- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Customizing contour plots
- Figure keypress modifiers
- Enabling user callbacks during zoom/pan
- Hyperlink text labels
- Font selection components
- Adding dynamic properties to graphic handles
- Callback functions performance
- Solving an mput (FTP) hang problem
- Accessing internal Java class members
- Static Java classpath hacks
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (39)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (129)
- Handle graphics (70)
- Hidden property (36)
- Icons (7)
- Java (146)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (309)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (119)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (42)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (157)
- Undocumented function (32)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (15 hours 50 minutes ago): @Alberto – try SyntaxTextPane. If you liked my book, please be kind enough to post a favorable review of it in Amazon (link)
- C.Alberto (17 hours 22 minutes ago): Hi Yair, Many thanks for your (un)documented work and book. Here is my question: [SHORT] Is there an easy way to emulate the in ‘block’ C code editing that is...
- Yair Altman (19 hours 21 minutes ago): Ha ???
- John toscano (22 hours 20 minutes ago): HOW CAN I MEET WITH THE MATRIX SOURCE WHY IS YOUR INTERACTION OBSCURE
- afaq (23 hours 27 minutes ago): Hi I used the following code. But I wanted to display the ranges of each stacked portion along its bar. Please share if anyone knows how to display the ranges (limits of the each...
- Yair Altman (3 days 22 hours ago): Thanks – I completely forgot about this alternative. There are many ways to skin a cat…
- Will (3 days 22 hours ago): The primitives don’t have a ButtonDownFcn property but they do have a Hit event. It was you who brought this to my attention in the first place! Adding an event listener directly...
- sriram (4 days 18 hours ago): We need to control a different Java application window (launched via JNLP). Need to enter username and password. Is it possible with Matlab.
- Sarah (4 days 19 hours ago): Hi, I tried your code but I get the following error: ??? Undefined variable "com" or class "com.jidesoft.grid.DefaultProp erty". I’m a newbiew and would appreciate ideas. Thanks!
- Yair Altman (4 days 21 hours ago): Simply add the “complex” attribute: classdef test_mcos properties value@double scalar complex = 1 + 2i end end >> t = test_mcos t = test_mcos with properties: value:...
- PYC (5 days 0 hours ago): Very useful feature Yair! Unfortunately, I still cannot exploit it to its full potential, since I would like to specify that a property be a complex double scalar. If I use the syntax...
- David M (5 days 18 hours ago): Hello Yair, Thank you for the timely reply. Per you suggestion, I flushed the EDT queue and pending graphics operations using drawnow(); pause(0.1) prior to getting the underlying...
- Yair Altman (7 days 18 hours ago): Try adding drawnow(); pause(0.1) – http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/matlab-and-the-event-disp atch-thread-edt
- David M (8 days 12 hours ago): Hi Yair, In R2015b, on many occasions, I receive an empty handle (handle: 1-by-0) when attempting to get the underlying Java reference by any method (getappdata, findjobj, etc.)....
- Yair Altman (9 days 4 hours ago): @Adam – on some modern platforms, the menu items’ bgcolor is dynamically set by the system and cannot easily be overridden. In other words,...
Category Archives: Java146 relevant articles found:
Hyperlink labels can easily be added to Matlab GUIs.
Several built-in components enable programmatic font selection in Matlab GUI – this article explains how.
Matlab may hang when using passive FTP commands such as mput and dir. A simple workaround is available to fix this.
Java inner classes and enumerations can be used in Matlab with a bit of tweaking.
Several hacks that facilitate using the static Java classpath in Matlab are explained.
JGraph is a powerful open-source Java library that can easily be integrated in Matlab figures.
Professional-looking slider controls can easily be integrated in Matlab GUI.
Matlab includes a variety of undocumented internal controls that can be used for an auto-completion component.
Matlab figure windows can be made undecorated (borderless, title-less).
Matlab uipanel controls can be customized using Java in ways that are impossible with plain Matlab.