- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Transparent labels
- Setting class property types – take 2
- Smart listbox & editbox scrollbars
- Faster findjobj
- Adding a search box to figure toolbar
- Upcoming public Matlab presentations
- Secure SSL connection between Matlab and PostgreSQL
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- Munich Germany visit, 9-11 May 2016
- Better MEX error messages
- Simple GUI Tabs for Advanced Matlab Trading App
- Quirks with compiled Matlab DLLs
- Convolution performance
- I am hiring a Matlab programmer (Tel Aviv)
- Graphic sizing in Matlab R2015b
- Desktop (37)
- Figure window (41)
- Guest bloggers (53)
- GUI (135)
- Handle graphics (72)
- Hidden property (37)
- Icons (7)
- Java (152)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (10)
- Presumed future risk (324)
- Public presentation (2)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (121)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (44)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (168)
- Undocumented function (32)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (3 hours 34 minutes ago): You probably have a bug in your code. Use the Matlab debugger to find it.
- Dan (6 hours 43 minutes ago): I used uicomponent to create an array of jsliders and tried to use this array in another but nested function where values of the sliders will be read and manipulated. However I got an...
- Me (16 hours 11 minutes ago): I wish there were more people like you in this world! Saved a lot of my time!
- Yair Altman (1 day 2 hours ago): @Lukas – Matlab automatically removes transparency when you modify the axes (e.g., by rotation). You could attach a callback listener to the axes’ MarkedClean event...
- Nick Gianopouulos (1 day 17 hours ago): @Yair – So you did, I just failed to read the first part of this post for some reason. Lol, I’m honestly in shock over how quick your reply was – thanks...
- Yair Altman (1 day 18 hours ago): @Nick – I do not understand your question: at the very top of this post I showed how to use the ColorType and ColorData properties of the TriangleStrip objects in order to...
- Nick Gianopouulos (1 day 18 hours ago): Yair, do you know if any of these TriangleStrips properties controls transparency (similar to the FaceAlpha property)? Thanks, Nick Gianopoulos
- Yair Altman (1 day 20 hours ago): Follow-up: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/transparent-labels
- Simon (1 day 20 hours ago): Matlab typing in general isn’t great. Try this; inceptDate datetime = datetime(,,); % The period start date as datetime Then set it like to the string – '1-Jan-2010'...
- Adam Gogacz (1 day 23 hours ago): I agree with your point. I can think of many simple solutions to type-specification without breaking users’ code all the while sticking to the convention of having the...
- Adam Gogacz (2 days 20 hours ago): @Yair I just checked that “augmentedmatlab.comR 21; domain name is still available
- Adam (2 days 21 hours ago): Thanks, this is certainly interesting. More so for me because I somehow missed your previous post from 3 years ago and knew nothing about the undocumented syntax (or the new documented...
- Yair Altman (2 days 22 hours ago): @Adam – if TMW linked to my blog it wouldn’t be “undocumented” Matlab any longer, would it?
- Adam Gogacz (2 days 23 hours ago): @mySelf The answer is here (http://undocumentedmatlab.com /blog/uicontrol-callbacks#memo ry_leak) thanks for that post. BTW, I wish Mathworks linked to your articles :). Thanks...
- Adam Gogacz (2 days 23 hours ago): Hi, Yair, can you comment on the memory leakage associated with using “set” on Java objects( http://www.mathworks.com/help/ matlab/ref/set.html )? I frequently use...
Category Archives: Desktop37 relevant articles found:
Non-standard shortcut controls and customizations can easily be added to the Matlab desktop.
Matlab Desktop shortcuts can be programmatically accessed and customized.
A couple of internal Matlab bugs and their workarounds.
Matlab Online is a MathWorks product that enables running Matlab applications via a full-fledged web interface.
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
Matlab’s fprintf command has an undocumented hack to display orange-colored text.
The Matlab Variables Editor can be accessed to provide immediate scrolling to a specified cell location.
JGit source-control integration package can easily be integrated in Matlab.
a bug exists in the profiler that prevents usage of its documented CPU timing functionality.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 4 of series.