- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- New book: Accelerating MATLAB Performance
- Transparency in uicontrols
- Another couple of Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Plot markers transparency and color gradient
- Plot line transparency and color gradient
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (35)
- Guest bloggers (44)
- GUI (115)
- Handle graphics (58)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (13)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (276)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (104)
- Toolbox (3)
- UI controls (39)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (135)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Robin Lundberg (13 hours 4 minutes ago): Trying this in matlab 2014b still opens the gui (sometimes). When you load a gui you get >>figData = load('guiPostProcessing.fig', '-mat') figData = hgS_070000: [1x1 struct]...
- Yair Altman (15 hours 38 minutes ago): By using findjobj and the table’s setValueAt() method. The specifics depend on your Matlab release. Read my uitable customization report or section 4.1 in my Matlab-Java...
- Peter Borda (15 hours 44 minutes ago): “By updating the cell at the Java level rather than updating the uitable’s Data property” How do you do that?
- David (2 days 2 hours ago): Hi Yair, I just sent a previous message about merging cells in a uitable, but I finally figured it out thanks to your book. What I am still having trouble with is removing the headers...
- David (2 days 3 hours ago): Hi Yair, thank you for all the usefull information you have provided over the years. I have been playing around with making nice tables, and I am very interested in merging cells to...
- Ed Yu (2 days 7 hours ago): Hi all, I’ve recently came across a MATLAB bug that completely blew my mind (for over a year)… Imagine you have an MCR application that executes for the first time, fails...
- Yair Altman (2 days 20 hours ago): @Peto – this is not the right forum for such questions. Try the Answers forum.
- Peto (2 days 23 hours ago): Can you help me!!! I want use “tic/toc” or “etime clock” for this code but I don’t know how I make exactly. [very long code snip...] I will appreciate if...
- Martin (5 days 18 hours ago): Very good and insightful comments here. Personally, I feel that nowadays the most sensible text encoding is UTF-8 and I wish it would become the default in MATLAB sooner rather than...
- Amro (5 days 19 hours ago): @SteveEddins: Thanks for the response Steve. I took another shot at the problem, and I’ve managed to work with code points outside the BMP plane this time (i.e U+010000 to...
- Yair Altman (6 days 5 hours ago): @Amro – where have you been all these years?! – this would have deserved a dedicated post… Anything else you’re keeping up your sleeve?
- Steve Eddins (6 days 8 hours ago): MATLAB uses UTF-16 internally for character representation. Some parts of MATLAB don’t know yet what to do with code points about 65535.
- Amro (6 days 19 hours ago): @Yair: you can also make it work in R2014a and earlier, you just have to change the default character set (undocumented of course!): % works in R2014a feature('DefaultCharacterSe...
- Yair Altman (6 days 19 hours ago): @Amro – you’re right, my bad: I was working on 14a this morning, where uicontrols indeed do not display the non-Latin text without the Java hack. It works correctly...
- Amro (6 days 19 hours ago): @Yair: Are you sure about UICONTROL? I’ve tried it again in R2014b, and the control displays Hebrew text correctly without any hacks. I’m running Windows 8.1 if that makes...
Category Archives: Java136 relevant articles found:
Matlab combobox (dropdown) popups can be customized in a variety of ways.
Matlab listboxes can be customized using custom Java cell-renderers.
Matlab listboxes can be enhanced with checkboxes next to each item.
Matlab data can be serialized and saved into a ZIP/GZIP file, and loaded back.
Using pure-Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps requires a special yet simple adaptation.
There are several potential pitfalls when accessing Matlab classes from Matlab.
The checkClass utility enables easy listing of Java class methods.
R2014a changed the way in which Java objects expose events as Matlab callbacks.
An animated spinning icon label can easily be embedded in Matlab GUI.
JSON can easily be integrated in Matlab to achieve cross-platform standard API.