- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Listbox selection hacks
- A few parfor tips
- Handling red Java console errors
- MEX ctrl-c interrupt
- Figure window customizations
- rmfield performance
- Viewing saved profiling results
- Transparent labels
- Setting class property types – take 2
- Smart listbox & editbox scrollbars
- Faster findjobj
- Adding a search box to figure toolbar
- Upcoming public Matlab presentations
- Secure SSL connection between Matlab and PostgreSQL
- Desktop (39)
- Figure window (43)
- Guest bloggers (54)
- GUI (137)
- Handle graphics (73)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (155)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (332)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (123)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (45)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (172)
- Undocumented function (33)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Malcolm Lidierth (5 hours 24 minutes ago): Not sure why you think it should not. Any MATLAB OOP class can define custom saveobj and loadobj methods to deal with the serialisation/deserialization process. Not your...
- Yair Altman (1 day 20 hours ago): yes
- Jerry (2 days 0 hours ago): Great, it works. Thanks! I guess the reason is that when it runs the setting process, the figure is still unfinished?
- ElGalloGringo (2 days 9 hours ago): I am trying to write my own script to parse this struct data and generate a figure from a subset of the children handles. One weird thing I am running into is that even though...
- Yair Altman (2 days 19 hours ago): @Jerry – adding drawnow; pause(0.1) after the plot command and before setting the color should solve the problem.
- Jerry (2 days 21 hours ago): Hello Yair. I used your code to draw a transparent line. But there are some problems. I wrote the below codes in a .m file. xlim([1,5]); hold('on'); cd = uint8([255,200,250,50,0;...
- Yair Altman (3 days 19 hours ago): @Sepehr – while Hashtable does indeed accept arrays as keys, the automatic conversion between Java and Matlab data types causes hash.get not to find the key. Instead, use...
- Sepehr (4 days 2 hours ago): Hi Yair, Great article. I have tried your suggestion on serializing objects so they can be used as both keys and values in a hashtable. It does not work. Here a piece of code that...
- Yair Altman (4 days 18 hours ago): @Radek – I think that the end-result would not be intuitive to users so I advise against doing this. If you still want to do it, then you could either update the...
- Yair Altman (5 days 8 hours ago): @Bastian – I just updated the main text with a solution to this – see here.
- Radek (5 days 9 hours ago): @Yair Altman – I meant I want to be able to click items on the list and each time a click new item it would be selected without clearing the others. So the user by default...
- Yair Altman (6 days 17 hours ago): @NG – you will need to adapt the code in my post. This should not be too difficult: all the components are there, it’s basically just switching between X-Y etc., so...
- Yair Altman (6 days 17 hours ago): For an editable combobox, you need to set the focusing customizations on the internal textfield sub-component rather than on the parent JComboBox. i.e., instead of:...
- Yair Altman (7 days 6 hours ago): @Rocco – the ScreenCapture utility returns an imageData array that you can then use in Matlab, without needing to save and load from file. Read the utility’s...
- Yair Altman (7 days 6 hours ago): @Radek – you are not making any sense. “Simulate held Ctrl key”? all you need to do is to set the Value property to an array of indexes (e.g. [1,3,5,7]) and...
Category Archives: Java155 relevant articles found:
Matlab listbox selection can be customized in a variety of undocumented ways.
Red Java errors are sometimes displayed in the Matlab console. They can be removed or avoided in a variety of means.
Matlab figure windows can be customized in numerous manners using the underlying Java Frame reference.
Matlab labels can be set to a transparent background as well as padding.
Matlab listbox and multi-line editbox scrollbars can easily be made smarter, for improved appearance.
the ubiquitous findjobj utility has been significantly improved for speed for the most common use case.
An interactive search-box can easily be added to a Matlab figure toolbar for enhanced user experience.
The contour lines of 3D Matlab plot can be customized in many different ways. This is the 2nd article on this issue.
Non-standard shortcut controls and customizations can easily be added to the Matlab desktop.
Hyperlink labels can easily be added to Matlab GUIs.