- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced Matlab training courses offered
at the convenience of your office. Additional info
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Simulink Data Dictionary
- Accessing hidden HG2 plot functionality
- Matlab compiler bug and workaround
- Unorthodox checkbox usage
- 2014 perspective & plans for 2015
- New book: Accelerating MATLAB Performance
- Transparency in uicontrols
- Another couple of Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Plot markers transparency and color gradient
- Plot line transparency and color gradient
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (35)
- Guest bloggers (46)
- GUI (117)
- Handle graphics (60)
- Hidden property (33)
- Icons (7)
- Java (137)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (13)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (282)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (108)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (138)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 hour 40 minutes ago): @Tom – …or to hire a professional Matlab expert to do it for you…
- Tom (2 hours 13 minutes ago): I have found that GUIDE graphics are impossibly broken in 2014b. In the guide designer, controls disappear and cannot be made to reappear only with great effort and luck. In addition,...
- Yair Altman (20 hours 32 minutes ago): Of course it doesn’t – as stated in the top paragraph, this article (which is part of a series) only discusses HG2, in other words R2014b and later. R2014a still...
- Evaluate (22 hours 1 minute ago): It seems that the workaround doesn’t work on 2014a edition! I receive “Attempt to reference field f non-structure array.” Any comments?
- John (1 day 22 hours ago): Awesome – thank you, Yair! John
- Yair Altman (2 days 1 hour ago): @John – there is no direct way to get the Matlab handle, but you can set it in your Java handle’s ApplicationData when you first find it using findjobj: hEditbox =...
- John (2 days 1 hour ago): A significant part of my work is developing MATLAB-based GUIs for engineering R&D applications; as such, I have referenced and used your information and the findjobj utility; they...
- colin (3 days 21 hours ago): Great article! Any suggestions for setting the brush data programmatically? For example, to display all the points that meet a certain criteria?
- Yair Altman (5 days 1 hour ago): @Julien – I assume this is done for performance reasons, graphics being drawn by native C code. However I don’t know this for a fact.
- Julien (5 days 20 hours ago): Thanks… I was dreaming to a world where axes would have their own containers so that they could be added to any Java container, or could be scrolled. So, there are still 2...
- Donn Shull (6 days 13 hours ago): Hi Florian, I am not sure I understand why you would not want to have a matching dictionary hierarchy for a given model hierarchy. The syntax is very simple: parent =...
- Yair Altman (6 days 19 hours ago): @Julien – HG2 graphics are still drawn at the canvas-level. The canvas itself has changed: it is now a com.mathworks.hg.peer.JavaScen eServerGLJPanel object, which is a...
- julien (6 days 20 hours ago): Thanks Yair for this very interesting post… It is indeed a very good news! More than its aspect (borders, titles), it is finally a “real” java container in which we...
- Yair Altman (7 days 1 hour ago): @Julian – please state your exact code snippet and the error you received – it should have worked without any error.
- Julian (7 days 1 hour ago): Thanks for your great blog. Trying it out for fun All this Java / GUI stuff is not very familiar to me..) I did get an error with jPanel.getBorder.setBorder(jNe wBorder) but...
Category Archives: Java137 relevant articles found:
Matlab uipanel controls can be customized using Java in ways that are impossible with plain Matlab.
Matlab combobox (dropdown) popups can be customized in a variety of ways.
Matlab listboxes can be customized using custom Java cell-renderers.
Matlab listboxes can be enhanced with checkboxes next to each item.
Matlab data can be serialized and saved into a ZIP/GZIP file, and loaded back.
Using pure-Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps requires a special yet simple adaptation.
There are several potential pitfalls when accessing Matlab classes from Matlab.
The checkClass utility enables easy listing of Java class methods.
R2014a changed the way in which Java objects expose events as Matlab callbacks.
An animated spinning icon label can easily be embedded in Matlab GUI.