- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Icon images & text in Matlab uicontrols
- Aligning uicontrol contents
- Customizing uifigures part 2
- Zero-testing performance
- AppDesigner’s mlapp file format
- Customizing axes part 5 – origin crossover and labels
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Listbox selection hacks
- A few parfor tips
- Handling red Java console errors
- MEX ctrl-c interrupt
- Figure window customizations
- rmfield performance
- Viewing saved profiling results
- Transparent labels
- Desktop (39)
- Figure window (44)
- Guest bloggers (56)
- GUI (141)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (155)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (338)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (124)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (47)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (177)
- Undocumented function (33)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (2 days 0 hours ago): Sliders in figure-based (not web-based) UI are Java objects whose parent is a dedicated Matlab container that is automatically created when you use the javacomponent function....
- Xiaoyang Liu (2 days 0 hours ago): Hi, I was wondering how to set the slider as a child of the MATLAB figure. This will allow the figure WindowKeyPressFcn work while the slider has the focus. Apparently I cannot...
- Yair Altman (2 days 3 hours ago): Thanks for the update, Christoph
- Yishai E (2 days 7 hours ago): Hi Yair, I’m trying to access some hidden properties (Matlab 2015b, Win7), the following code gives me an empty jTabGroup: % Prepare a tab-group consisting of two tabs...
- Christoph Feenders (2 days 8 hours ago): update: the issue is fixed in R2016b. The position of flags in h.BrushData now corresponds to data-points in h.XData and h.YData (irrespective of data-point visibility...
- Yair Altman (5 days 12 hours ago): @Sebastian – I agree that this is confusing. I am not aware of a way to avoid this.
- Sebastian (5 days 12 hours ago): I’m not sure if this is a common problem. But some of our clients (including me as well) are confused about the behavior of the figure toolbars when docked. In later...
- Yair Altman (5 days 13 hours ago): JMI is just a connector from Java to Matlab, it is not the Matlab engine. You still need the Matlab engine in order to do any Matlab processing with JMI. Note that in R2016b,...
- Anonymous (5 days 14 hours ago): If jmi is used,do we require Matlab then? And do all functionalities available inside Matlab can be accessed using jmi?
- Yair Altman (6 days 3 hours ago): @Amaury – this seems to be something specific to the MongoClient class. You should probably ask about this in the MongoDB forums.
- Yair Altman (6 days 3 hours ago): @Royi – setBounds is not a field but a method (that accepts either a java.awt.Rectangle object or 4 int values as input parameter(s)). As far as I can tell, it still...
- Yair Altman (6 days 4 hours ago): @Stijn – try adding pause(0.5) after the drawnow. If it works then you can play with the pause duration to find the minimal duration value that works well on your specific...
- Stijn Helsen (6 days 14 hours ago): I wanted to use the maximize function to get the size of the screen on which a figure is shown (using multiple screens). And “manually” (step by step) this works,...
- Leo (7 days 5 hours ago): Hi, Yair I have a question, its possible add multiple subtask in gantt chart?
- Amaury Vanvinckenroye (7 days 9 hours ago): Hi, I’m using some Java classes in a Matlab code and it seems that a specific java class is not loaded, but only at the first run (i.e. at the start of Matlab)....
Tag Archives: GUI120 relevant articles found:
HTML can be used to add image icons to Matlab listbox and popup (drop-down) controls.
Matlab uicontrols can often be customized using plain HTML/CSS, without need for advanced Java.
MLAPP files created by AppDesigner can be inspected and manipulated outside AppDesigner.
Matlab’s new web-based uifigures can be customized in a variety of undocumented ways.
Matlab figure windows can be customized in numerous manners using the underlying Java Frame reference.
Matlab labels can be set to a transparent background as well as padding.
Matlab listbox and multi-line editbox scrollbars can easily be made smarter, for improved appearance.
the ubiquitous findjobj utility has been significantly improved for speed for the most common use case.
An interactive search-box can easily be added to a Matlab figure toolbar for enhanced user experience.
A new File Exchange utility enables to easily design GUI tabs using Matlab’s GUIDE