- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- rmfield performance
- Viewing saved profiling results
- Transparent labels
- Setting class property types – take 2
- Smart listbox & editbox scrollbars
- Faster findjobj
- Adding a search box to figure toolbar
- Upcoming public Matlab presentations
- Secure SSL connection between Matlab and PostgreSQL
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- Munich Germany visit, 9-11 May 2016
- Better MEX error messages
- Simple GUI Tabs for Advanced Matlab Trading App
- Quirks with compiled Matlab DLLs
- Convolution performance
- Desktop (38)
- Figure window (41)
- Guest bloggers (54)
- GUI (135)
- Handle graphics (72)
- Hidden property (37)
- Icons (7)
- Java (152)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (10)
- Presumed future risk (326)
- Public presentation (2)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (123)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (44)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (169)
- Undocumented function (32)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Steven Lauwereins (2 hours 19 minutes ago): On a macbook pro 13″ retina the DPI awareness of matlab works only when the screen is in default mode (and then it looks indeed like any retina aware app). Whenever...
- Adee Ran (5 hours 33 minutes ago): Thanks for exposing this (yet another) undocumented feature! I used a variant to set the “original zoom” of only the horizontal axis – which “zoom...
- Alex Boykov (2 days 8 hours ago): Hello, Mosawi! Thank you for your question! In the code from the article uses a figure named “SimpleOptimizedTab̶ 1;, so you should change that name to your...
- Yair Altman (2 days 8 hours ago): @Christoph – excellent: this means that you can report this to MathWorks as an official bug. If and when you ever learn anything new about this, then please update with a...
- Christoph Feenders (2 days 8 hours ago): @Yair – I found that the bug also affects the “official way”: brushing data and selecting Tools->Brushing->Create new variable… also gives...
- Mosawi (2 days 8 hours ago): Hello, I am trying to embed the tab code into my existing GUI. I am getting the error: Reference to non-existent field ‘SimpleOptimizedTab̵ 7;. I analyzed your code and...
- Ivan (3 days 2 hours ago): Of course you are right I’m sorry; I’m just doing it for my personal curiosity so it’s not necessary to disturb you anymore, however thank you a lot and...
- Yair Altman (3 days 11 hours ago): @Peter – excellent usage example. Thanks for sharing.
- Yair Altman (3 days 11 hours ago): @Clement – apparently you can dispose the browser object using its dispose() method. You can simply call it when the window closes. For example: set(f, 'CloseRequestFcn',...
- Clement Val (3 days 11 hours ago): Hello, I have a little trouble using this component in a Matlab class UI I have developed: although I delete the java objects in my destructor, “jxBrowser Chromium Native...
- Peter (3 days 20 hours ago): I recently wrote a function that needed to calculate many many thousands of dot products. When I profiled my function, it was spending a ton of time in the dot function. When I opened...
- Yair Altman (3 days 23 hours ago): @Payam – see here: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/customizing-listbox-editb ox-scrollbars. Once you get the scrollpane handles you can modify the relevant scrollbar...
- Payam Nia (3 days 23 hours ago): Dear Yair, I have the same issue also. I am trying to define the vertical scroll bar’s position. Thanks, Payam
- Nate (4 days 3 hours ago): Like others, I’m struggling to use this to get rid of white space in subplots. Perhaps an example would help? And is it best to resize the figure before apply this commands? Many...
- Petr (4 days 4 hours ago): Works perfect, thanks Yair! Let me ask you how do I get the real row number in the table if my above label is collapsed? Thanks, Petr
Category Archives: Desktop38 relevant articles found:
We can easily use saved profiling results to analyze, view and compare profiling results of multiple runs.
Non-standard shortcut controls and customizations can easily be added to the Matlab desktop.
Matlab Desktop shortcuts can be programmatically accessed and customized.
A couple of internal Matlab bugs and their workarounds.
Matlab Online is a MathWorks product that enables running Matlab applications via a full-fledged web interface.
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
Matlab’s fprintf command has an undocumented hack to display orange-colored text.
The Matlab Variables Editor can be accessed to provide immediate scrolling to a specified cell location.
JGit source-control integration package can easily be integrated in Matlab.
a bug exists in the profiler that prevents usage of its documented CPU timing functionality.