- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Another couple of Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Plot markers transparency and color gradient
- Plot line transparency and color gradient
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (35)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (113)
- Handle graphics (58)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (274)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (103)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (39)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (134)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Alessandro (2 hours 31 minutes ago): Thank you very much. I really enjoyed this topic!
- Dan (4 hours 31 minutes ago): Yair, As always, thank you for your posts. I heartily agree with you about the frustrations with TMW’s bug list. I find it especially obnoxious that a whole slew of new bugs...
- Christian Beuschel (6 hours 51 minutes ago): I guess that my manipulation of the rowHeader by attaching a textarea, destroys everything. Before manipulation my object has Wrapping off. After manipulation there is...
- Christian Beuschel (7 hours 59 minutes ago): Hello, unfortunately it’s not true. I just tried by opening my programm directly with smaller figure width. I did not resize it after. The text is immediately...
- Yair Altman (13 hours 44 minutes ago): @Christian – when you resize a component, Matlab resets its internal Java properties, so your Java customizations are forgotten and need to be re-applied. Specifically,...
- Christian Beuschel (15 hours 59 minutes ago): Here a screenshot to show my problem a little better. I am attaching a small textarea to the jHandle of the editfield to see the number of lines. but when i resize the...
- Michael (1 day 6 hours ago): As far as I can tell, changing the EdgeColorBinding (or FaceColorBinding) from ‘object’ to ‘interpolated’ or ‘discrete’ is problematic. Entering...
- Christian Beuschel (1 day 9 hours ago): Dear Mr. Altman, i got a problem with the setWrapping Function. It does not work. My Versions are: MATLAB Version: 188.8.131.521 (R2013b) Java Version: Java 1.7.0_11-b21 When...
- Yair Altman (2 days 12 hours ago): h = area(magic(4)); % 1x4 area object set([h.Face], 'ColorType', 'truecoloralpha') h(2).Face.ColorData(4) = 90; % =90/255=35% opaque =65% transparent
- Grunde (2 days 12 hours ago): The area object doesn’t have any children. And the area object itself doesn’t have a FaceAlpha property. At least in 2014b.
- Yair Altman (2 days 13 hours ago): @Grunde – Yes this is possible, but I don’t think you need to use any undocumented features for this. Assuming you used the builtin area function to generate the...
- Grunde (2 days 14 hours ago): Is it possible to make the area plots transparent? Or do I have to use the patch command?
- Yair Altman (5 days 12 hours ago): @Christopher – this is because the flat header is used by the new (R2008a+) uitable, whereas the gradient-colored header is used by the “old” uitable...
- Yair Altman (5 days 12 hours ago): A lot of things broke in R2014b due to the replacement of the graphics engine in this release (HG2). There’s probably a new way to do the same functionality in HG2, but I...
- HongKee Yoon (5 days 22 hours ago): @ 2014b this dose not works. Is there any solution to this??
Search Results for: gui196 relevant articles found:
A couple of weeks ago, a reader of this website requested an article about color-selection components. So Ed – this one’s for you Matlab includes a fully-documented uisetcolor function to enable color selection. uisetcolor uses a modal dialog window for this. To integrate this color-selection dialog in our GUI, simply add a uicontrol button or a menu item that call uisetcolor in their callback function. An example of such an integr… Continue reading
I would like to welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Kesh has posted several interesting utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, including the award-winning Enhanced Input Dialog Box. Today, Kesh will describe how we can automate GUI actions programmatically. Automating GUI actions, including controlling a mouse and keyboard programmatically, is often useful. This can be used, for example, to demonstrate GUI usage or to perform a recorded… Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why Matlab does not have standard GUI date-handling components? Matlab has many built-in date-handling functions (calendar, date, datestr, datenum, datetick, datevec etc.). Unfortunately, this built-in support does not extend to Matlab GUI. If we need a date-selection drop-down or calendar panel we have to design it ourselves, or use a third-party Java component or ActiveX control. JIDE Components Luckily, we have a much… Continue reading
Advanced Matlab training courses/seminars will be held in London, March 10-14, 2014. Two separate courses will be held: Advanced Matlab Programming – 2 days (March 10-11), including best practices, preparing professional reports, writing professional code and performance tuning. US$1199 Advanced Matlab Visualization & GUI – 3 days (March 12-14), including advanced visualization and GUI techniques. US$1799 Enroll to both courses… Continue reading
uitable is probably the most complex basic GUI controls available in Matlab. It displays data in a table within a figure, with settable properties as with any other Matlab Handle-Graphics (HG) control. After many years in which the uitable was available but semi-documented and not officially supported in Matlab, it finally became fully documented and supported in R2008a (aka Matlab 7.6). At that time its internal implementation has changed from… Continue reading
Matlab includes a wide variety of internal widgets (GUI components) that could be very useful in our GUIs. One such widget is an animated spinning icon, which is often used by Matlab itself and numerous toolboxes to illustrate a running task: Sample usage of an animated spinning icon One of the internal widgets that are readily-available for use in our Matlab GUI and displays a similar (but not identical) spinning icon is BusyAffordance, which i… Continue reading
…either directly or because its container was resized. ComponentShownCallback – fired when the component is displayed (setVisible(true)). Compare: ComponentHiddenCallback FocusGainedCallback – fired when the component gains GUI focus, by mouse click, Tab click, or calling the component’s requestFocus() method. FocusLostCallback – fired when the component loses focus to another component or window. Compare: FocusGainedCallback Hierarchy… Continue reading
…ssible to add uicontextmenus to uitree.
Your post saved my time.
Thanks a lot Scott Koch If you have access to the figure handle (stored as User Data for instance) you could also use the click event coordinates to display a GUIDE created context menu:
fh = get(hTree,'UserData');%Get figure handle
cm = findobj(fh,'tag','mycontextmenu');%Get context menu handle.
tpos = get(hTree,'Pixel... Continue reading
When designing Matlab applications, we can either use Matlab’s designer (guide), or manually position each GUI component programmatically, using its Position property. Matlab lacks the layout managers so common in Java, that enable easy relative component positioning, taking into account dynamic container size, components spacing weights etc. Of course, we can always trap the container’s ResizeFcn callback to update our layout, but d… Continue reading