- Aug 21 – Matlab performance tuning
- Aug 22 – Advanced Matlab GUI
- Aug 23 – Using Java in Matlab (inc. extra advanced GUI)
Anyone interested please Email me (altmany at gmail dot com) for more details.
I would be happy to work with you to customize an onsite Matlab training course that fills your needs, at the convenience of your location.
My training courses will help you and your team achieve a much higher level of proficiency and efficiency using Matlab. You will quickly learn how to produce higher quality, better looking, faster working, and more robust applications. Your effectiveness in writing Matlab programs will improve, saving you development time while improving the quality. And all this onsite, at the convenience of your offices, at an affordable cost.
- Training in advanced Matlab topics, many of which cannot be found anywhere else
- Onsite – at the convenience of your office meeting room
- Presented by a world-renowned Matlab expert
- Customizable – tailored to your specific needs
- Hands-on guided workshop
- Highly effective – immediate boost of your Matlab abilities
- Excellent testimonial reviews
- Affordable cost
- Optional onsite consulting, to help you with your specific projects
Matlab training topics
Some of the structured training courses offered include:
- Creating professional MATLAB software (2 days)
- Best practices in MATLAB programming (1 day)
- Object-Oriented MATLAB programming (1 day)
- Accelerating MATLAB performance (1 day)
- Visualizing data in MATLAB (1 day)
- Creating interactive MATLAB GUI (1 day)
- Advanced MATLAB GUI (1 or 2 days)
- Enhancing MATLAB programs using Java (1 or 2 days)
- Preparing professional reports in MATLAB (1 day)
- Connecting MATLAB to external hardware/software (1 day)
In your training course, any of the above topics (and other topics) can be combined, giving you the best value for your training investment. Training topics can be removed or added, based on your specific needs. Some of the possible topics include:
- Matlab’s new graphics engine (HG2) – HOT!
- creating Matlab scripts, functions and programs
- controlling program flow
- using Matlab’s built-in functions
- understanding and using Matlab’s various data types
- validating, manipulating and analyzing data
- maximizing processing performance (speed)
- using the Matlab Desktop tools
- analyzing, debugging and profiling Matlab code
- reading data from files/internet in a variety of formats
- saving data to files in a variety of formats
- creating professional reports in HTML, LateX, or Microsoft office (DOC,XLS,PPT) formats
- interfacing with Excel (read/write)
- processing XML documents and data
- displaying information in graphs (plots)
- visualizing information in a variety of graphical and non-graphical manners
- creating, storing and reusing graphs and user annotations
- creating and using interactive Matlab GUI (Graphical User Interfaces)
- applying good design principles to Matlab GUI
- customizing Matlab figure windows
- customizing data tables in Matlab GUI
- robustness, error and sanity checking, compatibility
- Matlab programming conventions and best practices
- object oriented Matlab programming
- using a database with Matlab
- interfacing to external systems (hardware or software)
- integrating ActiveX and Java controls in Matlab figure windows
- improving branding in Matlab applications
- protecting your intellectual property (IP)
- deploying Matlab software professionally
Why me?During the past 20 years, I have trained thousands of students in computer programming and software development. My training courses are highly appreciated, as can be seen by the testimonial reviews below.
My training courses include advanced Matlab topics that are not available anywhere else. In other topics, I provide an unparalleled level of detail and insight. As one of my former clients testified below, “Yair’s training is very recommended and after it, you feel like a new world of Matlab techniques is revealed to you“.
In addition to the training classes, I would be happy to work onsite with your team, at your location, on your coding project(s), giving advise and helping with the development.
To complement my training services, I also offer consulting and software development on a contract basis, possibly also at your location.
I am a fellow engineer, like yourself. I’ve been there, done that, and have already been burned plenty of times. I have delivered actual working software, completing numerous cycles of the software life-cycle: definition, design, development, integration, deployment, QA, training, and maintenance. My training classes are not purely-academic in nature, but emphasize real-life software development tradeoffs and engineering considerations. You can now benefit from all this experience at the convenience of your meeting room.
As evidenced by my popular and highly-rated utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, the code I create is very well-documented, fault-tolerant, scalable, backward-compatible (with other platforms and/or releases) and performant. I will teach you how to write similarly useful and high-quality Matlab code.
I have provided professional Matlab courses to multiple organizations, some of which are listed below. I was also invited by MathWorks to speak at several Matlab conferences. A video recording of my keynote presentation at the Matlab Expo 2016 can be seen on the right.
Request a proposal or additional details
Please expect a response to your specified email within 2 business days. If you do not get a response email by then, please check your email’s spam folder, or send a direct email to altmany at gmail.com