- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training, amazing value - additional info
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Frameless (undecorated) figure windows
- Transparent legend
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Simulink Data Dictionary
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (36)
- Guest bloggers (47)
- GUI (122)
- Handle graphics (66)
- Hidden property (34)
- Icons (7)
- Java (140)
- Listeners (18)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (295)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (115)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (148)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (7 hours 45 minutes ago): @Brittney – the 3rd (optional) input parameter of the javacomponent function is the parent container handle. It can be the figure handle (default value: current figure or...
- Brittney Marimow (8 hours 7 minutes ago): Thank you for the GREAT post. One question, is there a way to place this spinner within a “Parent” box. I am working on a GUI that has 5 different boxes on a...
- Yair Altman (1 day 5 hours ago): @Vidya – the *CallbackData properties are automatically populated by Matlab whenever the corresponding *Callback is called, and then this callback-data is passed on to the...
- Karai (3 days 12 hours ago): Hi Yair, Is it possible to download Java source code for ExampleWindow? I would be very grateful if you could send me a link. Kind regards
- Vidya (4 days 6 hours ago): Hello Yair, I started using the Java sliders in Matlab yesterday and they work great (thanks for the texbook as well as the tutorials)! I do not have much experience with Java though,...
- Yair Altman (6 days 11 hours ago): You need to set the callbacks to update the text dynamically, of course. If you’d like me to help you debug your specific issue, contact me by email for a short consulting.
- Yair Altman (6 days 11 hours ago): http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/javacomponent#comment-802 47
- Christina (6 days 11 hours ago): How do you change the tick labels? I’m trying to use the JSlider for a time range and so I want the labels to be datestr(x,13) output of the times. Can’t seem to...
- CH (6 days 13 hours ago): If I use the following line set(handles.status,'String',cw Text); in the status box of my GUI, it does not show the updated outputs dynamically. I could see only first several lines...
- Yair Altman (6 days 14 hours ago): @CH – What exactly are you trying to set hh to?! what’s wrong with setting your status box directly to cwText?
- CH (6 days 14 hours ago): Hi Yair, I have read your posting and answer for the command window output catching. I tried to use your method to send the command window outputs to the my own GUI. However, it...
- Fredrik (9 days 13 hours ago): Thanks, will try. Fredrik
- Yair Altman (9 days 14 hours ago): @Fredrik – you are using an old version of export_fig. Download and install the latest version.
- Fredrik (9 days 15 hours ago): Hi, I had great hopes to create a PDF file out of my uipanel using export_fig but when I pass the panel handle like this export_fig('myFileName.pdf','- pdf',myUIpanelHandle) I get...
- Cristiano (12 days 2 hours ago): Hello, Yair. The methods you mention is useful，however，when I zoomed the window I found the Icon was overlapped by the String. Finally，If I let a dialog or form have a FIXED...
Search Results for: gui212 relevant articles found:
…nity to explain the problem and the workaround, before my senility takes over and I forget again… The symptom – Matlab hangs The symptom is easily detectable: you’re happily working on your favorite Matlab GUI application, when suddenly some modal dialog window appears – perhaps a msgbox, a questdlg or an inputdlg. After clicking the <OK> button, Matlab seems to freeze, and any attempt to close the window or to sto… Continue reading
…for example to create graphical insets. Multi-layered graphs, with each layer having independent axes. Figure 2: A multi-layered graph. Each plot has its own graph layer with independent axes. Built-in mouse interactivity and GUIs for interactive plot editing. Figure 3: A plot editor for a single-layered graph. Java programmers might note here the use of a few custom-designed Swing widgets: a dial that subclasses JSlider and supports multiple-tur… Continue reading
I would like to welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Kesh has posted several interesting utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, including the award-winning Enhanced Input Dialog Box. Today, Kesh will describe how we can automate GUI actions programmatically. Automating GUI actions, including controlling a mouse and keyboard programmatically, is often useful. This can be used, for example, to demonstrate GUI usage or to perform a recorded… Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, a reader of this website requested an article about color-selection components. So Ed – this one’s for you Matlab includes a fully-documented uisetcolor function to enable color selection. uisetcolor uses a modal dialog window for this. To integrate this color-selection dialog in our GUI, simply add a uicontrol button or a menu item that call uisetcolor in their callback function. An example of such an integr… Continue reading
Once again, I welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Last week, Kesh described how Java’s Robot class can be used to automate Matlab GUI. Today, Kesh will describe two Matlab utilities that help this automation process. jMouseEmu and inputEmu are both available on the Matlab File Exchange. There is a large overlap between these utilities. As their name suggests, jMouseEmu is geared to control the mouse, while inputEmu emulates both mo… Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why Matlab does not have standard GUI date-handling components? Matlab has many built-in date-handling functions (calendar, date, datestr, datenum, datetick, datevec etc.). Unfortunately, this built-in support does not extend to Matlab GUI. If we need a date-selection drop-down or calendar panel we have to design it ourselves, or use a third-party Java component or ActiveX control. JIDE Components Luckily, we have a much… Continue reading
Advanced Matlab training courses/seminars will be held in London, March 10-14, 2014. Two separate courses will be held: Advanced Matlab Programming – 2 days (March 10-11), including best practices, preparing professional reports, writing professional code and performance tuning. US$1199 Advanced Matlab Visualization & GUI – 3 days (March 12-14), including advanced visualization and GUI techniques. US$1799 Enroll to both courses… Continue reading
Matlab includes a wide variety of internal widgets (GUI components) that could be very useful in our GUIs. One such widget is an animated spinning icon, which is often used by Matlab itself and numerous toolboxes to illustrate a running task: Sample usage of an animated spinning icon One of the internal widgets that are readily-available for use in our Matlab GUI and displays a similar (but not identical) spinning icon is BusyAffordance, which i… Continue reading
uitable is probably the most complex basic GUI controls available in Matlab. It displays data in a table within a figure, with settable properties as with any other Matlab Handle-Graphics (HG) control. After many years in which the uitable was available but semi-documented and not officially supported in Matlab, it finally became fully documented and supported in R2008a (aka Matlab 7.6). At that time its internal implementation has changed from… Continue reading