- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Parsing XML strings
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Checking status of warning messages in MEX
- Password & spinner controls in Matlab GUI
- Sending email/text messages from Matlab
- Afterthoughts on implicit expansion
- Speeding up Matlab-JDBC SQL queries
- Working with non-standard DPI displays
- uigetfile/uiputfile customizations
- Icon images & text in Matlab uicontrols
- Aligning uicontrol contents
- Desktop (40)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (58)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (40)
- Icons (7)
- Java (161)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (350)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (129)
- Toolbox (6)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (184)
- Undocumented function (36)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Xiangrui Li (19 hours 12 minutes ago): This seems related to the post at http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/handling-red-java-console -errors
- Andres Roid (20 hours 56 minutes ago): Hi, I’m trying scroll to a specific position in a GUI table. But when I load the value an exception appears. I do this, it’s okay? jTable =...
- Yair Altman (4 days 14 hours ago): @Eric – see my comment above: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/accessing-plot-brushed-da ta#comment-345181
- Eric (5 days 15 hours ago): @Yair Altman findall(gca,’tag’, ’Brushing’) returns zero on my machine. I’m using R2016b.
- Daniel Castano (6 days 3 hours ago): This info has made may life so much easier in the past months…. thanks! I’m wondering if the Figure class has some equivalent property for the behaviour of the...
- Yair Altman (8 days 15 hours ago): search this website for “tree”
- Xiangrui Li (8 days 21 hours ago): Hi Yair, Just in case you don’t know, Matlab Central web update likely breaks pattern search in checkVersion(). I use the similar method to your code, and realized this...
- Nurdan (8 days 22 hours ago): Hi Yair, Sorry for taking your time, I found that mistake pretty shortly after I asked the question here. Now it works and I cant thank you enough. One more question; instead of a...
- Yair Altman (9 days 2 hours ago): @Nurden – of course Matlab gives this error if you mistype the class name (com.mathworks.mlwidgets.html. HTMLBrowserPanel) !!! Next time copy-paste from the blog,...
- Nurdan (9 days 2 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thanks very much I love your website, it is so helpful. I have a question.When I tried to run the above code it gives an error of Undefined variable”com” or...
- Yair Altman (9 days 16 hours ago): @Johannes – you might try to employ in-place data manipulation. See chapter 9 of my performance-tuning book for details.
- Johannes Rebling (10 days 2 hours ago): Dear Yair Altman, thank you much for your many insights into Matlab performance. I am currently working with very large datasets in Matlab (20 GB and more) which I need to...
- dadi (12 days 22 hours ago): oh i see that when i post the code some chars does’nt apear %-------start table config------- SCR = get(0,'Screensize'); h = figure('MenuBar', 'None'); data = rand(150,5); u =...
- dadi (12 days 22 hours ago): hi the for was good, but the copy here changed it. here is the complete code, with the correct if(s) and only one findjobj. the color still does’nt apear the inspiration for...
- Yair Altman (13 days 4 hours ago): @dadi – your code makes no sense in the if section: if data(rowIdx,colIdx) 0 – fix the condition. Also, why are you using findjobj() 3 separate times to get jScroll...
Search Results for: gui211 relevant articles found:
Once again, I welcome guest writer Takeshi (Kesh) Ikuma. Last week, Kesh described how Java’s Robot class can be used to automate Matlab GUI. Today, Kesh will describe two Matlab utilities that help this automation process. jMouseEmu and inputEmu are both available on the Matlab File Exchange. There is a large overlap between these utilities. As their name suggests, jMouseEmu is geared to control the mouse, while inputEmu emulates both mo… Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why Matlab does not have standard GUI date-handling components? Matlab has many built-in date-handling functions (calendar, date, datestr, datenum, datetick, datevec etc.). Unfortunately, this built-in support does not extend to Matlab GUI. If we need a date-selection drop-down or calendar panel we have to design it ourselves, or use a third-party Java component or ActiveX control. JIDE Components Luckily, we have a much… Continue reading
Advanced Matlab training courses/seminars will be held in London, March 10-14, 2014. Two separate courses will be held: Advanced Matlab Programming – 2 days (March 10-11), including best practices, preparing professional reports, writing professional code and performance tuning. US$1199 Advanced Matlab Visualization & GUI – 3 days (March 12-14), including advanced visualization and GUI techniques. US$1799 Enroll to both courses… Continue reading
…to download this demo from the Matlab File Exchange and reuse its source code. Java’s SpinnerDemo My Matlab SpinnerDemo As can be seen from the screenshot, SpinnerDemo also demonstrates how to attach a label to a GUI control with an associated accelerator key (Alt-D in the screenshot example, which sets the focus to the Date control). An internal component in Matlab, namely com.mathworks.mwswing.MJSpinner, extends javax.swing.JSpinne… Continue reading
Continuing last week’s article on customized combo-boxes (a.k.a. popup menus or drop-downs), today I discuss how we can use JIDE‘s vast array of custom professional combo-boxes in our Matlab GUI. As I’ve already noted here in several articles, Matlab heavily uses JIDE’s library of GUI controls for its own GUI (Desktop, Editor etc.) and we can tap into this wealth of components in our own GUI. I’ve recently shown an… Continue reading
…ssible to add uicontextmenus to uitree.
Your post saved my time.
Thanks a lot Scott Koch If you have access to the figure handle (stored as User Data for instance) you could also use the click event coordinates to display a GUIDE created context menu:
fh = get(hTree,'UserData');%Get figure handle
cm = findobj(fh,'tag','mycontextmenu');%Get context menu handle.
tpos = get(hTree,'Pixel... Continue reading
I last week’s post, Setting status-bar text, I showed how to set the status-bar text in Matlab figures and the main desktop. But Matlab status-bars are Java containers in which we can add GUI controls, not just simple text labels. In this post I will show how to do this for Matlab 7 figures. Let’s return to the two alternatives I’ve presented in my previous post for setting a Matlab 7 figure status-bar text: % Alternative #1 (… Continue reading
Three years ago, I wrote an article about modifying Matlab’s look-and-feel (L&F, or LnF), using Java’s built-in support for replaceable LnFs. To date, that article has 27 comments by 13 different commenters (plus 20 responses by me), making it the second most active article on this website. I decided to follow up on that article with a demo that shows the effects that different L&Fs have on GUI controls, and a demonstration… Continue reading
…javax.swing.text.html.HTMLEditorKit); % alternative: jEditbox.setContentType(‘text/html’); htmlStr = ['<b><div style="font-family:impact;color:green">’… ‘Matlab</div></b> GUI is <i>’ … ‘<font color="red">highly</font></i> customizable’]; jEditbox.setText(htmlStr) HTML contents in a Matlab editbox Let’s show another usage exampl… Continue reading