- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- New book: Accelerating MATLAB Performance
- Transparency in uicontrols
- Another couple of Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Plot markers transparency and color gradient
- Plot line transparency and color gradient
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (35)
- Guest bloggers (44)
- GUI (115)
- Handle graphics (58)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (13)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (276)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (104)
- Toolbox (3)
- UI controls (39)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (135)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Robin Lundberg (1 day 7 hours ago): Trying this in matlab 2014b still opens the gui (sometimes). When you load a gui you get >>figData = load('guiPostProcessing.fig', '-mat') figData = hgS_070000: [1x1 struct]...
- Yair Altman (1 day 10 hours ago): By using findjobj and the table’s setValueAt() method. The specifics depend on your Matlab release. Read my uitable customization report or section 4.1 in my Matlab-Java...
- Peter Borda (1 day 10 hours ago): “By updating the cell at the Java level rather than updating the uitable’s Data property” How do you do that?
- David (2 days 20 hours ago): Hi Yair, I just sent a previous message about merging cells in a uitable, but I finally figured it out thanks to your book. What I am still having trouble with is removing the headers...
- David (2 days 21 hours ago): Hi Yair, thank you for all the usefull information you have provided over the years. I have been playing around with making nice tables, and I am very interested in merging cells to...
- Ed Yu (3 days 2 hours ago): Hi all, I’ve recently came across a MATLAB bug that completely blew my mind (for over a year)… Imagine you have an MCR application that executes for the first time, fails...
- Yair Altman (3 days 15 hours ago): @Peto – this is not the right forum for such questions. Try the Answers forum.
- Peto (3 days 18 hours ago): Can you help me!!! I want use “tic/toc” or “etime clock” for this code but I don’t know how I make exactly. [very long code snip...] I will appreciate if...
- Martin (6 days 12 hours ago): Very good and insightful comments here. Personally, I feel that nowadays the most sensible text encoding is UTF-8 and I wish it would become the default in MATLAB sooner rather than...
- Amro (6 days 14 hours ago): @SteveEddins: Thanks for the response Steve. I took another shot at the problem, and I’ve managed to work with code points outside the BMP plane this time (i.e U+010000 to...
- Yair Altman (7 days 0 hours ago): @Amro – where have you been all these years?! – this would have deserved a dedicated post… Anything else you’re keeping up your sleeve?
- Steve Eddins (7 days 3 hours ago): MATLAB uses UTF-16 internally for character representation. Some parts of MATLAB don’t know yet what to do with code points about 65535.
- Amro (7 days 13 hours ago): @Yair: you can also make it work in R2014a and earlier, you just have to change the default character set (undocumented of course!): % works in R2014a feature('DefaultCharacterSe...
- Yair Altman (7 days 13 hours ago): @Amro – you’re right, my bad: I was working on 14a this morning, where uicontrols indeed do not display the non-Latin text without the Java hack. It works correctly...
- Amro (7 days 13 hours ago): @Yair: Are you sure about UICONTROL? I’ve tried it again in R2014b, and the control displays Hebrew text correctly without any hacks. I’m running Windows 8.1 if that makes...
Search Results for: gui200 relevant articles found:
A couple of weeks ago, a reader of this website requested an article about color-selection components. So Ed – this one’s for you Matlab includes a fully-documented uisetcolor function to enable color selection. uisetcolor uses a modal dialog window for this. To integrate this color-selection dialog in our GUI, simply add a uicontrol button or a menu item that call uisetcolor in their callback function. An example of such an integr… Continue reading
I would like to welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Kesh has posted several interesting utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, including the award-winning Enhanced Input Dialog Box. Today, Kesh will describe how we can automate GUI actions programmatically. Automating GUI actions, including controlling a mouse and keyboard programmatically, is often useful. This can be used, for example, to demonstrate GUI usage or to perform a recorded… Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why Matlab does not have standard GUI date-handling components? Matlab has many built-in date-handling functions (calendar, date, datestr, datenum, datetick, datevec etc.). Unfortunately, this built-in support does not extend to Matlab GUI. If we need a date-selection drop-down or calendar panel we have to design it ourselves, or use a third-party Java component or ActiveX control. JIDE Components Luckily, we have a much… Continue reading
Advanced Matlab training courses/seminars will be held in London, March 10-14, 2014. Two separate courses will be held: Advanced Matlab Programming – 2 days (March 10-11), including best practices, preparing professional reports, writing professional code and performance tuning. US$1199 Advanced Matlab Visualization & GUI – 3 days (March 12-14), including advanced visualization and GUI techniques. US$1799 Enroll to both courses… Continue reading
uitable is probably the most complex basic GUI controls available in Matlab. It displays data in a table within a figure, with settable properties as with any other Matlab Handle-Graphics (HG) control. After many years in which the uitable was available but semi-documented and not officially supported in Matlab, it finally became fully documented and supported in R2008a (aka Matlab 7.6). At that time its internal implementation has changed from… Continue reading
Matlab includes a wide variety of internal widgets (GUI components) that could be very useful in our GUIs. One such widget is an animated spinning icon, which is often used by Matlab itself and numerous toolboxes to illustrate a running task: Sample usage of an animated spinning icon One of the internal widgets that are readily-available for use in our Matlab GUI and displays a similar (but not identical) spinning icon is BusyAffordance, which i… Continue reading
…either directly or because its container was resized. ComponentShownCallback – fired when the component is displayed (setVisible(true)). Compare: ComponentHiddenCallback FocusGainedCallback – fired when the component gains GUI focus, by mouse click, Tab click, or calling the component’s requestFocus() method. FocusLostCallback – fired when the component loses focus to another component or window. Compare: FocusGainedCallback Hierarchy… Continue reading
…ssible to add uicontextmenus to uitree.
Your post saved my time.
Thanks a lot Scott Koch If you have access to the figure handle (stored as User Data for instance) you could also use the click event coordinates to display a GUIDE created context menu:
fh = get(hTree,'UserData');%Get figure handle
cm = findobj(fh,'tag','mycontextmenu');%Get context menu handle.
tpos = get(hTree,'Pixel... Continue reading
When designing Matlab applications, we can either use Matlab’s designer (guide), or manually position each GUI component programmatically, using its Position property. Matlab lacks the layout managers so common in Java, that enable easy relative component positioning, taking into account dynamic container size, components spacing weights etc. Of course, we can always trap the container’s ResizeFcn callback to update our layout, but d… Continue reading