Access live and historic financial market data from DTN IQFeed in Matlab, using the IQML application.
IQML provides an easy-to-use Matlab interface to IQFeed, enabling quants, traders and ordinary folk to easily leverage Matlab’s superior analysis and visualization capabilities, with the IQFeed low-cost trading platform for stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, bonds, options, futures, commodities and Forex. IQML can be used for both automated algo-trading and selective manual trading, as well as continuous market data feed; it is actively used by hundreds of financial institutions and individuals worldwide.
IQML solves the IQFeed-to-Matlab connectivity problem with a reliable, easy-to-use Matlab interface that works right out of the box. IQML enables Matlab users to leverage the IQFeed platform to:
- query current market data (quotes and contract info) in snapshot (blocking) or streaming modes.
- query historical and intraday market data.
- receive news headlines and complete news stories.
- attach user-defined Matlab callback functions to IQFeed messages.
- combine all of the above for a full-fledged end-to-end automated trading system using plain Matlab.
IQML outshines the alternatives in terms of performance, reliability, features, stability, deployment, compatibility, cost and overall value. Don’t take our word for it – download your fully-functional free trial today, and check for yourself! (or email us at email@example.com for additional information)
Main features of IQML
- Full solution – IQML is an inexpensive application that enables simple Matlab access to IQFeed’s data.
- Stability – IQML has been extensively tested. It is rock solid.
- Inexpensive – IQML provides excellent value compared to other connectors of its kind or to the amount of time that would be needed to develop a similar robust connector from scratch. A fully-functional free trial version is available (see below).
- Easy to use – Users can access IQFeed’s data by simple Matlab commands, without need for any Matlab programming. IQML simplifies the IQFeed API in a very easy-to-use yet powerful interface that can be used by any Matlab user, novice or advanced.
- Extensive IQFeed functionality –
- IQFeed data available in both blocking and streaming modes
- Fundamental data on assets
- Historic, intra-day and live trade ticks
- Live quotes (snapshots and ticks)
- News events: headlines, story-counts, full-text stories and filters
- Symbols and market codes lookup
- Ability to attach user’s Matlab callback functions to IQFeed messages
- Novice and advanced users – Users can use easy-to-use Matlab commands, to access IQFeed’s data. Minimal or no programming is required to access this data.
- User callbacks – Users can easily attach Matlab code (callbacks) to IQFeed messages. For example, this enables adding an entry in an Excel file, or sending an email/SMS (text message), whenever a stock reaches a certain price or trade volume.
- Compatibility –
- Platforms: IQML works on all platforms on which IQFeed runs: Windows, Mac OS, Linux.
- IQFeed API: IQML works with all recent IQFeed installations, including the latest IQFeed API (5.0-5.2, 6.0).
- Matlab: IQML works on all Matlab releases since 2008, including the latest release (R2018a).
- Security – IQML does not transmit any information externally except to IQFeed, so your trading information are as safe as your own computer.
- Performance – IQML is optimized for performance, providing fast and responsive connectivity. While Matlab as a platform is not well-suited for HFT, IQML enables receiving hundreds of streaming quotes or other IQFeed messages per second, with message latencies as low as 1ms and parallelization supported.
- Development – IQML was developed by an acknowledged Matlab expert, who wrote the reference textbooks on Matlab-Java interfacing and Matlab performance, as well as the acclaimed IB-Matlab connector.
- Support – Custom development and ongoing support is available directly from the developer, with extremely fast response times.
- Documentation – Extensive and comprehensive documentation, with numerous code examples and usage tips (see below).
- Backtesting – IQML does not include backtesting functionality. IQML’s author (Yair Altman) has extensive experience in developing complete backtesting and real-time trading applications. Yair will be happy to either develop a new application based on your specifications, or to integrate IQML into an existing application, under a consulting contract.
No other solution provides this rich set of features. Don’t take our word for it – get your free trial and check for yourself. You will not be disappointed. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Don’t take our word for it – try it out for yourself!
Pricing and support
|License type||# of computers||License duration||License cost||Remarks|
|Free trial (see below)||unlimited||30 days||Free||No extension or renewal|
|Commercial (standard)||unlimited||1 month||USD 49.- buy|
|1||3 months||USD 119.- buy|
|1||6 months||USD 199.- buy|
|1||1 year||USD 299.- buy||Most popular|
|1||2 years||USD 499.- buy|
|1||3 years||USD 699.- buy|
|1||5 years||USD 999.- buy||Best value|
|Academic||1||3 months||USD 79.- buy||See note #2 below|
|1||6 months||USD 139.- buy|
|1||1 year||USD 199.- buy|
|1||2 years||USD 349.- buy|
|Volume (multi-computer)||flexible||flexible||Contact us|
|Deployment (compiled or OEM)||unlimited||flexible|
|Custom feature development||unlimited||unlimited|
|Custom trading-program development||unlimited||unlimited||some examples|
- The Commercial and Academic licenses are limited to a single user on a single physical computer.
- The Academic license is only available to users having an active academic institution email address (for example, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Academic license can be converted to a standard Commercial license of the same duration, for a one-time cost of USD 150.
- The license cost includes installation support, fixing bugs, and free product upgrades during the license term.
- Renewal is always to the same duration term as the original license purchase.
- Prices are subject to change from time to time.
- Payment is processed by PayPal (a PayPal account is not required, all major credit cards are accepted). Contact us if you wish to pay via wire (bank) transfer.
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com for additional information.
Free trial version
Download a free trial of IQML with detailed installation and usage instructions. There are absolutely no strings attached: the trial is completely free and fully functional, just limited in duration (30 days).
You only need the basic Matlab, no toolbox is required. You can be up and running within minutes. We are confident that you will love the product, so we encourage you to test it:
Download your free 30-day trial now! (or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information)
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES, LOSS OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
(detailed disclaimer is available in IQML’s User Guide)