- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Matlab GUI training seminars – Zurich, 29-30 August 2017
- Sending HTML emails from Matlab
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Parsing XML strings
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Checking status of warning messages in MEX
- Password & spinner controls in Matlab GUI
- Sending email/text messages from Matlab
- Afterthoughts on implicit expansion
- Desktop (41)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (40)
- Icons (7)
- Java (162)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (353)
- Public presentation (5)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (131)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (187)
- Undocumented function (36)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Mario Koddenbrock (1 day 20 hours ago): Thanks for your fast reply @Yair. I’m really just trying to copy an object inside my workspace. There is no file IO involved…
- Yair Altman (1 day 21 hours ago): @Mario – I suspect that you are trying to move data between different computer types and/or different Matlab releases, and this is apparently not supported.
- Mario Koddenbrock (1 day 21 hours ago): Hi Yair, from time to time I get the following error: "Error using getArrayFromByteStream Unable to read data stream because the data contains a bad version or endian-key"...
- Yair Altman (4 days 20 hours ago): @Muhammad – you can use this feature to send text messages as long as your phone operator supports an email-to-text feature. You need to contact your operator to find out...
- Muhammad Abdurrehman (4 days 20 hours ago): Could this function (Sending Text Messages) useful outside USA? Secondly Is there any possibility available to communicate with WhatsApp via Matlab Thanks
- Yair Altman (5 days 13 hours ago): @Eric – you can integrate a com.jidesoft.combobox.MultiSel ectListComboBox or MultilineStringComboBox. If you need consulting assistance, contact me by email.
- Yair Altman (5 days 13 hours ago): @Les – HTML formatting is more CPU and memory-intensive, while being less powerful, than using Cell Renderers (details). Also, whenever you update an HTML-formatted cell,...
- Les Beckham (6 days 3 hours ago): Interesting post, as always. I’m curious why you state that “HTML formatting is generally frowned-upon compared to the alternatives”. By whom? And why? Perhaps...
- Eric (6 days 13 hours ago): I created a plotter using three popup menus: one for X-variable, one for Y, and one for a figure name. When a figure name (number) is selected, its callback function grabs strings from...
- William Smith (9 days 23 hours ago): If you have heterogenous workloads, i.e. some of the parfor tasks are quick and some are slow, and they are clustered together, e.g. the slow ones are at the start, try...
- Mayank (12 days 17 hours ago): create an int array for all the KeyEvent.Vk_1 to ..last then use the for loop to iterate over the same.
- Sue Ann Koay (14 days 5 hours ago): Having only recently installed Matlab 2017a, I almost immediately “discovered” this feature and am compelled to say that implicit expansion gives me the creeps. As...
- Sky Sartorius (22 days 5 hours ago): I have been encountering some interesting behavior in 2017b. Signatures that were working in 2017a now do not, though the error message does look like it is trying to be...
- Sneha (22 days 19 hours ago): Hi Yair, Apologies for my late reply. I did not attach the code previously sorry for that The below is the code written jf = get(hObject,’JavaFrame 8217;); jmb =...
- Lex (22 days 23 hours ago): Thank you, Yair! I use Matlab 2017a and make menu for Java class ‘java.lang.Object’ . But this menu item appears only for this class and don’t take inheritance into...
Search Results for: gui189 relevant articles found:
…ssible to add uicontextmenus to uitree.
Your post saved my time.
Thanks a lot Scott Koch If you have access to the figure handle (stored as User Data for instance) you could also use the click event coordinates to display a GUIDE created context menu:
fh = get(hTree,'UserData');%Get figure handle
cm = findobj(fh,'tag','mycontextmenu');%Get context menu handle.
tpos = get(hTree,'Pixel... Continue reading
I last week’s post, Setting status-bar text, I showed how to set the status-bar text in Matlab figures and the main desktop. But Matlab status-bars are Java containers in which we can add GUI controls, not just simple text labels. In this post I will show how to do this for Matlab 7 figures. Let’s return to the two alternatives I’ve presented in my previous post for setting a Matlab 7 figure status-bar text: % Alternative #1 (… Continue reading
Three years ago, I wrote an article about modifying Matlab’s look-and-feel (L&F, or LnF), using Java’s built-in support for replaceable LnFs. To date, that article has 27 comments by 13 different commenters (plus 20 responses by me), making it the second most active article on this website. I decided to follow up on that article with a demo that shows the effects that different L&Fs have on GUI controls, and a demonstration… Continue reading
…javax.swing.text.html.HTMLEditorKit); % alternative: jEditbox.setContentType(‘text/html’); htmlStr = ['<b><div style="font-family:impact;color:green">’… ‘Matlab</div></b> GUI is <i>’ … ‘<font color="red">highly</font></i> customizable’]; jEditbox.setText(htmlStr) HTML contents in a Matlab editbox Let’s show another usage exampl… Continue reading
One of my consulting clients approached me yesterday with a mystery: In his GUIDE-generated GUI, one of the buttons had a bluish tint, and no obvious property seemed to control this or to differentiate it from its sibling controls. Here’s a parred-down version of his GUI: Highlighted GUI button So while it was very nice to have a highlighted button in this manner, the fact that he did not know why it happened and how to control it was a bi… Continue reading
Last week, I explained how a browser control can be integrated in Matlab GUI applications. Sometimes we only need to display simple HTML, for which a full browser seems like overkill. Moreover, we may wish to edit the displayed contents, which cannot be done using the browser control. The solution is to use a standard Java Swing JEditorPane control, which is an editable HTML-aware control. Oddly enough, it was only yesterday that Mikhail, a know… Continue reading
When presenting information visually in graphical user interfaces (GUIs), we often need to present and enable interaction with state data (such as On/Off). In most cases, we would naturally use a checkbox to present the information and enable interaction. But What can we do if the data has three possible states. For example, Yes/No/Maybe, or: Full/Empty/Partial, or: Up/Down/Undetermined ? Until today, Matlab GUIs had to resort to using drop-down… Continue reading
…underlying problem description is easy: we wish to have the ability to split a Matlab uipanel into two or more sub-panels, separated by a draggable horizontal/vertical divider. Such split-panes are standard in any semi-decent GUI, but for some reason were never incorporated in official Matlab. This is a real pity, but not to worry as there are at least two alternatives we could use: UISplitPane UISplitPane is a utility that I wrote back in 2009 t… Continue reading
…yboard shortcuts/accelerators, font colors/styles, callbacks, icons etc. (details1, details2) Control figure docking in compiled (deployed) applications (details1, details2) Display an integral figure status-bar with text and GUI controls (details1, details2). A few other features that I will not discuss here As you can see, there are numerous very interesting customizations that can be done to Matlab figures which rely on the undocumented imple… Continue reading
…oints’ FontSize: 10 Matlab’s uisetfont dialog The main drawback of uisetfont is the fact that it displays a separate non-resizable modal dialog window. We cannot embed uisetfont within our own panel, integrated in our GUI figure. DesktopFontPicker DesktopFontPicker is a Swing component that presents a font selection panel that can easily be inserted into any Matlab GUI container (figure, panel or tab) using the javacomponent function: fo… Continue reading