- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Quirks with compiled Matlab DLLs
- Convolution performance
- I am hiring a Matlab programmer (Tel Aviv)
- Graphic sizing in Matlab R2015b
- Programmatic shortcuts manipulation – part 2
- Programmatic shortcuts manipulation – part 1
- Solving a Matlab MCOS bug
- Customizing contour plots
- Figure keypress modifiers
- Enabling user callbacks during zoom/pan
- Hyperlink text labels
- Font selection components
- Adding dynamic properties to graphic handles
- Callback functions performance
- Solving an mput (FTP) hang problem
- Desktop (37)
- Figure window (40)
- Guest bloggers (51)
- GUI (130)
- Handle graphics (71)
- Hidden property (36)
- Icons (7)
- Java (147)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (315)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (121)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (42)
- Uncategorized (11)
- Undocumented feature (163)
- Undocumented function (32)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Heiko (9 hours 38 minutes ago): … found the solution: SetDate with Java date Format as Input java.util.Date()
- Heiko (9 hours 54 minutes ago): Hi, how to set the default date that Shows up when inititalizing the DateSpinnerComboBox? Thanks, Heiko
- Miguel Secundino (1 day 2 hours ago): This discussion is the only place that I found with some relation with my question: Could be possible minimize the Simulink editor window from Matlab? I have spended a lot...
- Yair Altman (6 days 3 hours ago): @Ale – First, did you really expect some undocumented functionality that I wrote about back in 2009 to continue working in 2015 ?! Be realistic! Secondly, it turns out...
- Krishnan (6 days 12 hours ago): Yair, I think I have a method of adding and removing from static class path, but I am unable to make it stick on subsequent restarts of Matlab. The idea is to use...
- Yair Altman (6 days 15 hours ago): @Chuck – don’t delete the component, but rather its Matlab container. This will work in both R2013b and R2015b: [jc,hc] = javacomponent(label,...); ... delete(hc)
- Yair Altman (7 days 14 hours ago): no Alex
- Alex Poulsen (7 days 19 hours ago): Would italicized text be possible?
- Yair Altman (9 days 13 hours ago): The code that is launched by the button callback runs on a separate thread so waitfor simply blocks execution of that thread, and other callbacks can still process. This is...
- Johan (9 days 22 hours ago): Hi Yair, I stumbled onto this page when trying to solve my conundrum. I’m trying to get ‘waitfor/uiwait’ to hold for a message box in a callback. I made a minimum...
- Yair Altman (11 days 8 hours ago): Yes of course. But since you neglected to come back here and update that you have found a solution, causing me and other readers extra effort to look for a solution, I thought...
- Carl Witthoft (12 days 9 hours ago): Yep, at least for me drawnow solved the problem. I was the OP for that SO question, btw
- Yair Altman (12 days 12 hours ago): Cross-referenced solution (as for Fabian’s issue above, to add a call to drawnow): http://stackoverflow.com/a/350 70679/233829
- Carl Witthoft (13 days 5 hours ago): (sorry about directly emailing – I missed your warnings) Hi – re your column on assigning transparency to plot markers: I tried the code on a simple example and...
- Ale (13 days 7 hours ago): What about setting a keyboard shortcut for a custom shortcut? I have some shortcut that I use really often, but I have to click on them all the time… Ale
Category Archives: Desktop37 relevant articles found:
Non-standard shortcut controls and customizations can easily be added to the Matlab desktop.
Matlab Desktop shortcuts can be programmatically accessed and customized.
A couple of internal Matlab bugs and their workarounds.
Matlab Online is a MathWorks product that enables running Matlab applications via a full-fledged web interface.
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
Matlab’s fprintf command has an undocumented hack to display orange-colored text.
The Matlab Variables Editor can be accessed to provide immediate scrolling to a specified cell location.
JGit source-control integration package can easily be integrated in Matlab.
a bug exists in the profiler that prevents usage of its documented CPU timing functionality.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 4 of series.