- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Bar plot customizations
- Plotly graphs in IPython Notebook
- Matlab callbacks for Java events in R2014a
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- JSON-Matlab integration
- Undocumented feature list
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 4
- Desktop (33)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (42)
- GUI (109)
- Handle graphics (51)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (132)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (260)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (95)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (124)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (19 hours 3 minutes ago): @Patrick – nice idea, I like it.
- Patrick Hogan (21 hours 50 minutes ago): Another solution for the example given above is to set the uipanel location outside the figure. For example, to anchor the uicontrol to the center-top of the figure, use:...
- Yair Altman (2 days 1 hour ago): Sounds reasonable. You’re welcome to try. Come back and post a followup comment here after you figure out the exact specifics.
- Peter Dowell (2 days 1 hour ago): @Yair, Thanks for the quick reply. I guess the states of the renderers/editors would have to be updated when the user changes the grouping. I was thinking that the...
- Hugo Mendonça (2 days 3 hours ago): Hi, Yair! First of all, I have to say I have read a few topics of your website and it is amazing! Congrats for it and all your effort to make it possible! I am a beginner with...
- Kai (2 days 14 hours ago): Eventually I use UpdatePreviewWindowFcn to convert each video frame image into a Java Image object. I also override paintComponent() of JPanel to setup the Image object as the...
- Yair Altman (3 days 19 hours ago): @Mike – indeed: in this specific example the close-button will only close tab2. You need to set a similar ActionPerformedCallback for any close button that you create.
- Yair Altman (3 days 19 hours ago): @Peter – indeed: when you add a grouping column you affect the model and the old definitions are forgotten. You can do the following (a variant can be found in the...
- Yair Altman (3 days 20 hours ago): @Nike – this sounds on the face of it to be a bug, since the behavior is indeed documented. I suggest that you contact MathWorks (email@example.com) to report this...
- Peter Dowell (4 days 6 hours ago): Hi Yair, I’ve come accross an interesting issue running TreeTable. When I sub group a column either interactively, or programatically as described above, columns which...
- Nike Dattani (4 days 7 hours ago): It looks like there’s been another backwards in-compatibility introduced in R2014a (if not earlier). xlsread('data.xlsx',1) used to read sheet 1 of data.xlsx Now it...
- Mike (4 days 17 hours ago): I guess I wasn’t clear. What I was asking is how do you implement tho son a uitab grouped with uitabgroup to close SelectedTab. it looks like you enter set(jCloseButton,...
- Yair Altman (5 days 2 hours ago): @Mike – I posted this code on this very page, so why would you think it was not possible??? If you’re not sure how it works, simply run it in your Matlab. It...
- Mike (5 days 2 hours ago): Is it possible to implement this on a MATLAB uitabgroup? % First let's load the close icon jarFile = fullfile(matlabroot,'/java/jar /mwt.jar'); iconsFolder =...
- Yair Altman (5 days 2 hours ago): @Masoud – an example for using a node-selection callback was shown in the second article of this series.
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab117 relevant articles found:
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
A new utility enables to interactively explore Matlab function call timeline profiling.
Matlab bar charts can be customized in various nifty ways.
Matlab uipanels can be made transparent, for very useful effects.
Matlab uicontextmenus are not automatically deleted with their associated objects, leading to leaks and slow-downs.
A list of undocumented MATLAB features can be retrieved. Here’s how…
Matlab performance can be improved by employing timer objects and spawning external processes.
Matlab button uicontrols can easily be highlighted by simply setting their Value property.
Performance aspects of Matlab class object creation are discussed, with specific suggestions.
The built-in sprintfc function can be used to quickly generate a cell-array of formatted strings.