My Matlab training courses will help you achieve a much higher level of proficiency and efficiency using Matlab. Both online webinars and in-person onsite training courses are offered. You will quickly learn how to produce higher quality, better looking, faster working, and more robust applications. Your effectiveness in writing Matlab programs will improve, saving you development time while improving the quality.
And all this at the comfort and convenience of your office or home, at an affordable cost.
Online Matlab webinars
- Interactive Matlab GUI (3:26 hours, syllabus) – $195 (buy)
- Advanced Matlab GUI (3:37 hours, syllabus) – $195 (buy)
- Expert Matlab GUI (3:33 hours, syllabus) – $195 (buy)
==> or buy all 3 Matlab GUI webinars for only $495 (buy)
- Matlab performance tuning part 1 (3:39 hours, syllabus) – $195 (buy)
- Matlab performance tuning part 2 (3:43 hours, syllabus) – $195 (buy)
==> or buy both Matlab performance tuning webinars for only $345 (buy)
- Object-oriented Matlab programming (3:36 hours, syllabus) – $195 (buy)
==> or buy all 6 Matlab webinars (GUI, performance & OOP) for only $895 (buy)
The webinars are based on onsite training courses that I presented at multiple client locations (see below).
All webinars are highly technical, concise and to the point, making effective use of your time.
The prices listed above are for an individual user. Please email if you would like additional information, a group discount, or a corporate/site proposal.
On-site (in-person) Matlab training
- Aug 21 – Matlab performance tuning
- Aug 22 – Advanced Matlab GUI
- Aug 23 – Using Java in Matlab (inc. extra advanced GUI)
Anyone interested please Email me (altmany at gmail dot com) for more details.
Instructor-led Matlab training, at the convenience of your meeting room, presented by Matlab expert Yair Altman.
The following structured courses are offered:
- Creating professional MATLAB software (2 days)
- Best practices in MATLAB programming (1 day)
- Object-Oriented MATLAB programming (1 day)
- Accelerating MATLAB performance (1 day)
- Visualizing data in MATLAB (1 day)
- Creating interactive MATLAB GUI (1 day)
- Advanced MATLAB GUI (1 or 2 days)
- Enhancing MATLAB programs using Java (1 or 2 days)
- Preparing professional reports in MATLAB (1 day)
- Connecting MATLAB to external hardware/software (1 day)
These structured courses can be customized to your specific needs, in terms of training level (introductory to advanced), topics, and duration, providing maximal value for your training investment. Training topics can be added or removed, reduced or expanded. Some of the available topics are listed at the bottom of this page; additional topics can be added upon request.
Request a proposal or additional details
Please expect a response to your specified email within 2 business days. If you do not get a response email by then, please check your email’s spam folder, or send a direct email to altmany at gmail.com
- Training in advanced Matlab topic (some cannot be found anywhere else)
- Presented by a world-renowned Matlab expert
- Highly effective – immediate boost of your Matlab abilities
- Excellent testimonial reviews
- Affordable cost
In addition, onsite training also provides the following benefits:
- Customizable training, tailored to your specific needs
- Onsite – at the convenience of your meeting room
- Hands-on guided workshop
- Optional onsite consulting, to assist your specific projects
During the past 20 years, I have trained thousands of students in computer programming and software development. My training courses are highly appreciated, as can be seen by the testimonial reviews below.
My training courses include advanced Matlab topics that are not available anywhere else. In other topics, I provide an unparalleled level of detail and insight. As one client testified below, “Yair’s training is very recommended and after it, you feel like a new world of Matlab techniques is revealed to you“.
In addition to the training classes, I would be happy to work onsite with your team, at your location, on your coding project(s), providing advise and helping with the development.
To complement my training services, I also offer consulting and software development on a contract basis, either remotely or on-site at your location (or in combination).
I am a fellow engineer, like yourself. I’ve been there, done that, and have already been burned plenty of times. I have delivered actual working software, completing numerous cycles of the software life-cycle: definition, design, development, integration, deployment, QA, training, and maintenance. My training classes are not purely-academic in nature, but emphasize real-life software development tradeoffs and engineering considerations. You can now benefit from all this experience at the convenience of your meeting room.
As evidenced by my popular and highly-rated utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, the code I create is very well-documented, fault-tolerant, scalable, backward-compatible (with other platforms and/or releases) and performant. I am the most highly-rated and downloaded contributor on Matlab’s File Exchange in the past decade. I will teach you how to write similarly useful and high-quality Matlab code.
I have provided professional Matlab courses to multiple organizations, some of which are listed below. I was also invited by MathWorks to speak at several Matlab conferences. A video recording of my keynote presentation at the Matlab Expo 2016 can be seen on the right.
Convinced? Or need more convincing? Email me (altmany at gmail dot com) or fill out this form for a detailed proposal based on your specific needs.
- Matlab language and environment:
- using the Matlab Desktop tools
- creating Matlab scripts, functions and programs
- controlling program flow
- using Matlab’s built-in functions
- understanding and using Matlab’s various data types
- validating, manipulating and analyzing data
- object oriented Matlab programming
- Professional Matlab programming:
- Matlab programming conventions and best practices
- robustness, error and sanity checking, compatibility
- reading data from files/internet in a variety of formats
- saving data to files in a variety of formats
- creating professional reports in HTML, LateX, or Microsoft office (DOC,XLS,PPT) formats
- interfacing with Excel (read/write)
- processing XML documents and data
- using a database with Matlab
- interfacing to external systems (hardware or software)
- integrating ActiveX and Java controls in Matlab figure windows
- protecting your intellectual property (IP)
- branding in Matlab applications
- Graphics & GUI:
- visualizing information in a variety of graphical and non-graphical manners
- displaying information in graphs (plots)
- customizing Matlab graphics
- creating, storing and reusing graphs and user annotations
- creating and using interactive Matlab GUI (Graphical User Interfaces)
- applying good design principles to Matlab GUI
- customizing data tables in Matlab GUI
- customizing Matlab figure windows
- Performance and scalability:
- maximizing run-time performance (speed)
- analyzing, debugging and profiling Matlab code
- code vectorization and parallelization
- tradeoff considerations with performance, scalability, latency and throughput
- deploying Matlab software professionally
Additional Matlab topics can be added upon request – please contact us for details.