- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- JSON-Matlab integration
- Undocumented feature list
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 4
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 3
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 2
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 1
- Improving Simulink performance
- Undocumented button highlighting
- Assessing Java object size in Matlab
- Serializing/deserializing Matlab data
- MathWorks blogs facelift
- 2013 perspective & plans for 2014
- Desktop (32)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (40)
- GUI (107)
- Handle graphics (50)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (128)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (252)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (93)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (8)
- Undocumented feature (118)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Ralf Hielscher (16 hours 26 minutes ago): Hi Yair, maybe you could explain at this point how Mathworks achieves the positioning of the colorbar, which is of fixed width and relative position as well. Thanks, Ralf.
- Yair Altman (19 hours 33 minutes ago): @Peinal – I don’t understand the problem: why don’t you simply resize the figure using its Position property?
- peinal (1 day 18 hours ago): How to make the Figure just frame the spinning icon (in size)?
- Yair Altman (1 day 20 hours ago): mtree.getTree.setBackground(ja va.awt.Color(1,0.5,0)) % orange
- David (2 days 1 hour ago): Hi Yair, Is it possible to change the background color of the scrollpane where the tree is parented from the default white? Ideally I would like to be able to set the background to an...
- Aurélien (2 days 5 hours ago): Thanks Yair!
- Yair Altman (2 days 18 hours ago): d.dispose() (or simply click the <Cancel> button…)
- Carlos (2 days 20 hours ago): I would also love those features in Matclipse…At least to be able to comment lines with keyboard shortcuts for now. Where can we find the latest version of Matclipse?
- Stefan (2 days 23 hours ago): Per default, MATLAB Compiler (or rather, the Runtime) will use hgVersion 1 although MATLAB itself uses hgVersion 2. To change this, you need to pass the option to the Runtime, by...
- Aurélien (3 days 5 hours ago): Hi Yair! How do you close or delete safely the above ProgressBarDialog with animated BusyAffordance ? Thanks Aur
- Yair Altman (3 days 18 hours ago): Followup article: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/animated-busy-spinning-ic on
- Roger (3 days 21 hours ago): What about the load function? Inside a function, I found that using assignin(‘base’, variables) is faster than using evalin(‘base’, load .mat containing the...
- Sarah (3 days 21 hours ago): In testing my GUIs on HG2, I’ve found a few things. I’ll post them each separately. Win7 Enterprise, 64 bit; Matlab R2014a inputdlg: Using the stock example code from the...
- Matt (4 days 15 hours ago): Another useful socket tool that enables communicating between two matlab processes is found in the file exchange at http://www.mathworks.com/matla bcentral/fileexchange/24524...
- Dani (9 days 5 hours ago): I also look forward to the day when Matlab will provide 2D graphics that one can proudly show to somebody else, 3D graphics that that at least go in the same direction as what we have...
Category Archives: Java128 relevant articles found:
An animated spinning icon label can easily be embedded in Matlab GUI.
JSON can easily be integrated in Matlab to achieve cross-platform standard API.
Explicit multi-threading can be achieved in Matlab by a variety of simple means.
Java object sizes are not reported by Matlab, but we can still estimate them using two free external utilities.
Matlab’s listbox layout can be modified to display multiple item columns and different inter-cell margins.
Matlab includes many custom JIDE combo-box controls that can be used in Matlab GUIs out of the box.
Matlab’s popup menu (combo-box) control is quite limited in its abilities. This article explains how we can work around these limitations.
Undocumented features of Matlab editbox uicontrols enable immediate user-input data validation
Matlab’s editbox can be customized in many useful manners
The Matlab Variables Editor can be accessed to provide immediate scrolling to a specified cell location.