- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (113)
- Handle graphics (56)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (271)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (100)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (39)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (131)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Image Analyst (2 days 10 hours ago): Thanks. I didn’t know what that resize stuff was – I just had it in there because other code above did, and I thought I needed it. I just removed that line and now...
- Yair Altman (2 days 12 hours ago): @Niko – findjobj should be places in the outputfcn() as I’ve explained in numerous places – it needs the figure window to be visible in order to find the Java...
- Niko (2 days 13 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thank you so much for this amazing code! It allowed me access so much more java-based functionality not available in matlab… One problem I’m seeing though, is that...
- Yair Altman (2 days 13 hours ago): @IA – I’m afraid that this is the behavior for figure windows that have Resize=’off’. If you set Resize=’on’ (the default value), then it...
- ImageAnalyst (2 days 13 hours ago): Yair, it works now. Just one little problem. It’s SO maximized that it covers up the Windows 7 task bar at the bottom of my screen. Is there any way to have it maximized...
- Manoj (2 days 17 hours ago): @Augusto – Your solution made my day!
- Shannon Chow (2 days 19 hours ago): How to enable the “dock” and “close” button in the GTabedPane?
- Jared (5 days 9 hours ago): Here’s how to get multiple colors in a single Bar series. The ColorBinding can also be ‘interpolated’. hBar = bar(...); hBar.Face.StripData = ; vi = [1:4:N*4;...
- Yair Altman (6 days 10 hours ago): @Michelle – Thanks for the correction. I guess this proves one of the important fallacies in any intelligence work, of connecting dots between seemingly-connected events...
- Michelle Hirsch (7 days 14 hours ago): Thanks for the shout out, Yair! I wish I could say that there were lots of discussions about my file exchange submission, but I’m pretty sure nobody else at MathWorks...
- Matt S (10 days 10 hours ago): Hi, I am trying to create a simple UDD class similar to this. The class is the same as simple.object with simple.object being a subclass of uipanel. I am trying to include a...
- Dan (10 days 14 hours ago): Thanks, I will check it out!
- Yair Altman (10 days 15 hours ago): @Dan – try Michelle Hirsch’s dualcursor utility. She’s the Matlab product manager at MathWorks, by the way.
- Dan (10 days 19 hours ago): Hello Yair, i’ve been using this feature for a while now, thanks again for pointing it out. I think this feature has eventually been removed with the 2014b release (At least i can...
- Yair Altman (11 days 11 hours ago): As an alternative, try to improve the performance of your scatter plot by either plotting a vector of 100+ points (as odd as it may sound, scatter-plotting 80 points is slower...
Search Results for: gui194 relevant articles found:
I would like to welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Kesh has posted several interesting utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, including the award-winning Enhanced Input Dialog Box. Today, Kesh will describe how we can automate GUI actions programmatically. Automating GUI actions, including controlling a mouse and keyboard programmatically, is often useful. This can be used, for example, to demonstrate GUI usage or to perform a recorded… Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, a reader of this website requested an article about color-selection components. So Ed – this one’s for you Matlab includes a fully-documented uisetcolor function to enable color selection. uisetcolor uses a modal dialog window for this. To integrate this color-selection dialog in our GUI, simply add a uicontrol button or a menu item that call uisetcolor in their callback function. An example of such an integr… Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why Matlab does not have standard GUI date-handling components? Matlab has many built-in date-handling functions (calendar, date, datestr, datenum, datetick, datevec etc.). Unfortunately, this built-in support does not extend to Matlab GUI. If we need a date-selection drop-down or calendar panel we have to design it ourselves, or use a third-party Java component or ActiveX control. JIDE Components Luckily, we have a much… Continue reading
Matlab includes a wide variety of internal widgets (GUI components) that could be very useful in our GUIs. One such widget is an animated spinning icon, which is often used by Matlab itself and numerous toolboxes to illustrate a running task: Sample usage of an animated spinning icon One of the internal widgets that are readily-available for use in our Matlab GUI and displays a similar (but not identical) spinning icon is BusyAffordance, which i… Continue reading
Advanced Matlab training courses/seminars will be held in London, March 10-14, 2014. Two separate courses will be held: Advanced Matlab Programming – 2 days (March 10-11), including best practices, preparing professional reports, writing professional code and performance tuning. US$1199 Advanced Matlab Visualization & GUI – 3 days (March 12-14), including advanced visualization and GUI techniques. US$1799 Enroll to both courses… Continue reading
uitable is probably the most complex basic GUI controls available in Matlab. It displays data in a table within a figure, with settable properties as with any other Matlab Handle-Graphics (HG) control. After many years in which the uitable was available but semi-documented and not officially supported in Matlab, it finally became fully documented and supported in R2008a (aka Matlab 7.6). At that time its internal implementation has changed from… Continue reading
…either directly or because its container was resized. ComponentShownCallback – fired when the component is displayed (setVisible(true)). Compare: ComponentHiddenCallback FocusGainedCallback – fired when the component gains GUI focus, by mouse click, Tab click, or calling the component’s requestFocus() method. FocusLostCallback – fired when the component loses focus to another component or window. Compare: FocusGainedCallback Hierarchy… Continue reading
…ssible to add uicontextmenus to uitree.
Your post saved my time.
Thanks a lot Scott Koch If you have access to the figure handle (stored as User Data for instance) you could also use the click event coordinates to display a GUIDE created context menu:
fh = get(hTree,'UserData');%Get figure handle
cm = findobj(fh,'tag','mycontextmenu');%Get context menu handle.
tpos = get(hTree,'Pixel... Continue reading
When designing Matlab applications, we can either use Matlab’s designer (guide), or manually position each GUI component programmatically, using its Position property. Matlab lacks the layout managers so common in Java, that enable easy relative component positioning, taking into account dynamic container size, components spacing weights etc. Of course, we can always trap the container’s ResizeFcn callback to update our layout, but d… Continue reading