- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Customizing contour plots
- Figure keypress modifiers
- Enabling user callbacks during zoom/pan
- Hyperlink text labels
- Font selection components
- Adding dynamic properties to graphic handles
- Callback functions performance
- Solving an mput (FTP) hang problem
- Accessing internal Java class members
- Static Java classpath hacks
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (39)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (129)
- Handle graphics (70)
- Hidden property (36)
- Icons (7)
- Java (146)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (309)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (119)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (42)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (157)
- Undocumented function (32)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- sriram (16 hours 13 minutes ago): We need to control a different Java application window (launched via JNLP). Need to enter username and password. Is it possible with Matlab.
- Sarah (16 hours 44 minutes ago): Hi, I tried your code but I get the following error: ??? Undefined variable "com" or class "com.jidesoft.grid.DefaultProp erty". I’m a newbiew and would appreciate ideas. Thanks!
- Yair Altman (18 hours 50 minutes ago): Simply add the “complex” attribute: classdef test_mcos properties value@double scalar complex = 1 + 2i end end >> t = test_mcos t = test_mcos with properties: value:...
- PYC (21 hours 44 minutes ago): Very useful feature Yair! Unfortunately, I still cannot exploit it to its full potential, since I would like to specify that a property be a complex double scalar. If I use the syntax...
- David M (1 day 15 hours ago): Hello Yair, Thank you for the timely reply. Per you suggestion, I flushed the EDT queue and pending graphics operations using drawnow(); pause(0.1) prior to getting the underlying...
- Yair Altman (3 days 15 hours ago): Try adding drawnow(); pause(0.1) – http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/matlab-and-the-event-disp atch-thread-edt
- David M (4 days 9 hours ago): Hi Yair, In R2015b, on many occasions, I receive an empty handle (handle: 1-by-0) when attempting to get the underlying Java reference by any method (getappdata, findjobj, etc.)....
- Yair Altman (5 days 1 hour ago): @Adam – on some modern platforms, the menu items’ bgcolor is dynamically set by the system and cannot easily be overridden. In other words,...
- Adam Foltz (5 days 5 hours ago): Hey Yair, I am creating a GUI in MATLAB 2014a. Using you findjobj utility, I am trying to change the background color of the menu bar and the sub-menus. For some reason none of...
- Eric Sampson (5 days 15 hours ago): Very nice post Yair, thanks.
- آموزش متلب (6 days 16 hours ago): Very Nice TNX.
- Yair Altman (7 days 13 hours ago): @Aaron – firstly, Matlab buttons do support HTML, just as do all other uicontrols, except text labels. Secondly, you could always attach a MouseClickedCallback function to...
- Aaron Kahn (7 days 13 hours ago): Hi Yair, I am a first time poster but I truly love your site and it has helped me solve many a problem. I am running R2014a. I’ve created a GUI that allows the user to...
- Yair Altman (7 days 14 hours ago): You can set the java component’s Matlab container’s Units property to ‘normalized’ in order to automatically resize when the figure resizes: % Display a...
- Piyush (7 days 14 hours ago): I am using this Calendar. I was wondering does this have the functionality to resize itself if you change the screen. It would be great if you help me in this process.
Search Results for: gui222 relevant articles found:
…ccur within the specified number (e.g., fast double-clicks) will be considered by the component as only a single click. The default value of 0 means that all clicks will be processed separately, which is often undesirable in GUI applications. Remember that the value is in milliseconds, not seconds. FlyOverAppearance – boolean flag (default=false); if set, the button appearance is changed to a flat (2D) appearance with a special 3D border… Continue reading
…for example to create graphical insets. Multi-layered graphs, with each layer having independent axes. Figure 2: A multi-layered graph. Each plot has its own graph layer with independent axes. Built-in mouse interactivity and GUIs for interactive plot editing. Figure 3: A plot editor for a single-layered graph. Java programmers might note here the use of a few custom-designed Swing widgets: a dial that subclasses JSlider and supports multiple-tur… Continue reading
Matlab includes a wide variety of internal widgets (GUI components) that could be very useful in our GUIs. One such widget is an animated spinning icon, which is often used by Matlab itself and numerous toolboxes to illustrate a running task: Sample usage of an animated spinning icon One of the internal widgets that are readily-available for use in our Matlab GUI and displays a similar (but not identical) spinning icon is BusyAffordance, which i… Continue reading
I would like to welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Kesh has posted several interesting utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, including the award-winning Enhanced Input Dialog Box. Today, Kesh will describe how we can automate GUI actions programmatically. Automating GUI actions, including controlling a mouse and keyboard programmatically, is often useful. This can be used, for example, to demonstrate GUI usage or to perform a recorded… Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, a reader of this website requested an article about color-selection components. So Ed – this one’s for you Matlab includes a fully-documented uisetcolor function to enable color selection. uisetcolor uses a modal dialog window for this. To integrate this color-selection dialog in our GUI, simply add a uicontrol button or a menu item that call uisetcolor in their callback function. An example of such an integr… Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why Matlab does not have standard GUI date-handling components? Matlab has many built-in date-handling functions (calendar, date, datestr, datenum, datetick, datevec etc.). Unfortunately, this built-in support does not extend to Matlab GUI. If we need a date-selection drop-down or calendar panel we have to design it ourselves, or use a third-party Java component or ActiveX control. JIDE Components Luckily, we have a much… Continue reading
Once again, I welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Last week, Kesh described how Java’s Robot class can be used to automate Matlab GUI. Today, Kesh will describe two Matlab utilities that help this automation process. jMouseEmu and inputEmu are both available on the Matlab File Exchange. There is a large overlap between these utilities. As their name suggests, jMouseEmu is geared to control the mouse, while inputEmu emulates both mo… Continue reading
Advanced Matlab training courses/seminars will be held in London, March 10-14, 2014. Two separate courses will be held: Advanced Matlab Programming – 2 days (March 10-11), including best practices, preparing professional reports, writing professional code and performance tuning. US$1199 Advanced Matlab Visualization & GUI – 3 days (March 12-14), including advanced visualization and GUI techniques. US$1799 Enroll to both courses… Continue reading
uitable is probably the most complex basic GUI controls available in Matlab. It displays data in a table within a figure, with settable properties as with any other Matlab Handle-Graphics (HG) control. After many years in which the uitable was available but semi-documented and not officially supported in Matlab, it finally became fully documented and supported in R2008a (aka Matlab 7.6). At that time its internal implementation has changed from… Continue reading