman (33 days 0 hours ago): @Samina – in Matlab you have a choice between web-based UI (as with App Designer) or using Java-based controls (as I’ve shown in many articles on this website). In...
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab186 relevant articles found:
HTML formatting an be used to align and background-color text within Matlab uicontrols such as buttons, listboxes, uitables etc.
Additional meta-data about installed toolboxes can be retrieved in Matlab.
Parallelizing loops with Matlab’s parfor might generate unexpected results. Users beware!
The new implicit expansion feature of Matlab R2016b can break user code in unexpected ways.
Matlab uicontrols can often be customized using plain HTML/CSS, without need for advanced Java.
Subtle changes in the way that we test for zero/non-zero entries in Matlab can have a significant performance impact.
MLAPP files created by AppDesigner can be inspected and manipulated outside AppDesigner.
The axes rulers (axles) can be made to cross-over at any x,y location within the chart.
Matlab’s new web-based uifigures can be customized in a variety of undocumented ways.