- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab – part 3
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab – part 2
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab – part 1
- Improving Simulink performance
- Undocumented button highlighting
- Assessing Java object size in Matlab
- Serializing/deserializing Matlab data
- MathWorks blogs facelift
- 2013 perspective & plans for 2014
- Accessing private object properties
- Class object creation performance
- Plotly graphs
- sprintfc – undocumented helper function
- Performance: accessing handle properties
- Listbox layout customization
- Desktop (32)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (39)
- GUI (105)
- Handle graphics (48)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (126)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (8)
- Presumed future risk (246)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (92)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (8)
- Undocumented feature (115)
- Undocumented function (27)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (14 hours 46 minutes ago): @Chris – I’m not sure what happened in your case but why use a button control at all? you can use an invisible axes, similar to my “buttons” in this...
- Yair Altman (14 hours 49 minutes ago): @Raj – I do not think that this is supported in a single-line editbox, but you can always use a multi-line editbox or listbox.
- Yair Altman (14 hours 50 minutes ago): I do not know of a way to integrate .NET controls in Matlab figures, but I’m guessing that this may be a solved problem in the Java world. So if you find a way to...
- Yair Altman (14 hours 52 minutes ago): @Sandro – I would be happy to provide you with my professional consulting services via email. Send me an email via the link at the top-right of this page if you are...
- Sandro (3 days 11 hours ago): I’m trying to insert an icon like in your post, but I can not. Could you send by email an example that is running? ie, for me to do ctrl+c ctrl+v. So I will be able to...
- Chris (3 days 14 hours ago): Hi Yair, thanks for all the great help! I read your instruction of changing the border of a button, but it did’nt work. I want to create a button in a matlab gui with an image...
- Raj (3 days 16 hours ago): Hey Yair, I’ve got a question. Your Text Selection Method works fine! I’ve tried make a search function for my editbox so it can mark(select) every word he found. But the...
- CitizenInsane (4 days 20 hours ago): Hi! This is great and inspirative work. Is it possible to perform a ‘reset property value to default’ with jide grid controls?. I was thinking of using .NET...
- Ayantha (5 days 0 hours ago): Thanks Yair,It worked. For some unknown reason, it didn’t work with an inbuilt example of Matlab. But it worked fine with my own code. Thanks again and keep your good work...
- Yair Altman (5 days 14 hours ago): @Jacques – use the old (pre-2008a) uitable, which returns the Java object directly
- Jacques (5 days 14 hours ago): Hello Yair, I am using your findjobj function in my code to resize the row headers of 3 uitable elements (on the same page). It has helped me a lot but it takes a significant time...
- Magu_ (6 days 21 hours ago): Thank you for your answer. This is very neat I didn’t know that exist. I did it for the fieldnames but failed for methods so far. “methods” seems to behave...
- Yair Altman (8 days 14 hours ago): @Magu – try to implement hidden methods fieldnames and/or methods in your class. The first is for properties, the second is for methods.
- Yair Altman (9 days 15 hours ago): @Darin – y.setHorizontalTextPosition(ja vax.swing.SwingConstants.LEFT) ; This is covered both in my book and my uicontrols customization report.
- Darin (10 days 10 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thanks, this info is very helpful! (Even 3+ years later ) When I used the code on a pushbutton, it centered the icon… and had the text centered as well. I tried using...
Category Archives: Java126 relevant articles found:
Explicit multi-threading can be achieved in Matlab by a variety of simple means.
Java object sizes are not reported by Matlab, but we can still estimate them using two free external utilities.
Matlab’s listbox layout can be modified to display multiple item columns and different inter-cell margins.
Matlab includes many custom JIDE combo-box controls that can be used in Matlab GUIs out of the box.
Matlab’s popup menu (combo-box) control is quite limited in its abilities. This article explains how we can work around these limitations.
Undocumented features of Matlab editbox uicontrols enable immediate user-input data validation
Matlab’s editbox can be customized in many useful manners
The Matlab Variables Editor can be accessed to provide immediate scrolling to a specified cell location.
A description of a sortable, groupable tree-table control that can be used in Matlab is provided.
JGit source-control integration package can easily be integrated in Matlab.