Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report" Advanced Matlab training courses offered
at the convenience of your office. Additional info
- Unorthodox checkbox usage
- 2014 perspective & plans for 2015
- New book: Accelerating MATLAB Performance
- Transparency in uicontrols
- Another couple of Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Plot markers transparency and color gradient
- Plot line transparency and color gradient
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (35)
- Guest bloggers (45)
- GUI (116)
- Handle graphics (59)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (13)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (278)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (104)
- Toolbox (3)
- UI controls (40)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (135)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Robert (4 hours 35 minutes ago): Yair, thanks for providing this kind of input and the ticklabelformat. I’m also thankful for the comments as I had no idea why the callbacks for axis properties do not work...
- Ed Laurence (1 day 3 hours ago): In case this is still unsolved, I’ve encountered this issue several times and in my experience it occurs when the ColoredFieldCellRenderer fails to get the RGB components...
- Mark (2 days 10 hours ago): Dear Yair, Thanks for again a wonderful contribution! However, I found a small bug, at least on my system. When creating a statusbar using your ‘statusbar’ function from...
- Yaroslav (2 days 23 hours ago): @Yair, I have also encountered the same issue as @Dan — Being a very useful feature, some of my files rely heavily on graphics.cursorbar. Unfortunately, after TMW had decided...
- jkoether (3 days 1 hour ago): For me, the biggest advantage of savefast is that by saving uncompressed, a specific portion of an array can be loaded MUCH faster when using the matfile function. There seems to...
- Matteo (3 days 3 hours ago): This is indeed an awesome function Oliver and Yair. Thanks for the great post, especially interesting from a design point of view.
- xiaojidan (3 days 19 hours ago): Great. Thank you for your contribution. I will work hard.
- Yair Altman (4 days 5 hours ago): @Meera – you can use plain HTML symbols for this, by placing the HTML code inside the relevant table cell’s string. For example, ‘<html><b>...
- Björn (4 days 12 hours ago): Hi Yair, This is a great blog! I wouldn’t be able to do much java programming without it. The SyntaxTextPane and the possibility to add line numbers as you showed in a comment...
- Meera (5 days 2 hours ago): Thanks! I am creating a legend using a uitable. Is there a way to get the marker and line in the uitable? I understand how to get the cell background to be the color that I want, but...
- Meera (5 days 5 hours ago): Thanks! Changing the color background was really helpful. I was wondering if you knew how to include a symbols in uitables. I am trying to make a scroll down legend, and thought it be...
- Ruedi (6 days 3 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thanks for this great GUI table control. One more question: is there an easy way to include kind of a “total” row? For e.g. in your figure above, if the ID3 has...
- Yair Altman (11 days 0 hours ago): The latest version of uisplitpane now supports HG2 (R2014b+), as well as remaining backward-compatible with earlier Matlab releases (hopefully…).
- Yair Altman (12 days 6 hours ago): @Yuri – I am not aware of a corresponding event, but you could trap the all-encompassing MarkedClean event and within the callback compare the current Children value with...
- Yury Brodskiy (12 days 7 hours ago): Dear Yair, Do you know any substitute for build-in UDD events in new HG2 graphics? I am particularity interested in the ‘ObjectChildAdded’ event for axes object....
Search Results for: gui202 relevant articles found:
A couple of weeks ago, a reader of this website requested an article about color-selection components. So Ed – this one’s for you Matlab includes a fully-documented uisetcolor function to enable color selection. uisetcolor uses a modal dialog window for this. To integrate this color-selection dialog in our GUI, simply add a uicontrol button or a menu item that call uisetcolor in their callback function. An example of such an integr… Continue reading
I would like to welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Kesh has posted several interesting utilities on the Matlab File Exchange, including the award-winning Enhanced Input Dialog Box. Today, Kesh will describe how we can automate GUI actions programmatically. Automating GUI actions, including controlling a mouse and keyboard programmatically, is often useful. This can be used, for example, to demonstrate GUI usage or to perform a recorded… Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why Matlab does not have standard GUI date-handling components? Matlab has many built-in date-handling functions (calendar, date, datestr, datenum, datetick, datevec etc.). Unfortunately, this built-in support does not extend to Matlab GUI. If we need a date-selection drop-down or calendar panel we have to design it ourselves, or use a third-party Java component or ActiveX control. JIDE Components Luckily, we have a much… Continue reading
Advanced Matlab training courses/seminars will be held in London, March 10-14, 2014. Two separate courses will be held: Advanced Matlab Programming – 2 days (March 10-11), including best practices, preparing professional reports, writing professional code and performance tuning. US$1199 Advanced Matlab Visualization & GUI – 3 days (March 12-14), including advanced visualization and GUI techniques. US$1799 Enroll to both courses… Continue reading
Matlab includes a wide variety of internal widgets (GUI components) that could be very useful in our GUIs. One such widget is an animated spinning icon, which is often used by Matlab itself and numerous toolboxes to illustrate a running task: Sample usage of an animated spinning icon One of the internal widgets that are readily-available for use in our Matlab GUI and displays a similar (but not identical) spinning icon is BusyAffordance, which i… Continue reading
uitable is probably the most complex basic GUI controls available in Matlab. It displays data in a table within a figure, with settable properties as with any other Matlab Handle-Graphics (HG) control. After many years in which the uitable was available but semi-documented and not officially supported in Matlab, it finally became fully documented and supported in R2008a (aka Matlab 7.6). At that time its internal implementation has changed from… Continue reading
…either directly or because its container was resized. ComponentShownCallback – fired when the component is displayed (setVisible(true)). Compare: ComponentHiddenCallback FocusGainedCallback – fired when the component gains GUI focus, by mouse click, Tab click, or calling the component’s requestFocus() method. FocusLostCallback – fired when the component loses focus to another component or window. Compare: FocusGainedCallback Hierarchy… Continue reading
…ssible to add uicontextmenus to uitree.
Your post saved my time.
Thanks a lot Scott Koch If you have access to the figure handle (stored as User Data for instance) you could also use the click event coordinates to display a GUIDE created context menu:
fh = get(hTree,'UserData');%Get figure handle
cm = findobj(fh,'tag','mycontextmenu');%Get context menu handle.
tpos = get(hTree,'Pixel... Continue reading
When designing Matlab applications, we can either use Matlab’s designer (guide), or manually position each GUI component programmatically, using its Position property. Matlab lacks the layout managers so common in Java, that enable easy relative component positioning, taking into account dynamic container size, components spacing weights etc. Of course, we can always trap the container’s ResizeFcn callback to update our layout, but d… Continue reading