- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Aligning uicontrol contents
- Customizing uifigures part 2
- Zero-testing performance
- AppDesigner’s mlapp file format
- Customizing axes part 5 – origin crossover and labels
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Listbox selection hacks
- A few parfor tips
- Handling red Java console errors
- MEX ctrl-c interrupt
- Figure window customizations
- rmfield performance
- Viewing saved profiling results
- Transparent labels
- Setting class property types – take 2
- Desktop (39)
- Figure window (44)
- Guest bloggers (56)
- GUI (140)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (155)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (337)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (124)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (46)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (176)
- Undocumented function (33)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (4 hours 29 minutes ago): @Tom – you are correct. This was simply a typo (jButton instead of hButton). I corrected the main text accordingly.
- Tom (5 hours 1 minute ago): Why you getting a handle if you don´t use it? % Assign a Matlab callback hButton = handle(jButton, 'CallbackProperties'); set(jButton, 'ActionPerformedCallback', @myCallback);
- NSReddy (2 days 4 hours ago): Can u help me how to do the ” Alt+S” using Robot Class
- Collin Pecora (2 days 17 hours ago): Is there a way to listen for property changes of ‘pure’ java objects created in matlab? Specificaly, I would like to listen to the value property of a...
- Malcolm Lidierth (2 days 20 hours ago): Meade Create your JScrollPane through a call to >> jscroll=javaObjectEDT(‘j avax.swing.JScrollPane’) ; That on it’s own might(??) fix all your...
- Yair Altman (3 days 0 hours ago): @Karel – feature memstats is a Windows-only feature
- Meade (3 days 0 hours ago): @Malcolm I do not know if they are all on EDT. I’m an absolute java novice, but from reading, I cannot say whether all components are being accessed in the same thread. This...
- Karel Lebeda (3 days 1 hour ago): Is it me, is it Linux, or has this gone (in 2015a)? >> which feature built-in (undocumented) >> feature memstats Error using feature Feature memstats not found >> edit feature...
- Nogo (3 days 5 hours ago): Stop using Matlab as something it was never meant to be. Matlab is a pile of crap and pain in the ass to program with. It´s designed for people who can´t code and refuse to learn a...
- Malcolm Lidierth (3 days 15 hours ago): @Meade Not sure about this. Are your components on the EDT? Are the components visible? You might try a drawnow() and see if that order dependence disappears. Also see...
- Meade (4 days 1 hour ago): @Yair – Thanks so much for the reply. I’ve been using your .list tip to dig into this more deeply and it seems that the new findjobj function returns a different (shorter)...
- Yair Altman (4 days 19 hours ago): @Darin – no, I’ve nothing planned on this topic at this point in time
- Darin (4 days 20 hours ago): Are you planning to do Graph / Digraph?
- micpro (7 days 2 hours ago): Hi, Thanks for sharing, How can I change default position of cursuor? I need to 2 cursor bars and I want to see them seperately, thanks
- Oliver Woodford (7 days 16 hours ago): Reading from a JSON still isn’t as fas as it could be. My json_read mex function is over 10x faster than fromJSON(fileread('filename.js on')).
Tag Archives: Performance65 relevant articles found:
Subtle changes in the way that we test for zero/non-zero entries in Matlab can have a significant performance impact.
The parfor (parallel for) loops can be made faster using a few simple tips.
The performance of the builtin rmfield function (as with many other builtin functions) can be improved by simple profiling.
We can easily use saved profiling results to analyze, view and compare profiling results of multiple runs.
Matlab’s internal implementation of convolution can often be sped up significantly using the Convolution Theorem.
Using anonymous functions in Matlab callbacks can be very painful for performance. Today’s article explains how this can be avoided.
Matlab may hang when using passive FTP commands such as mput and dir. A simple workaround is available to fix this.
Matlab can be made to run much faster using some simple optimization techniques.
Infiniband networking can significantly improve PCT performance in Matlab parallelization and distributed computing.
Accelerating MATLAB Performance (ISBN 9781482211290) is a book dedicated to improving Matlab performance (speed).