- Aug 21 – Matlab performance tuning
- Aug 22 – Advanced Matlab GUI
- Aug 23 – Using Java in Matlab (inc. extra advanced GUI)
Anyone interested please Email me (altmany at gmail dot com) for more details.
During the past 20 years, I have trained thousands of students in computer programming and software development. I would be happy to work with you to customize a Matlab training course that fills your needs, at the convenience of your location.
My training course will help you and your team achieve a much higher level of proficiency and efficiency using Matlab. You will quickly learn how to produce higher quality, better looking, faster working, and more robust applications. Your effectiveness in writing Matlab programs will improve, saving you development time while improving the quality. And all this at the convenience of your offices, and at a very competitive cost.
The training course will be customized based on your specific needs, in terms of both the training level (introductory to advanced), the topics and the duration.
Some of the structured training courses offered include:
- Matlab fundamentals (3 days)
- Creating professional Matlab software (2 days)
- Best practices in Matlab programming (1 day)
- Matlab performance tuning and real-time programming techniques (1 or 2 days)
- Matlab data visualization (1 or 2 days)
- Creating interactive Matlab GUI (1 day)
- Advanced Matlab GUI (1 or 2 days)
- Enhancing Matlab programs using Java (1 or 2 days)
- Preparing professional reports in MATLAB (1 day)
- Connecting MATLAB to external hardware/software (1 day)
Customizable Matlab training topics
In your training course, any of the above topics (and other topics) can be combined, giving you the best value for your training investment. Training topics can be removed or added, based on your specific needs. Some of the possible topics include:
- creating Matlab scripts, functions and programs
- controlling program flow
- using Matlab’s built-in functions
- understanding and using Matlab’s various data types
- validating, manipulating and analyzing data
- maximizing processing performance (speed)
- using the Matlab Desktop tools
- analyzing, debugging and profiling Matlab code
- reading data from files/internet in a variety of formats
- saving data to files in a variety of formats
- creating professional reports in HTML, LateX, or Microsoft office (DOC,XLS,PPT) formats
- interfacing with Excel (read/write)
- processing XML documents and data
- displaying information in graphs (plots)
- visualizing information in a variety of graphical and non-graphical manners
- creating, storing and reusing graphs and user annotations
- creating and using interactive Matlab GUI (Graphical User Interfaces)
- applying good design principles to Matlab GUI
- customizing Matlab figure windows
- customizing data tables in Matlab GUI
- robustness, error and sanity checking, compatibility
- Matlab programming conventions and best practices
- object oriented Matlab programming
- using a database with Matlab
- interfacing to external systems (hardware or software)
- integrating ActiveX and Java controls in Matlab figure windows
- improving branding in Matlab applications
- protecting your intellectual property (IP)
- deploying Matlab software professionally
I have delivered actual working software, completing numerous cycles of the software life-cycle: definition, design, development, integration, deployment, QA, training, and maintenance. My training classes are not purely-academic in nature, but emphasize real-life software development tradeoffs and engineering considerations. I’ve been there, done that, and have already been burned plenty of times – you can now benefit from all this experience at the convenience of your meeting room.
As evidenced by my popular and highly-rated utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, the code I create is very well-documented, fault-tolerant, scalable, backward-compatible (with other platforms and/or releases) and performant. I will teach you how to write similarly useful and high-quality Matlab code.
In addition to the training classes, I would be happy to work with your team, at your location, on your coding project(s), giving advise and helping with the development.
To complement my training services, I also offer consulting and software development on a contract basis, possibly also at your location.
Convinced? Or need more convincing? Email me (altmany at gmail dot com) for a detailed proposal based on your specific needs.
“I want to thank you again for the course here! It was very inspiring to me and I learned some really interesting things. To be honest, I wish I would have holidays now to try out a few things you mentioned. The people really liked it, regarding different aspects (Content, Trainer and Documentation)!”
- Markus Daehler, ABB (Switzerland)
“Yair Altman is a real “Matlab Technologist”. He knows and understands Matlab from the ground up and especially specializes in advanced topics such as Java connectivity, GUI, Matlab performance and Object Oriented. Yair’s training is very recommended and after it, you feel like a new world of Matlab techniques is revealed to you.”
- Lior Cohen, Applied Materials (Israel)
“Yair is the undisputed guru for anything to do with MATLAB’s undocumented features and Java integration. He has helped me many times with seemingly intractable MATLAB GUI issues. His thorough, exhaustively researched and well written blog is must reading for anyone who needs to go beyond the basics when designing powerful, full featured MATLAB user interfaces.”
- Matthew Whitaker, Radiological Imaging Technology Inc. (USA)
“I worked with Yair both on development projects and tailored Matlab advanced training. On both occasions it has been a great pleasure and great experience. His knowledge of the inner workings of Matlab in general, and Matlab-Java interface is unbelievable. Matlab beginners as well as very experienced users will immensely benefit from his training. I feel very much enriched from this experience… wonderful!
In the complex project we carried out together, I was truly amazed by how quickly and precisely he grasped all the specifications… and how fast he delivered! I highly recommend his services.”
- Cristiano Migliorini, Union Bancaire Privée (Switzerland)