- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training, amazing value - additional info
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Frameless (undecorated) figure windows
- Transparent legend
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (36)
- Guest bloggers (48)
- GUI (123)
- Handle graphics (66)
- Hidden property (34)
- Icons (7)
- Java (141)
- Listeners (18)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (296)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (115)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (148)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 day 11 hours ago): @Sam – thanks for confirming that BDE does indeed stand for Block Diagram Editor as I’ve speculated. As I noted in the main text, MathWorks removed BDE from the core...
- Yair Altman (1 day 11 hours ago): @Sam – thanks for the detailed feedback
- Sam Roberts (1 day 11 hours ago): Yair – just in case you’re still interested (I appreciate that this is a very old post I’m replying to), BDE is short for block diagram editor. It’s part...
- Sam Roberts (1 day 11 hours ago): Hi Scott and Yair, I’ve used JGraphX quite a bit within MATLAB UIs, and have a couple of suggestions based on my experience. i) When you create the mxGraphComponent,...
- Yaroslav (2 days 3 hours ago): Hi Yair, Regarding the new HG2 system: it seems that TMW have sealed all the graphic classes and widgets from sub-classing. They have also concealed (by pcode) the implementation,...
- Bryan Moosman (2 days 9 hours ago): Hello Yair, I’ve tried both the code above and the functions you submitted. I’ve got 2 areas of feedback: 1. The figure sizing isn’t quite correct. It was a...
- Brian (2 days 14 hours ago): Hello Yair, Thanks for all your work on this site. I’ve had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to do a border-less button. I tried using both the null vector...
- Yair Altman (3 days 2 hours ago): @Brittney – the 3rd (optional) input parameter of the javacomponent function is the parent container handle. It can be the figure handle (default value: current figure or...
- Brittney Marimow (3 days 3 hours ago): Thank you for the GREAT post. One question, is there a way to place this spinner within a “Parent” box. I am working on a GUI that has 5 different boxes on a...
- Yair Altman (4 days 0 hours ago): @Vidya – the *CallbackData properties are automatically populated by Matlab whenever the corresponding *Callback is called, and then this callback-data is passed on to the...
- Karai (6 days 7 hours ago): Hi Yair, Is it possible to download Java source code for ExampleWindow? I would be very grateful if you could send me a link. Kind regards
- Vidya (7 days 1 hour ago): Hello Yair, I started using the Java sliders in Matlab yesterday and they work great (thanks for the texbook as well as the tutorials)! I do not have much experience with Java though,...
- Yair Altman (9 days 6 hours ago): You need to set the callbacks to update the text dynamically, of course. If you’d like me to help you debug your specific issue, contact me by email for a short consulting.
- Yair Altman (9 days 6 hours ago): http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/javacomponent#comment-802 47
- Christina (9 days 6 hours ago): How do you change the tick labels? I’m trying to use the JSlider for a time range and so I want the labels to be datestr(x,13) output of the times. Can’t seem to...
Category Archives: Desktop35 relevant articles found:
A couple of internal Matlab bugs and their workarounds.
Matlab Online is a MathWorks product that enables running Matlab applications via a full-fledged web interface.
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
Matlab’s fprintf command has an undocumented hack to display orange-colored text.
The Matlab Variables Editor can be accessed to provide immediate scrolling to a specified cell location.
JGit source-control integration package can easily be integrated in Matlab.
a bug exists in the profiler that prevents usage of its documented CPU timing functionality.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 4 of series.
An undocumented feature of the Matlab Profiler can report call history timeline – part 3 of series.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 2 of series.