- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (113)
- Handle graphics (54)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (269)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (98)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (39)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (129)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (15 hours 23 minutes ago): As an alternative, try to improve the performance of your scatter plot by either plotting a vector of 100+ points (as odd as it may sound, scatter-plotting 80 points is slower...
- Yair Altman (15 hours 29 minutes ago): @Matthew – is your 14b using hardware OpenGL? some HG2 performance issues are due to the fact that it uses more advanced OpenGL features than HG1, so what used to run at...
- Matthew Dzieciuch (15 hours 39 minutes ago): I would like to add my voice to the disappointment with HG2. Although it may be great from a programming perspective, it is significantly slower for me. Specifically, the...
- Yair Altman (2 days 13 hours ago): @Jan – Thanks for the mention of Tursa’s TYPECASTX. I am of course familiar with it (and mention it in my upcoming book). Tursa’s TYPECASTX is indeed better...
- Jan Simon (2 days 14 hours ago): James Tursa’s MEX implementation of TYPECASTX uses a shared data copy instead of a deep copy, which is much faster than the original Matlab version:...
- Yair Altman (2 days 19 hours ago): @IA – Probably because the figure window is not fully rendered when the jFrame code is reached. This is due to the fact that in R2014b, the figure function no longer...
- ImageAnalyst (3 days 18 hours ago): Here’s my code: % Enlarge figure to full screen. jFrame = get(handle(gcf),'JavaFrame'); set(gcf,'Resize','off'); try jFrame.fHG1Client.setMaximized (true); % HG1 catch...
- Ilya (3 days 21 hours ago): @Yair – thank you for keeping things updated, it really helps to keep the code running
- Yair Altman (4 days 4 hours ago): Thanks Oleg – fixed.
- Oleg Komarov (4 days 11 hours ago): After setting the secondary label to ‘millions’, you forgot to put: hAxes.YRuler.SecondaryLabel.Vi sible = 'on'
- Yair Altman (4 days 18 hours ago): @Ilya – I described this over a year ago, in my HG2 update article.
- Ilya (4 days 20 hours ago): ohh, the name has been changed to fHG2Client, why and when???? the following code should be used jMenuBar = jFrame.fHG2Client.getMenuBar;
- Ilya (4 days 20 hours ago): Hi Yair, the great code indeed, it worked perfectly fine, but in R2014b it does not work any more. hFig = figure; jFrame = get(handle(hFig),'JavaFrame'); % gives warning % Warning:...
- Ralf Hielscher (4 days 23 hours ago): Hi Yair, thanks for your comments. One thing that drives me around with HG2 is the fact that colorbar is not an axis anymore. As a consequence we can not do anymore h =...
- Brad Stiritz (5 days 8 hours ago): Hi Yair, thanks for the very informative HG2 series. >MATLAB HG2, on R2014b, relies on advanced OpenGL hardware features.. For convenient reference: it looks like OpenGL 3.0...
Category Archives: Desktop34 relevant articles found:
Matlab Online is a MathWorks product that enables running Matlab applications via a full-fledged web interface.
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
Matlab’s fprintf command has an undocumented hack to display orange-colored text.
The Matlab Variables Editor can be accessed to provide immediate scrolling to a specified cell location.
JGit source-control integration package can easily be integrated in Matlab.
a bug exists in the profiler that prevents usage of its documented CPU timing functionality.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 4 of series.
An undocumented feature of the Matlab Profiler can report call history timeline – part 3 of series.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 2 of series.
A list of suggested config changes to the default Matlab installation is detailed.