- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Bar plot customizations
- Plotly graphs in IPython Notebook
- Matlab callbacks for Java events in R2014a
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- JSON-Matlab integration
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (42)
- GUI (110)
- Handle graphics (52)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (132)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (262)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (96)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (125)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Bill Doss (6 hours 38 minutes ago): @Yair … I’ll try that approach. Thanks again. Bill
- Greg (11 hours 54 minutes ago): Thanks, this works well for my patch plots. Do you know if there is a similar command to smooth the edges of the patch itself such that if I turn off the lines of my patch the block...
- Mohsen (15 hours 21 minutes ago): Hi Yair, I’ve used findjobj to align the row headers in my uitable. The problem is when I try to change the dimension of my table it does not allow the new row names to be...
- Kesh (1 day 1 hour ago): I’m implementing a Matlab application with “dynamic” tabs (adding/deleting tabs with their own menu & toolbar items on the fly.) So, it just happened to be a...
- Yair Altman (1 day 2 hours ago): @Bill – Java sliders have different model values for the slider than Matlab. Since you have my book, look at page 418. You simply need to convert between the increment and...
- Yair Altman (1 day 2 hours ago): @Kesh – You could possibly trap the ComponentHierarchyChanged callback (or something similar) and then re-update the toolbar. But I really don’t see this as a major...
- Kesh (1 day 2 hours ago): Hey Yair, I just bumped into an aggravating issue with Java toolbar components (R2014a) which I don’t think has been brought up on this site. The problem: Java based toolbar...
- Bill Doss (1 day 5 hours ago): @Yair Thanks … I noticed some quirky behavior and I don’t know if it’s something I forgot to do or just what is going on. Using the following simple test: abc.m:...
- Yair Altman (1 day 8 hours ago): @Bill – it’s exactly like any other Matlab callback function. It accepts an object reference as first input arg, followed by an eventData object (that includes...
- Bill Doss (1 day 8 hours ago): What are the arguments passed into the ‘AdjustmentValueChangedC allback’ function? I saw them mentioned somewhere, here on this site or in your book, but I can’t...
- Bogi Magnussen (2 days 10 hours ago): I had this issue when showing figures in Matlab, it would hang for 5-10 seconds every time i display a new figure. Thanks for your recommendations, they worked for me as...
- Yair Altman (2 days 11 hours ago): or use try/catch
- Sergey (2 days 11 hours ago): Thank you very much, Yair. Apparently I need to read more about the HG2 and use “if-s” in my code for compatibility.
- Yair Altman (2 days 13 hours ago): @Sergey – To set all bar faces to the same color and alpha: hBar = bar(...); hBar.Face.ColorType = 'truecoloralpha'; % default is 'truecolor' without alpha...
- Sergey (2 days 15 hours ago): Thanks a lot for the very useful resource, Yair. Indeed in HG1 bar series can be treated as a set of patches and one can change a transparency using, e.g. hb = bar(...); hp =...
Category Archives: Desktop34 relevant articles found:
Matlab Online is a MathWorks product that enables running Matlab applications via a full-fledged web interface.
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
Matlab’s fprintf command has an undocumented hack to display orange-colored text.
The Matlab Variables Editor can be accessed to provide immediate scrolling to a specified cell location.
JGit source-control integration package can easily be integrated in Matlab.
a bug exists in the profiler that prevents usage of its documented CPU timing functionality.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 4 of series.
An undocumented feature of the Matlab Profiler can report call history timeline – part 3 of series.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 2 of series.
A list of suggested config changes to the default Matlab installation is detailed.