- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training, amazing value - additional info
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Frameless (undecorated) figure windows
- Transparent legend
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Simulink Data Dictionary
- Accessing hidden HG2 plot functionality
- Matlab compiler bug and workaround
- Unorthodox checkbox usage
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (36)
- Guest bloggers (47)
- GUI (120)
- Handle graphics (64)
- Hidden property (34)
- Icons (7)
- Java (139)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (291)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (114)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (145)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Richard de Garis (1 day 8 hours ago): Hi Yair, What is the issue (#21) with bold TeX axes labels / titles, in 2014b? I’m using 2014b, and I commented out the section that sets the FontWeight of texLabels to...
- Yair Altman (2 days 9 hours ago): Not directly, but you could try using the low-level HDF5 functions for this.
- CaptainObv (2 days 9 hours ago): Is it possible to save matfiles without creating the initial variable at the beginning? I am continually adding output data to my matfile block by block (I.e continually...
- Yair Altman (5 days 15 hours ago): MathWorks removed the UserData property (and some other generic properties such as ApplicationData) from Java components a few releases ago. In general, code that relies on...
- Amir (5 days 15 hours ago): Hello Yair, First your blog is really useful and helpful. I’m working on a GUI that contain a uitree, now I wanted to export that uitree to enable user to save it to an external...
- Ujjawal (7 days 11 hours ago): Hi, Nice post. Is there a way to press right control(Ctrl) key on windows using Robot or if there is some other solution to press right control key programatically? Best Regards
- Stephanie (8 days 4 hours ago): Hi Yair, Assigning the renderer object to all the table columns as follows: for j = 1 : length(cnames3) jTable.getColumnModel.getColum n(j-1).setCellRenderer(cr); end is making my...
- Stephanie (8 days 7 hours ago): You probably figured it out by now, but for future readers: I got this error when trying to display different uitables at the same position.
- Stephanie (8 days 7 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thank you, it’s working perfectly.
- Yair Altman (9 days 6 hours ago): You can use DefaultTableModel with dummy column headers (identifiers), and then remove the table header: jTable.setTableHeader();
- Stephanie (9 days 9 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thank you for posting this. Is there a way to replace Matlab’s table model with something more renderer-friendly without headers? My headers are included in the...
- Yair Altman (10 days 12 hours ago): cute
- Yaroslav (10 days 12 hours ago): There is another semi-documented feature of the view: you can link the View property across multiple axes. For example, figure('Units','normalized','O uterPosition',[.10 .10 .80...
- Alex (10 days 16 hours ago): A quick follow up on the issue mentioned above. Even though it’s a bit of a dirty fix—which kills some of the flexibility—it appears that blocking editing directly in...
- Yair Altman (12 days 19 hours ago): Read this related post: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/allocation-performance-ta ke-2
Category Archives: Desktop35 relevant articles found:
A couple of internal Matlab bugs and their workarounds.
Matlab Online is a MathWorks product that enables running Matlab applications via a full-fledged web interface.
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
Matlab’s fprintf command has an undocumented hack to display orange-colored text.
The Matlab Variables Editor can be accessed to provide immediate scrolling to a specified cell location.
JGit source-control integration package can easily be integrated in Matlab.
a bug exists in the profiler that prevents usage of its documented CPU timing functionality.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 4 of series.
An undocumented feature of the Matlab Profiler can report call history timeline – part 3 of series.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 2 of series.