- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Bar plot customizations
- Plotly graphs in IPython Notebook
- Matlab callbacks for Java events in R2014a
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- JSON-Matlab integration
- Undocumented feature list
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 4
- Desktop (33)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (42)
- GUI (109)
- Handle graphics (51)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (132)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (260)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (95)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (124)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 day 2 hours ago): Sounds reasonable. You’re welcome to try. Come back and post a followup comment here after you figure out the exact specifics.
- Peter Dowell (1 day 2 hours ago): @Yair, Thanks for the quick reply. I guess the states of the renderers/editors would have to be updated when the user changes the grouping. I was thinking that the...
- Hugo Mendonça (1 day 4 hours ago): Hi, Yair! First of all, I have to say I have read a few topics of your website and it is amazing! Congrats for it and all your effort to make it possible! I am a beginner with...
- Kai (1 day 15 hours ago): Eventually I use UpdatePreviewWindowFcn to convert each video frame image into a Java Image object. I also override paintComponent() of JPanel to setup the Image object as the...
- Yair Altman (2 days 20 hours ago): @Mike – indeed: in this specific example the close-button will only close tab2. You need to set a similar ActionPerformedCallback for any close button that you create.
- Yair Altman (2 days 21 hours ago): @Peter – indeed: when you add a grouping column you affect the model and the old definitions are forgotten. You can do the following (a variant can be found in the...
- Yair Altman (2 days 21 hours ago): @Nike – this sounds on the face of it to be a bug, since the behavior is indeed documented. I suggest that you contact MathWorks (email@example.com) to report this...
- Peter Dowell (3 days 7 hours ago): Hi Yair, I’ve come accross an interesting issue running TreeTable. When I sub group a column either interactively, or programatically as described above, columns which...
- Nike Dattani (3 days 8 hours ago): It looks like there’s been another backwards in-compatibility introduced in R2014a (if not earlier). xlsread('data.xlsx',1) used to read sheet 1 of data.xlsx Now it...
- Mike (3 days 18 hours ago): I guess I wasn’t clear. What I was asking is how do you implement tho son a uitab grouped with uitabgroup to close SelectedTab. it looks like you enter set(jCloseButton,...
- Yair Altman (4 days 3 hours ago): @Mike – I posted this code on this very page, so why would you think it was not possible??? If you’re not sure how it works, simply run it in your Matlab. It...
- Mike (4 days 3 hours ago): Is it possible to implement this on a MATLAB uitabgroup? % First let's load the close icon jarFile = fullfile(matlabroot,'/java/jar /mwt.jar'); iconsFolder =...
- Yair Altman (4 days 3 hours ago): @Masoud – an example for using a node-selection callback was shown in the second article of this series.
- Yair Altman (4 days 3 hours ago): You can add/remove specific nodes in run-time. See the previous article of this series, or in my book (section 4.2) for details.
- Yair Altman (4 days 4 hours ago): @Rick – this is possibly an internal Matlab bug. Try using an explicit font name (e.g. ‘Courier New’) or use HTML formatting in your string (e.g., ‘my...
Search Results for: gui187 relevant articles found:
A couple of weeks ago, a reader of this website requested an article about color-selection components. So Ed – this one’s for you Matlab includes a fully-documented uisetcolor function to enable color selection. uisetcolor uses a modal dialog window for this. To integrate this color-selection dialog in our GUI, simply add a uicontrol button or a menu item that call uisetcolor in their callback function. An example of such an integr… Continue reading
I would like to welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Kesh has posted several interesting utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, including the award-winning Enhanced Input Dialog Box. Today, Kesh will describe how we can automate GUI actions programmatically. Automating GUI actions, including controlling a mouse and keyboard programmatically, is often useful. This can be used, for example, to demonstrate GUI usage or to perform a recorded… Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why Matlab does not have standard GUI date-handling components? Matlab has many built-in date-handling functions (calendar, date, datestr, datenum, datetick, datevec etc.). Unfortunately, this built-in support does not extend to Matlab GUI. If we need a date-selection drop-down or calendar panel we have to design it ourselves, or use a third-party Java component or ActiveX control. JIDE Components Luckily, we have a much… Continue reading
Advanced Matlab training courses/seminars will be held in London, March 10-14, 2014. Two separate courses will be held: Advanced Matlab Programming – 2 days (March 10-11), including best practices, preparing professional reports, writing professional code and performance tuning. US$1199 Advanced Matlab Visualization & GUI – 3 days (March 12-14), including advanced visualization and GUI techniques. US$1799 Enroll to both courses… Continue reading
uitable is probably the most complex basic GUI controls available in Matlab. It displays data in a table within a figure, with settable properties as with any other Matlab Handle-Graphics (HG) control. After many years in which the uitable was available but semi-documented and not officially supported in Matlab, it finally became fully documented and supported in R2008a (aka Matlab 7.6). At that time its internal implementation has changed from… Continue reading
…ssible to add uicontextmenus to uitree.
Your post saved my time.
Thanks a lot Scott Koch If you have access to the figure handle (stored as User Data for instance) you could also use the click event coordinates to display a GUIDE created context menu:
fh = get(hTree,'UserData');%Get figure handle
cm = findobj(fh,'tag','mycontextmenu');%Get context menu handle.
tpos = get(hTree,'Pixel... Continue reading
When designing Matlab applications, we can either use Matlab’s designer (guide), or manually position each GUI component programmatically, using its Position property. Matlab lacks the layout managers so common in Java, that enable easy relative component positioning, taking into account dynamic container size, components spacing weights etc. Of course, we can always trap the container’s ResizeFcn callback to update our layout, but d… Continue reading
One of my consulting clients approached me yesterday with a mystery: In his GUIDE-generated GUI, one of the buttons had a bluish tint, and no obvious property seemed to control this or to differentiate it from its sibling controls. Here’s a parred-down version of his GUI: Highlighted GUI button So while it was very nice to have a highlighted button in this manner, the fact that he did not know why it happened and how to control it was a bi… Continue reading
Continuing last week’s article on customized combo-boxes (a.k.a. popup menus or drop-downs), today I discuss how we can use JIDE‘s vast array of custom professional combo-boxes in our Matlab GUI. As I’ve already noted here in several articles, Matlab heavily uses JIDE’s library of GUI controls for its own GUI (Desktop, Editor etc.) and we can tap into this wealth of components in our own GUI. I’ve recently shown an… Continue reading
…to download this demo from the Matlab File Exchange and reuse its source code. Java’s SpinnerDemo My Matlab SpinnerDemo As can be seen from the screenshot, SpinnerDemo also demonstrates how to attach a label to a GUI control with an associated accelerator key (Alt-D in the screenshot example, which sets the focus to the Date control). An internal component in Matlab, namely com.mathworks.mwswing.MJSpinner, extends javax.swing.JSpinne… Continue reading