- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (113)
- Handle graphics (56)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (271)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (100)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (39)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (131)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Image Analyst (1 day 23 hours ago): Thanks. I didn’t know what that resize stuff was – I just had it in there because other code above did, and I thought I needed it. I just removed that line and now...
- Yair Altman (2 days 1 hour ago): @Niko – findjobj should be places in the outputfcn() as I’ve explained in numerous places – it needs the figure window to be visible in order to find the Java...
- Niko (2 days 1 hour ago): Hi Yair, Thank you so much for this amazing code! It allowed me access so much more java-based functionality not available in matlab… One problem I’m seeing though, is that...
- Yair Altman (2 days 2 hours ago): @IA – I’m afraid that this is the behavior for figure windows that have Resize=’off’. If you set Resize=’on’ (the default value), then it...
- ImageAnalyst (2 days 2 hours ago): Yair, it works now. Just one little problem. It’s SO maximized that it covers up the Windows 7 task bar at the bottom of my screen. Is there any way to have it maximized...
- Manoj (2 days 5 hours ago): @Augusto – Your solution made my day!
- Shannon Chow (2 days 8 hours ago): How to enable the “dock” and “close” button in the GTabedPane?
- Jared (4 days 22 hours ago): Here’s how to get multiple colors in a single Bar series. The ColorBinding can also be ‘interpolated’. hBar = bar(...); hBar.Face.StripData = ; vi = [1:4:N*4;...
- Yair Altman (5 days 23 hours ago): @Michelle – Thanks for the correction. I guess this proves one of the important fallacies in any intelligence work, of connecting dots between seemingly-connected events...
- Michelle Hirsch (7 days 2 hours ago): Thanks for the shout out, Yair! I wish I could say that there were lots of discussions about my file exchange submission, but I’m pretty sure nobody else at MathWorks...
- Matt S (9 days 23 hours ago): Hi, I am trying to create a simple UDD class similar to this. The class is the same as simple.object with simple.object being a subclass of uipanel. I am trying to include a...
- Dan (10 days 3 hours ago): Thanks, I will check it out!
- Yair Altman (10 days 4 hours ago): @Dan – try Michelle Hirsch’s dualcursor utility. She’s the Matlab product manager at MathWorks, by the way.
- Dan (10 days 8 hours ago): Hello Yair, i’ve been using this feature for a while now, thanks again for pointing it out. I think this feature has eventually been removed with the 2014b release (At least i can...
- Yair Altman (11 days 0 hours ago): As an alternative, try to improve the performance of your scatter plot by either plotting a vector of 100+ points (as odd as it may sound, scatter-plotting 80 points is slower...
Category Archives: Java136 relevant articles found:
Matlab combobox (dropdown) popups can be customized in a variety of ways.
Matlab listboxes can be customized using custom Java cell-renderers.
Matlab listboxes can be enhanced with checkboxes next to each item.
Matlab data can be serialized and saved into a ZIP/GZIP file, and loaded back.
Using pure-Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps requires a special yet simple adaptation.
There are several potential pitfalls when accessing Matlab classes from Matlab.
The checkClass utility enables easy listing of Java class methods.
R2014a changed the way in which Java objects expose events as Matlab callbacks.
An animated spinning icon label can easily be embedded in Matlab GUI.
JSON can easily be integrated in Matlab to achieve cross-platform standard API.