- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Static Java classpath hacks
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (37)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (124)
- Handle graphics (67)
- Hidden property (35)
- Icons (7)
- Java (142)
- Listeners (19)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (300)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (116)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (151)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Christina (10 minutes 23 seconds ago): In Matlab2007 I’m trying to use the JSlider but I keep getting a “Warning: Transform Fcn…” error every time the GUI repaints. I cannot find a way to get...
- Ed Yu (1 hour 16 minutes ago): Yair, I would say with regard to loading classes through the java (root) classloader directly should not be that risky… As long as MATLAB is using Java, the root classloader...
- sebastian (3 hours 14 minutes ago): Specifying relative paths in classpath.txt may not be supported, but for me it works just fine in R2011b. Simply add paths relative to the location of classpath.txt (i.e. relative...
- Armindo (3 hours 40 minutes ago): Hi, I try to use the: function moveptr(hAx, x, y) However I get the following error Undefined function ‘getpos’ for input arguments of type ‘matlab.graphics.axis...
- Martin (1 day 7 hours ago): @Mariam – you can also use the -struct flag of the save function, if you want to modify the struct s directly without going through another temporary variable: save('testFig.fig',...
- Yair Altman (1 day 9 hours ago): @Mariam – the save command save the data including the variable name as top-level struct field. You should keep the same top-level field-name as used by the FIG format...
- Mariam (1 day 14 hours ago): I tried it without making any changes to ‘s’. Just loading it s = load('C:\Users\Mariam\Desktop\ fitted response\atlas masks\IPS.fig','-mat'); and re-saving it...
- Yair Altman (2 days 5 hours ago): @Mariam – You probably updated your s data-struct incorrectly
- Mariam (2 days 5 hours ago): I already tried this and this the error I am getting >> save('C:\Users\Mariam\Desktop\ fitted response\atlas masks\IPS_1.fig','s','-mat') >> open('C:\Users\Mariam\Desktop\ fitted...
- mugurg (2 days 8 hours ago): If you want to use LaTeX interpreter of MATLAB, create .eps figures, and get the desired font (like Helvetica) instead of Computer Modern fonts, I think I’ve finally found a...
- Yair Altman (2 days 10 hours ago): @Mariam – you can simply use the save command to save your modified d struct back into the *.fig file, and then open this FIG file normally: save('testFig.fig','d','-ma...
- Mariam (2 days 11 hours ago): Hi, I have used above following command to load the attributes of figures d = load('testFig.fig','-mat') and then changed those attributes. I want to know how could I apply new...
- Yaroslav (2 days 12 hours ago): So far, a smart solution is elusive; you can inspect Yair’s previous comment for a detailed analysis. In the meanwhile, you can try the old-school simple approach: N = 15;...
- nasan (2 days 22 hours ago): Hi Yair, I’ve seen the demo but when I adapt it into my gui code gcbf is not recognize. How can I resolve it ? Can you give me a simply implementation in gui
- Michael Cappello (5 days 3 hours ago): Yair (or anyone), I have an application where I need to color the bars individually, and have tried to figure out how to get the handles of the underlying patches or...
Search Results for: gui215 relevant articles found:
…ccur within the specified number (e.g., fast double-clicks) will be considered by the component as only a single click. The default value of 0 means that all clicks will be processed separately, which is often undesirable in GUI applications. Remember that the value is in milliseconds, not seconds. FlyOverAppearance – boolean flag (default=false); if set, the button appearance is changed to a flat (2D) appearance with a special 3D border… Continue reading
…for example to create graphical insets. Multi-layered graphs, with each layer having independent axes. Figure 2: A multi-layered graph. Each plot has its own graph layer with independent axes. Built-in mouse interactivity and GUIs for interactive plot editing. Figure 3: A plot editor for a single-layered graph. Java programmers might note here the use of a few custom-designed Swing widgets: a dial that subclasses JSlider and supports multiple-tur… Continue reading
I would like to welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Kesh has posted several interesting utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, including the award-winning Enhanced Input Dialog Box. Today, Kesh will describe how we can automate GUI actions programmatically. Automating GUI actions, including controlling a mouse and keyboard programmatically, is often useful. This can be used, for example, to demonstrate GUI usage or to perform a recorded… Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, a reader of this website requested an article about color-selection components. So Ed – this one’s for you Matlab includes a fully-documented uisetcolor function to enable color selection. uisetcolor uses a modal dialog window for this. To integrate this color-selection dialog in our GUI, simply add a uicontrol button or a menu item that call uisetcolor in their callback function. An example of such an integr… Continue reading
Once again, I welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Last week, Kesh described how Java’s Robot class can be used to automate Matlab GUI. Today, Kesh will describe two Matlab utilities that help this automation process. jMouseEmu and inputEmu are both available on the Matlab File Exchange. There is a large overlap between these utilities. As their name suggests, jMouseEmu is geared to control the mouse, while inputEmu emulates both mo… Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why Matlab does not have standard GUI date-handling components? Matlab has many built-in date-handling functions (calendar, date, datestr, datenum, datetick, datevec etc.). Unfortunately, this built-in support does not extend to Matlab GUI. If we need a date-selection drop-down or calendar panel we have to design it ourselves, or use a third-party Java component or ActiveX control. JIDE Components Luckily, we have a much… Continue reading
Matlab includes a wide variety of internal widgets (GUI components) that could be very useful in our GUIs. One such widget is an animated spinning icon, which is often used by Matlab itself and numerous toolboxes to illustrate a running task: Sample usage of an animated spinning icon One of the internal widgets that are readily-available for use in our Matlab GUI and displays a similar (but not identical) spinning icon is BusyAffordance, which i… Continue reading
Advanced Matlab training courses/seminars will be held in London, March 10-14, 2014. Two separate courses will be held: Advanced Matlab Programming – 2 days (March 10-11), including best practices, preparing professional reports, writing professional code and performance tuning. US$1199 Advanced Matlab Visualization & GUI – 3 days (March 12-14), including advanced visualization and GUI techniques. US$1799 Enroll to both courses… Continue reading
uitable is probably the most complex basic GUI controls available in Matlab. It displays data in a table within a figure, with settable properties as with any other Matlab Handle-Graphics (HG) control. After many years in which the uitable was available but semi-documented and not officially supported in Matlab, it finally became fully documented and supported in R2008a (aka Matlab 7.6). At that time its internal implementation has changed from… Continue reading