- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Bar plot customizations
- Plotly graphs in IPython Notebook
- Matlab callbacks for Java events in R2014a
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (110)
- Handle graphics (52)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (132)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (263)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (96)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (125)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (8 hours 7 minutes ago): @Steven – read here: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/matlab-callbacks-for-java -events-in-r2014a In short, add the following before calling the set command: jTextArea...
- Steven Baete (1 day 5 hours ago): Great post! It helped me to show the command line output in my own GUI. % to read the matlab output into our GUI jDesktop = com.mathworks.mde.desk.MLDeskt op.getInstance;...
- Luis Vieira da Silva (2 days 15 hours ago): Thanks a lot, Yair, it works fine
- Mark Mikofski (3 days 1 hour ago): Turns out that the newer schooner/whalin client is even faster than the old whalin (meetup.com) client, and they say it’s faster than both spymemcached (from...
- Mark Mikofski (3 days 2 hours ago): In order to get rid of that message and output logging messages to a file configure the Apache.org log4j logger yourself by creating a FileAppender with the default layout and...
- Yair Altman (3 days 3 hours ago): @Luis – simply switch the order of the actions: set(hfig,'Resize','off'); try jFrame.fHG1Client.setMaximized (true); % HG1 catch jFrame.fHG2Client.setMaximized (true); %...
- Luis Vieira da Silva (3 days 7 hours ago): Hi, On figure creation, I would like to maximize it (easily done with your method) and then prevents users to change its size. To do so I use documented Matlab function...
- walderich (3 days 17 hours ago): Thanks a lot for the “EngineInterface” feature. But in my case I had to set its value to 1001 to get it working. I tested this with Matlab versions R2010b-R2014a.
- Bill Doss (9 days 9 hours ago): @Yair … I’ll try that approach. Thanks again. Bill
- Greg (9 days 14 hours ago): Thanks, this works well for my patch plots. Do you know if there is a similar command to smooth the edges of the patch itself such that if I turn off the lines of my patch the block...
- Mohsen (9 days 17 hours ago): Hi Yair, I’ve used findjobj to align the row headers in my uitable. The problem is when I try to change the dimension of my table it does not allow the new row names to be...
- Kesh (10 days 3 hours ago): I’m implementing a Matlab application with “dynamic” tabs (adding/deleting tabs with their own menu & toolbar items on the fly.) So, it just happened to be a...
- Yair Altman (10 days 4 hours ago): @Bill – Java sliders have different model values for the slider than Matlab. Since you have my book, look at page 418. You simply need to convert between the increment and...
- Yair Altman (10 days 4 hours ago): @Kesh – You could possibly trap the ComponentHierarchyChanged callback (or something similar) and then re-update the toolbar. But I really don’t see this as a major...
- Kesh (10 days 4 hours ago): Hey Yair, I just bumped into an aggravating issue with Java toolbar components (R2014a) which I don’t think has been brought up on this site. The problem: Java based toolbar...
Category Archives: Java132 relevant articles found:
Using pure-Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps requires a special yet simple adaptation.
There are several potential pitfalls when accessing Matlab classes from Matlab.
The checkClass utility enables easy listing of Java class methods.
R2014a changed the way in which Java objects expose events as Matlab callbacks.
An animated spinning icon label can easily be embedded in Matlab GUI.
JSON can easily be integrated in Matlab to achieve cross-platform standard API.
Explicit multi-threading can be achieved in Matlab by a variety of simple means.
Java object sizes are not reported by Matlab, but we can still estimate them using two free external utilities.
Matlab’s listbox layout can be modified to display multiple item columns and different inter-cell margins.
Matlab includes many custom JIDE combo-box controls that can be used in Matlab GUIs out of the box.