- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (37)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (124)
- Handle graphics (67)
- Hidden property (35)
- Icons (7)
- Java (141)
- Listeners (19)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (299)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (116)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (150)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (13 hours 32 minutes ago): @Mariam – You probably updated your s data-struct incorrectly
- Mariam (13 hours 36 minutes ago): I already tried this and this the error I am getting >> save('C:\Users\Mariam\Desktop\ fitted response\atlas masks\IPS_1.fig','s','-mat') >> open('C:\Users\Mariam\Desktop\ fitted...
- mugurg (16 hours 40 minutes ago): If you want to use LaTeX interpreter of MATLAB, create .eps figures, and get the desired font (like Helvetica) instead of Computer Modern fonts, I think I’ve finally found a...
- Yair Altman (17 hours 47 minutes ago): @Mariam – you can simply use the save command to save your modified d struct back into the *.fig file, and then open this FIG file normally: save('testFig.fig','d','-ma...
- Mariam (19 hours 41 minutes ago): Hi, I have used above following command to load the attributes of figures d = load('testFig.fig','-mat') and then changed those attributes. I want to know how could I apply new...
- Yaroslav (19 hours 55 minutes ago): So far, a smart solution is elusive; you can inspect Yair’s previous comment for a detailed analysis. In the meanwhile, you can try the old-school simple approach: N = 15;...
- nasan (1 day 5 hours ago): Hi Yair, I’ve seen the demo but when I adapt it into my gui code gcbf is not recognize. How can I resolve it ? Can you give me a simply implementation in gui
- Michael Cappello (3 days 11 hours ago): Yair (or anyone), I have an application where I need to color the bars individually, and have tried to figure out how to get the handles of the underlying patches or...
- Sathish (3 days 11 hours ago): Sorry to bother before reading the above comments properly. Just adding h = handle(evt,'CallbackProperties '); worked like a charm >> h = handle(evt,'CallbackProperties '); >>...
- Sathish (3 days 12 hours ago): Hi, Thanks for the life saving tutorial. I tried to follow the steps mentioned above but when i say evt.get am getting below response. evt.get Class: [1x1 java.lang.Class] set(evt)...
- Todrak (4 days 1 hour ago): Thanks to both of you, Oliver and Yair for this interesting post. Yair, I am glad to know that you will maintain this helpful tool! The rest of your blog is also really...
- Yaroslav (4 days 13 hours ago): Hi @Yair, The solution you proposed with linkprop has a small issue: it does not restore the linking after saving and reloading. On the other hand, linkaxes recovers its linking...
- Yair Altman (4 days 18 hours ago): To store a Matlab class object in a Java collection, you would need to first serialize the object into a byte array that can then be stored in the Java collection object (and...
- Yola (4 days 18 hours ago): Can you please write something on how i can use java collections with user-defined types. How i can provide comparator for my type. Thanks!
- Vidya (5 days 11 hours ago): @Yair – Yes, you are correct. Just figured out how.
Category Archives: Desktop35 relevant articles found:
A couple of internal Matlab bugs and their workarounds.
Matlab Online is a MathWorks product that enables running Matlab applications via a full-fledged web interface.
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
Matlab’s fprintf command has an undocumented hack to display orange-colored text.
The Matlab Variables Editor can be accessed to provide immediate scrolling to a specified cell location.
JGit source-control integration package can easily be integrated in Matlab.
a bug exists in the profiler that prevents usage of its documented CPU timing functionality.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 4 of series.
An undocumented feature of the Matlab Profiler can report call history timeline – part 3 of series.
Several undocumented features of the Matlab Profiler can make it much more useful – part 2 of series.