- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training, amazing value - additional info
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Frameless (undecorated) figure windows
- Transparent legend
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Simulink Data Dictionary
- Accessing hidden HG2 plot functionality
- Matlab compiler bug and workaround
- Unorthodox checkbox usage
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (36)
- Guest bloggers (47)
- GUI (120)
- Handle graphics (64)
- Hidden property (34)
- Icons (7)
- Java (139)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (291)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (114)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (145)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (23 hours 43 minutes ago): @Christian – apparently you are not accessing the tab-group handle but a plain graphics surface handle. Follow the instructions in my blog to get the correct Java tabgroup...
- Christian T (2 days 23 hours ago): Hello Yair, when i’m trying to use your example for uitab close buttons, i always get the Error Message: No appropriate method, property, or field setTabComponentAt for...
- Richard de Garis (4 days 1 hour ago): Hi Yair, What is the issue (#21) with bold TeX axes labels / titles, in 2014b? I’m using 2014b, and I commented out the section that sets the FontWeight of texLabels to...
- Yair Altman (5 days 1 hour ago): Not directly, but you could try using the low-level HDF5 functions for this.
- CaptainObv (5 days 1 hour ago): Is it possible to save matfiles without creating the initial variable at the beginning? I am continually adding output data to my matfile block by block (I.e continually...
- Yair Altman (8 days 8 hours ago): MathWorks removed the UserData property (and some other generic properties such as ApplicationData) from Java components a few releases ago. In general, code that relies on...
- Amir (8 days 8 hours ago): Hello Yair, First your blog is really useful and helpful. I’m working on a GUI that contain a uitree, now I wanted to export that uitree to enable user to save it to an external...
- Ujjawal (10 days 4 hours ago): Hi, Nice post. Is there a way to press right control(Ctrl) key on windows using Robot or if there is some other solution to press right control key programatically? Best Regards
- Stephanie (10 days 21 hours ago): Hi Yair, Assigning the renderer object to all the table columns as follows: for j = 1 : length(cnames3) jTable.getColumnModel.getColum n(j-1).setCellRenderer(cr); end is making my...
- Stephanie (11 days 0 hours ago): You probably figured it out by now, but for future readers: I got this error when trying to display different uitables at the same position.
- Stephanie (11 days 0 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thank you, it’s working perfectly.
- Yair Altman (11 days 23 hours ago): You can use DefaultTableModel with dummy column headers (identifiers), and then remove the table header: jTable.setTableHeader();
- Stephanie (12 days 2 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thank you for posting this. Is there a way to replace Matlab’s table model with something more renderer-friendly without headers? My headers are included in the...
- Yair Altman (13 days 5 hours ago): cute
- Yaroslav (13 days 5 hours ago): There is another semi-documented feature of the view: you can link the View property across multiple axes. For example, figure('Units','normalized','O uterPosition',[.10 .10 .80...
Search Results for: gui210 relevant articles found:
…for example to create graphical insets. Multi-layered graphs, with each layer having independent axes. Figure 2: A multi-layered graph. Each plot has its own graph layer with independent axes. Built-in mouse interactivity and GUIs for interactive plot editing. Figure 3: A plot editor for a single-layered graph. Java programmers might note here the use of a few custom-designed Swing widgets: a dial that subclasses JSlider and supports multiple-tur… Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, a reader of this website requested an article about color-selection components. So Ed – this one’s for you Matlab includes a fully-documented uisetcolor function to enable color selection. uisetcolor uses a modal dialog window for this. To integrate this color-selection dialog in our GUI, simply add a uicontrol button or a menu item that call uisetcolor in their callback function. An example of such an integr… Continue reading
I would like to welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Kesh has posted several interesting utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, including the award-winning Enhanced Input Dialog Box. Today, Kesh will describe how we can automate GUI actions programmatically. Automating GUI actions, including controlling a mouse and keyboard programmatically, is often useful. This can be used, for example, to demonstrate GUI usage or to perform a recorded… Continue reading
Once again, I welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Last week, Kesh described how Java’s Robot class can be used to automate Matlab GUI. Today, Kesh will describe two Matlab utilities that help this automation process. jMouseEmu and inputEmu are both available on the Matlab File Exchange. There is a large overlap between these utilities. As their name suggests, jMouseEmu is geared to control the mouse, while inputEmu emulates both mo… Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why Matlab does not have standard GUI date-handling components? Matlab has many built-in date-handling functions (calendar, date, datestr, datenum, datetick, datevec etc.). Unfortunately, this built-in support does not extend to Matlab GUI. If we need a date-selection drop-down or calendar panel we have to design it ourselves, or use a third-party Java component or ActiveX control. JIDE Components Luckily, we have a much… Continue reading
Advanced Matlab training courses/seminars will be held in London, March 10-14, 2014. Two separate courses will be held: Advanced Matlab Programming – 2 days (March 10-11), including best practices, preparing professional reports, writing professional code and performance tuning. US$1199 Advanced Matlab Visualization & GUI – 3 days (March 12-14), including advanced visualization and GUI techniques. US$1799 Enroll to both courses… Continue reading
Matlab includes a wide variety of internal widgets (GUI components) that could be very useful in our GUIs. One such widget is an animated spinning icon, which is often used by Matlab itself and numerous toolboxes to illustrate a running task: Sample usage of an animated spinning icon One of the internal widgets that are readily-available for use in our Matlab GUI and displays a similar (but not identical) spinning icon is BusyAffordance, which i… Continue reading
uitable is probably the most complex basic GUI controls available in Matlab. It displays data in a table within a figure, with settable properties as with any other Matlab Handle-Graphics (HG) control. After many years in which the uitable was available but semi-documented and not officially supported in Matlab, it finally became fully documented and supported in R2008a (aka Matlab 7.6). At that time its internal implementation has changed from… Continue reading
…either directly or because its container was resized. ComponentShownCallback – fired when the component is displayed (setVisible(true)). Compare: ComponentHiddenCallback FocusGainedCallback – fired when the component gains GUI focus, by mouse click, Tab click, or calling the component’s requestFocus() method. FocusLostCallback – fired when the component loses focus to another component or window. Compare: FocusGainedCallback Hierarchy… Continue reading