- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Bar plot customizations
- Plotly graphs in IPython Notebook
- Matlab callbacks for Java events in R2014a
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (112)
- Handle graphics (52)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (135)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (266)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (96)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (38)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (126)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 day 9 hours ago): Thanks for the comment Sebastian. It is a logical extension of the ActiveX idea, but you are of course correct that it should be made explicit, since using a uitable is a better...
- sebastian (1 day 10 hours ago): FWIW: Another possibility is to use an uitable, with its first column displaying the checkboxes (with logical column format) and the second column showing the non-editable list...
- Hoi Wong (1 day 23 hours ago): Thanks. I’ll try to figure out how to retroactively put the plotted figures into an uipanel. I’m not too used to it other than laying out a GUI. That’s why I...
- Yair Altman (1 day 23 hours ago): Alternatively, use ScreenCapture’s ability to specify a pixel position vector (second input arg) and use the figure’s size to determine the position vector’s...
- Yair Altman (2 days 0 hours ago): Of course it’s possible, it’s just that ScreenCapture doesn’t currently have this feature and I have no plans to add it in the near future. You’ll need...
- Hoi Wong (2 days 0 hours ago): Thanks for the reply. I have simple figures done by subplot() and plot() commands, so just pointing at one axes handle won’t work. Can you point me to a easy way to...
- Yair Altman (2 days 0 hours ago): Best thing is to have a top-level panel. If you don’t have it, try pointing ScreenCapture at the axes handle, but it may perhaps not be accurate because of the...
- Hoi Wong (2 days 0 hours ago): Thanks. Just did that. For simple figures done by plot(), do they have a top level panel handle? All the child objects are of the type ‘axes’.
- Yair Altman (2 days 1 hour ago): @Hoi – thanks. Please remember to add your feedback/vote to the FEX page. You can run ScreenCapture on the figure’s top-level panel handle, assuming you have such a...
- Hoi Wong (2 days 1 hour ago): With ScreenCapture utility, is there a way to capture a figure without the borders and toolbar, title, etc? This tool is awesome and super useful since TMW never managed to do...
- cw (2 days 2 hours ago): This is pretty much one of the most useful posts I’ve encountered in a very long time. Thank you !
- Sergey Kucheryavskiy (2 days 12 hours ago): Yes, now I see it as well: — problems with Children in TabPanel and some others. Actually it was the TabPanel I decided to use the GUI layout, otherwise I feel quite...
- Yair Altman (2 days 12 hours ago): @Dennis – I’m glad I helped. I’m a little disappointed that MathWorks support asks customers to upgrade to a new release (possibly costing extra money and...
- Yair Altman (2 days 12 hours ago): @Sergey – the GUI layout toolbox is incompatible with HG2 in several places, not just the one that you found. MathWorks is aware of this and I expect that they will update...
- Dennis (2 days 12 hours ago): Dear Yair, Thank you for solving my problem: I was experiencing very low frequency line updates on a windows 7 system running R2012b (32bit) and also on R2014a (64bit). I had a...
Category Archives: Desktop34 relevant articles found:
Matlab Online is a MathWorks product that enables running Matlab applications via a full-fledged web interface.
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
Matlab’s fprintf command has an undocumented hack to display orange-colored text.
The Matlab Variables Editor can be accessed to provide immediate scrolling to a specified cell location.
JGit source-control integration package can easily be integrated in Matlab.
a bug exists in the profiler that prevents usage of its documented CPU timing functionality.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 4 of series.
An undocumented feature of the Matlab Profiler can report call history timeline – part 3 of series.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 2 of series.
A list of suggested config changes to the default Matlab installation is detailed.