- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Bar plot customizations
- Plotly graphs in IPython Notebook
- Matlab callbacks for Java events in R2014a
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (110)
- Handle graphics (52)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (132)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (263)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (96)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (125)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Luis Vieira da Silva (1 day 11 hours ago): Thanks a lot, Yair, it works fine
- Mark Mikofski (1 day 22 hours ago): Turns out that the newer schooner/whalin client is even faster than the old whalin (meetup.com) client, and they say it’s faster than both spymemcached (from...
- Mark Mikofski (1 day 23 hours ago): In order to get rid of that message and output logging messages to a file configure the Apache.org log4j logger yourself by creating a FileAppender with the default layout and...
- Yair Altman (2 days 0 hours ago): @Luis – simply switch the order of the actions: set(hfig,'Resize','off'); try jFrame.fHG1Client.setMaximized (true); % HG1 catch jFrame.fHG2Client.setMaximized (true); %...
- Luis Vieira da Silva (2 days 4 hours ago): Hi, On figure creation, I would like to maximize it (easily done with your method) and then prevents users to change its size. To do so I use documented Matlab function...
- walderich (2 days 14 hours ago): Thanks a lot for the “EngineInterface” feature. But in my case I had to set its value to 1001 to get it working. I tested this with Matlab versions R2010b-R2014a.
- Bill Doss (8 days 6 hours ago): @Yair … I’ll try that approach. Thanks again. Bill
- Greg (8 days 11 hours ago): Thanks, this works well for my patch plots. Do you know if there is a similar command to smooth the edges of the patch itself such that if I turn off the lines of my patch the block...
- Mohsen (8 days 14 hours ago): Hi Yair, I’ve used findjobj to align the row headers in my uitable. The problem is when I try to change the dimension of my table it does not allow the new row names to be...
- Kesh (9 days 0 hours ago): I’m implementing a Matlab application with “dynamic” tabs (adding/deleting tabs with their own menu & toolbar items on the fly.) So, it just happened to be a...
- Yair Altman (9 days 1 hour ago): @Bill – Java sliders have different model values for the slider than Matlab. Since you have my book, look at page 418. You simply need to convert between the increment and...
- Yair Altman (9 days 1 hour ago): @Kesh – You could possibly trap the ComponentHierarchyChanged callback (or something similar) and then re-update the toolbar. But I really don’t see this as a major...
- Kesh (9 days 1 hour ago): Hey Yair, I just bumped into an aggravating issue with Java toolbar components (R2014a) which I don’t think has been brought up on this site. The problem: Java based toolbar...
- Bill Doss (9 days 5 hours ago): @Yair Thanks … I noticed some quirky behavior and I don’t know if it’s something I forgot to do or just what is going on. Using the following simple test: abc.m:...
- Yair Altman (9 days 7 hours ago): @Bill – it’s exactly like any other Matlab callback function. It accepts an object reference as first input arg, followed by an eventData object (that includes...
Search Results for: gui191 relevant articles found:
I would like to welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Kesh has posted several interesting utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, including the award-winning Enhanced Input Dialog Box. Today, Kesh will describe how we can automate GUI actions programmatically. Automating GUI actions, including controlling a mouse and keyboard programmatically, is often useful. This can be used, for example, to demonstrate GUI usage or to perform a recorded… Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why Matlab does not have standard GUI date-handling components? Matlab has many built-in date-handling functions (calendar, date, datestr, datenum, datetick, datevec etc.). Unfortunately, this built-in support does not extend to Matlab GUI. If we need a date-selection drop-down or calendar panel we have to design it ourselves, or use a third-party Java component or ActiveX control. JIDE Components Luckily, we have a much… Continue reading
Advanced Matlab training courses/seminars will be held in London, March 10-14, 2014. Two separate courses will be held: Advanced Matlab Programming – 2 days (March 10-11), including best practices, preparing professional reports, writing professional code and performance tuning. US$1199 Advanced Matlab Visualization & GUI – 3 days (March 12-14), including advanced visualization and GUI techniques. US$1799 Enroll to both courses… Continue reading
uitable is probably the most complex basic GUI controls available in Matlab. It displays data in a table within a figure, with settable properties as with any other Matlab Handle-Graphics (HG) control. After many years in which the uitable was available but semi-documented and not officially supported in Matlab, it finally became fully documented and supported in R2008a (aka Matlab 7.6). At that time its internal implementation has changed from… Continue reading
…ssible to add uicontextmenus to uitree.
Your post saved my time.
Thanks a lot Scott Koch If you have access to the figure handle (stored as User Data for instance) you could also use the click event coordinates to display a GUIDE created context menu:
fh = get(hTree,'UserData');%Get figure handle
cm = findobj(fh,'tag','mycontextmenu');%Get context menu handle.
tpos = get(hTree,'Pixel... Continue reading
In a previous post, I explained that all Matlab GUI (except the axes plotting engine) is based on Java components, and showed how we can use this information to display HTML contents in Matlab uicontrols. In other posts, I have shown how a utility called findjobj can be used to access the underlying Java components to enable customizations that are unavailable in standard Matlab: setting the line location in an edit-box, customizing button appea… Continue reading
When designing Matlab applications, we can either use Matlab’s designer (guide), or manually position each GUI component programmatically, using its Position property. Matlab lacks the layout managers so common in Java, that enable easy relative component positioning, taking into account dynamic container size, components spacing weights etc. Of course, we can always trap the container’s ResizeFcn callback to update our layout, but d… Continue reading
Continuing last week’s article on customized combo-boxes (a.k.a. popup menus or drop-downs), today I discuss how we can use JIDE‘s vast array of custom professional combo-boxes in our Matlab GUI. As I’ve already noted here in several articles, Matlab heavily uses JIDE’s library of GUI controls for its own GUI (Desktop, Editor etc.) and we can tap into this wealth of components in our own GUI. I’ve recently shown an… Continue reading
…to download this demo from the Matlab File Exchange and reuse its source code. Java’s SpinnerDemo My Matlab SpinnerDemo As can be seen from the screenshot, SpinnerDemo also demonstrates how to attach a label to a GUI control with an associated accelerator key (Alt-D in the screenshot example, which sets the focus to the Date control). An internal component in Matlab, namely com.mathworks.mwswing.MJSpinner, extends javax.swing.JSpinne… Continue reading