- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Solving an mput (FTP) hang problem
- Accessing internal Java class members
- Static Java classpath hacks
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (37)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (124)
- Handle graphics (67)
- Hidden property (35)
- Icons (7)
- Java (144)
- Listeners (19)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (302)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (117)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (153)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 day 22 hours ago): @Mathieu – try to run findjobj after your figure is made visible if you wish to avoid the flicker
- Mathieu G (2 days 1 hour ago): Hello! Thanks for your post. It is very helpful! I don’t know the java language but I try to modify a button of my GUI (using GUIDE) to a borderless button. So I tried to...
- Ange Kouemo (3 days 2 hours ago): Hi Yair, I am using Matlab 2014b and created a Uitable that I want to display in a Jpanel. I tried to get the underlying Java object handle of the uitable using the functions...
- michael r (3 days 4 hours ago): Hi If I using DefaultCheckBoxNode to create CheckBoxTree and I want to change the icon of the leaf and still having the checkbox on it. How do I do it ?
- Dave Brown (5 days 22 hours ago): I ran into a problem from using java 7 that took a while to discover so I thought I’d share it. Hopefully it helps those with the same problem in the future. jScrollbar =...
- jinu (8 days 5 hours ago): nice writeup! about a year ago i moved to python/cython because of how slow matlab gui’s were with large datasets. i wish i had known some of your tricks back then. will...
- Yair Altman (9 days 9 hours ago): @Paul & @Yvon – in HG2 (R2014b onward), you can simply set the Focus events (FocusGained, FocusLost etc.) on the direct child of the AxisComponent, as follows:...
- Yvon Halbwachs (9 days 10 hours ago): Paul, I’m facing the same problem as you have in R2014b. By any chance, did you find any solution to this? Yvon
- Nimrod Geffen (10 days 6 hours ago): Shalom Yair! I have a GUI that I would like to have the interactive option of deleting scatter points with Brush function. My code is: h = brush; set(h, 'Enable', 'on',...
- Yair Altman (10 days 6 hours ago): Because of the EDT. Also read this: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/solving-a-matlab-hang-pro blem
- Fred Vanner (10 days 6 hours ago): Thanks! That works like a dream! (Why?)
- Yair Altman (10 days 6 hours ago): I suggest that you add a call to drawnow; pause(0.1); after the grid creation and before requesting XGridHandle: x=linspace(-1,1); fx=x.^3; pfx=plot(x,fx); grid on; ax=gca;...
- Fred Vanner (10 days 7 hours ago): I’m having problems with XGridHandle (etc.) in scripts / functions (I’ve had no problems from the command line). Example: x=linspace(-1,1); fx=x.^3; pfx=plot(x,fx);...
- C. Chu (10 days 19 hours ago): I think I found a bug in propertiesGUI. If you have multiple field names that exist in different structs, all of those property fields are set to the same type as the last field....
- Adam (10 days 20 hours ago): Keeps showing Java exception errors in the Command Window. I have added some null checks into the editboxValidation function but couldn’t stop the error messages being displayed....
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab140 relevant articles found:
linkaxes has a built-in limitation, so using linkprop may sometimes be beneficial.
Matlab print events can be trapped by users to enable easy printout customization.
Matlab can be made to run much faster using some simple optimization techniques.
We can set semi- and fully-transparent colors in HG2 for multiple graphic objects, but making these settings stick is non-trivial.
Matlab’s new HG2 graphics engine includes many new undocumented events that could be used in various ways.
the behavior of Matlab’s copyobj function changed in R2014b (HG2), and callbacks are no longer copied.
Matlab’s dual internal serialization/deserialization functions can be used to create duplicates of any object.
Matlab’s view function returns an undocumented output transformation matrix.
MCOS property initialization has a documented but unexpected behavior that could cause many bugs in user code.
Titles to plot legends are easy to achieve in HG1 (R2014a or earlier), but much more difficult in HG2 (R2014b or newer).