- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Solving an mput (FTP) hang problem
- Accessing internal Java class members
- Static Java classpath hacks
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (37)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (124)
- Handle graphics (67)
- Hidden property (35)
- Icons (7)
- Java (144)
- Listeners (19)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (302)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (117)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (153)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 day 3 hours ago): @Mathieu – try to run findjobj after your figure is made visible if you wish to avoid the flicker
- Mathieu G (1 day 6 hours ago): Hello! Thanks for your post. It is very helpful! I don’t know the java language but I try to modify a button of my GUI (using GUIDE) to a borderless button. So I tried to...
- Ange Kouemo (2 days 6 hours ago): Hi Yair, I am using Matlab 2014b and created a Uitable that I want to display in a Jpanel. I tried to get the underlying Java object handle of the uitable using the functions...
- michael r (2 days 9 hours ago): Hi If I using DefaultCheckBoxNode to create CheckBoxTree and I want to change the icon of the leaf and still having the checkbox on it. How do I do it ?
- Dave Brown (5 days 3 hours ago): I ran into a problem from using java 7 that took a while to discover so I thought I’d share it. Hopefully it helps those with the same problem in the future. jScrollbar =...
- jinu (7 days 9 hours ago): nice writeup! about a year ago i moved to python/cython because of how slow matlab gui’s were with large datasets. i wish i had known some of your tricks back then. will...
- Yair Altman (8 days 13 hours ago): @Paul & @Yvon – in HG2 (R2014b onward), you can simply set the Focus events (FocusGained, FocusLost etc.) on the direct child of the AxisComponent, as follows:...
- Yvon Halbwachs (8 days 14 hours ago): Paul, I’m facing the same problem as you have in R2014b. By any chance, did you find any solution to this? Yvon
- Nimrod Geffen (9 days 10 hours ago): Shalom Yair! I have a GUI that I would like to have the interactive option of deleting scatter points with Brush function. My code is: h = brush; set(h, 'Enable', 'on',...
- Yair Altman (9 days 10 hours ago): Because of the EDT. Also read this: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/solving-a-matlab-hang-pro blem
- Fred Vanner (9 days 10 hours ago): Thanks! That works like a dream! (Why?)
- Yair Altman (9 days 11 hours ago): I suggest that you add a call to drawnow; pause(0.1); after the grid creation and before requesting XGridHandle: x=linspace(-1,1); fx=x.^3; pfx=plot(x,fx); grid on; ax=gca;...
- Fred Vanner (9 days 12 hours ago): I’m having problems with XGridHandle (etc.) in scripts / functions (I’ve had no problems from the command line). Example: x=linspace(-1,1); fx=x.^3; pfx=plot(x,fx);...
- C. Chu (10 days 0 hours ago): I think I found a bug in propertiesGUI. If you have multiple field names that exist in different structs, all of those property fields are set to the same type as the last field....
- Adam (10 days 0 hours ago): Keeps showing Java exception errors in the Command Window. I have added some null checks into the editboxValidation function but couldn’t stop the error messages being displayed....
Search Results for: gui215 relevant articles found:
…ccur within the specified number (e.g., fast double-clicks) will be considered by the component as only a single click. The default value of 0 means that all clicks will be processed separately, which is often undesirable in GUI applications. Remember that the value is in milliseconds, not seconds. FlyOverAppearance – boolean flag (default=false); if set, the button appearance is changed to a flat (2D) appearance with a special 3D border… Continue reading
…for example to create graphical insets. Multi-layered graphs, with each layer having independent axes. Figure 2: A multi-layered graph. Each plot has its own graph layer with independent axes. Built-in mouse interactivity and GUIs for interactive plot editing. Figure 3: A plot editor for a single-layered graph. Java programmers might note here the use of a few custom-designed Swing widgets: a dial that subclasses JSlider and supports multiple-tur… Continue reading
I would like to welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Kesh has posted several interesting utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, including the award-winning Enhanced Input Dialog Box. Today, Kesh will describe how we can automate GUI actions programmatically. Automating GUI actions, including controlling a mouse and keyboard programmatically, is often useful. This can be used, for example, to demonstrate GUI usage or to perform a recorded… Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, a reader of this website requested an article about color-selection components. So Ed – this one’s for you Matlab includes a fully-documented uisetcolor function to enable color selection. uisetcolor uses a modal dialog window for this. To integrate this color-selection dialog in our GUI, simply add a uicontrol button or a menu item that call uisetcolor in their callback function. An example of such an integr… Continue reading
Once again, I welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Last week, Kesh described how Java’s Robot class can be used to automate Matlab GUI. Today, Kesh will describe two Matlab utilities that help this automation process. jMouseEmu and inputEmu are both available on the Matlab File Exchange. There is a large overlap between these utilities. As their name suggests, jMouseEmu is geared to control the mouse, while inputEmu emulates both mo… Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why Matlab does not have standard GUI date-handling components? Matlab has many built-in date-handling functions (calendar, date, datestr, datenum, datetick, datevec etc.). Unfortunately, this built-in support does not extend to Matlab GUI. If we need a date-selection drop-down or calendar panel we have to design it ourselves, or use a third-party Java component or ActiveX control. JIDE Components Luckily, we have a much… Continue reading
Matlab includes a wide variety of internal widgets (GUI components) that could be very useful in our GUIs. One such widget is an animated spinning icon, which is often used by Matlab itself and numerous toolboxes to illustrate a running task: Sample usage of an animated spinning icon One of the internal widgets that are readily-available for use in our Matlab GUI and displays a similar (but not identical) spinning icon is BusyAffordance, which i… Continue reading
Advanced Matlab training courses/seminars will be held in London, March 10-14, 2014. Two separate courses will be held: Advanced Matlab Programming – 2 days (March 10-11), including best practices, preparing professional reports, writing professional code and performance tuning. US$1199 Advanced Matlab Visualization & GUI – 3 days (March 12-14), including advanced visualization and GUI techniques. US$1799 Enroll to both courses… Continue reading
uitable is probably the most complex basic GUI controls available in Matlab. It displays data in a table within a figure, with settable properties as with any other Matlab Handle-Graphics (HG) control. After many years in which the uitable was available but semi-documented and not officially supported in Matlab, it finally became fully documented and supported in R2008a (aka Matlab 7.6). At that time its internal implementation has changed from… Continue reading