- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (37)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (124)
- Handle graphics (67)
- Hidden property (35)
- Icons (7)
- Java (141)
- Listeners (19)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (299)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (116)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (150)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (6 hours 9 minutes ago): @Mariam – You probably updated your s data-struct incorrectly
- Mariam (6 hours 14 minutes ago): I already tried this and this the error I am getting >> save('C:\Users\Mariam\Desktop\ fitted response\atlas masks\IPS_1.fig','s','-mat') >> open('C:\Users\Mariam\Desktop\ fitted...
- mugurg (9 hours 17 minutes ago): If you want to use LaTeX interpreter of MATLAB, create .eps figures, and get the desired font (like Helvetica) instead of Computer Modern fonts, I think I’ve finally found a...
- Yair Altman (10 hours 25 minutes ago): @Mariam – you can simply use the save command to save your modified d struct back into the *.fig file, and then open this FIG file normally: save('testFig.fig','d','-ma...
- Mariam (12 hours 19 minutes ago): Hi, I have used above following command to load the attributes of figures d = load('testFig.fig','-mat') and then changed those attributes. I want to know how could I apply new...
- Yaroslav (12 hours 33 minutes ago): So far, a smart solution is elusive; you can inspect Yair’s previous comment for a detailed analysis. In the meanwhile, you can try the old-school simple approach: N = 15;...
- nasan (22 hours 26 minutes ago): Hi Yair, I’ve seen the demo but when I adapt it into my gui code gcbf is not recognize. How can I resolve it ? Can you give me a simply implementation in gui
- Michael Cappello (3 days 3 hours ago): Yair (or anyone), I have an application where I need to color the bars individually, and have tried to figure out how to get the handles of the underlying patches or...
- Sathish (3 days 4 hours ago): Sorry to bother before reading the above comments properly. Just adding h = handle(evt,'CallbackProperties '); worked like a charm >> h = handle(evt,'CallbackProperties '); >>...
- Sathish (3 days 4 hours ago): Hi, Thanks for the life saving tutorial. I tried to follow the steps mentioned above but when i say evt.get am getting below response. evt.get Class: [1x1 java.lang.Class] set(evt)...
- Todrak (3 days 17 hours ago): Thanks to both of you, Oliver and Yair for this interesting post. Yair, I am glad to know that you will maintain this helpful tool! The rest of your blog is also really...
- Yaroslav (4 days 5 hours ago): Hi @Yair, The solution you proposed with linkprop has a small issue: it does not restore the linking after saving and reloading. On the other hand, linkaxes recovers its linking...
- Yair Altman (4 days 10 hours ago): To store a Matlab class object in a Java collection, you would need to first serialize the object into a byte array that can then be stored in the Java collection object (and...
- Yola (4 days 10 hours ago): Can you please write something on how i can use java collections with user-defined types. How i can provide comparator for my type. Thanks!
- Vidya (5 days 4 hours ago): @Yair – Yes, you are correct. Just figured out how.
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab140 relevant articles found:
linkaxes has a built-in limitation, so using linkprop may sometimes be beneficial.
Matlab print events can be trapped by users to enable easy printout customization.
Matlab can be made to run much faster using some simple optimization techniques.
We can set semi- and fully-transparent colors in HG2 for multiple graphic objects, but making these settings stick is non-trivial.
Matlab’s new HG2 graphics engine includes many new undocumented events that could be used in various ways.
the behavior of Matlab’s copyobj function changed in R2014b (HG2), and callbacks are no longer copied.
Matlab’s dual internal serialization/deserialization functions can be used to create duplicates of any object.
Matlab’s view function returns an undocumented output transformation matrix.
MCOS property initialization has a documented but unexpected behavior that could cause many bugs in user code.
Titles to plot legends are easy to achieve in HG1 (R2014a or earlier), but much more difficult in HG2 (R2014b or newer).