- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Checking status of warning messages in MEX
- Password & spinner controls in Matlab GUI
- Sending email/text messages from Matlab
- Afterthoughts on implicit expansion
- Speeding up Matlab-JDBC SQL queries
- Working with non-standard DPI displays
- uigetfile/uiputfile customizations
- Icon images & text in Matlab uicontrols
- Aligning uicontrol contents
- Customizing uifigures part 2
- Zero-testing performance
- AppDesigner’s mlapp file format
- Customizing axes part 5 – origin crossover and labels
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Desktop (40)
- Figure window (45)
- Guest bloggers (58)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (160)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (346)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (8)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (127)
- Toolbox (6)
- UI controls (47)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (182)
- Undocumented function (34)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Cris (6 hours 23 minutes ago): Correct signatures for these two functions are: extern mxArray* mxGetPropertyShared( mxArray const* pa, mwIndex index, char const* propname ); extern void mxSetPropertyShared( mxArray*...
- Shiyu Shi (21 hours 54 minutes ago): hi yair how to use a old uitable callback,I try the problem in your book ,while it seems don’t work in GUI .when we reset the new model in old uitable by java.swing.I find...
- Shiyu Shi (1 day 3 hours ago): I also have a trouble with the old table,how to make a efficentive callback function to uitable to the modified value using handles .I try the Global mtale ,it can solvethe...
- Fabio (3 days 11 hours ago): It seem as the callbacks don’t work when an axes is inside the figure (as said also here: https://it.mathworks.com/matla bcentral/answers/284809-foc...
- Shiyu Shi (3 days 23 hours ago): Hi yair thanks to your createTable.m very much ,but I have three question .first , the Fieldcellrenderer speed is slow when wo have a big data.how to create a row...
- Yair Altman (7 days 16 hours ago): Not as far as I know…
- MolaRam (7 days 18 hours ago): Hello Yair, is it possible to set the text background color as well (not for the whole command window)?
- Gabriele (11 days 19 hours ago): Please, let me come back on this interesting matter. After some checks, I think it could be a matter associated with loss of significance in case of calculations (like std, mean,...
- Gabriele (13 days 15 hours ago): Thanks for the very useful post! Perhaps I’m wrong, but it seems to be something related to intrinsic parallelization combined with single accuracy. In fact, as a basis, the...
- Donn Shull (15 days 12 hours ago): Hi Matt, To my knowledge the answer is no. In the automotive world there is a system for doing what you describe. It is fairly complex and based around a closed set of standards...
- Yair Altman (15 days 12 hours ago): @James – the entire point of using parfor is not to use a single computation thread but rather run in parallel over multiple workers. The code in the article was simply...
Tag Archives: Performance68 relevant articles found:
Parallelizing loops with Matlab’s parfor might generate unexpected results. Users beware!
The new implicit expansion feature of Matlab R2016b can break user code in unexpected ways.
Fetching SQL ResultSet data from JDBC into Matlab can be made significantly faster.
Subtle changes in the way that we test for zero/non-zero entries in Matlab can have a significant performance impact.
The parfor (parallel for) loops can be made faster using a few simple tips.
The performance of the builtin rmfield function (as with many other builtin functions) can be improved by simple profiling.
We can easily use saved profiling results to analyze, view and compare profiling results of multiple runs.
Matlab’s internal implementation of convolution can often be sped up significantly using the Convolution Theorem.
Using anonymous functions in Matlab callbacks can be very painful for performance. Today’s article explains how this can be avoided.
Matlab may hang when using passive FTP commands such as mput and dir. A simple workaround is available to fix this.