- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (113)
- Handle graphics (54)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (269)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (98)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (39)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (129)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 day 12 hours ago): @Jan – Thanks for the mention of Tursa’s TYPECASTX. I am of course familiar with it (and mention it in my upcoming book). Tursa’s TYPECASTX is indeed better...
- Jan Simon (1 day 13 hours ago): James Tursa’s MEX implementation of TYPECASTX uses a shared data copy instead of a deep copy, which is much faster than the original Matlab version:...
- Yair Altman (1 day 17 hours ago): @IA – Probably because the figure window is not fully rendered when the jFrame code is reached. This is due to the fact that in R2014b, the figure function no longer...
- ImageAnalyst (2 days 17 hours ago): Here’s my code: % Enlarge figure to full screen. jFrame = get(handle(gcf),'JavaFrame'); set(gcf,'Resize','off'); try jFrame.fHG1Client.setMaximized (true); % HG1 catch...
- Ilya (2 days 20 hours ago): @Yair – thank you for keeping things updated, it really helps to keep the code running
- Yair Altman (3 days 3 hours ago): Thanks Oleg – fixed.
- Oleg Komarov (3 days 10 hours ago): After setting the secondary label to ‘millions’, you forgot to put: hAxes.YRuler.SecondaryLabel.Vi sible = 'on'
- Yair Altman (3 days 17 hours ago): @Ilya – I described this over a year ago, in my HG2 update article.
- Ilya (3 days 19 hours ago): ohh, the name has been changed to fHG2Client, why and when???? the following code should be used jMenuBar = jFrame.fHG2Client.getMenuBar;
- Ilya (3 days 19 hours ago): Hi Yair, the great code indeed, it worked perfectly fine, but in R2014b it does not work any more. hFig = figure; jFrame = get(handle(hFig),'JavaFrame'); % gives warning % Warning:...
- Ralf Hielscher (3 days 22 hours ago): Hi Yair, thanks for your comments. One thing that drives me around with HG2 is the fact that colorbar is not an axis anymore. As a consequence we can not do anymore h =...
- Brad Stiritz (4 days 6 hours ago): Hi Yair, thanks for the very informative HG2 series. >MATLAB HG2, on R2014b, relies on advanced OpenGL hardware features.. For convenient reference: it looks like OpenGL 3.0...
- Dr. Michael Scholz (5 days 18 hours ago): Dear Yair, many thanks for your tutorial on multi-threading in matlab, which helped me substancially in solving my process control problem for live data analysis. I...
- GimmeFive (5 days 23 hours ago): I get the same issue as above using jide grids on r2014b. The com.jidesoft.grid.ListComboBox CellEditor editor seems to trigger the exception. Anybody has a hint?
- Sebas (6 days 1 hour ago): Ciao Yair! It seems that the suggestions to remove all those Java exception (even with the conditions update) do not work with Matlab 2013b onward. It is a shame as the power of what...
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab119 relevant articles found:
Matlab HG2 axes can be customized in many different ways. This article explains some of the undocumented aspects.
HG2 axes can be customized in numerous useful ways. This article explains how to customize the rulers.
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
A new utility enables to interactively explore Matlab function call timeline profiling.
Matlab bar charts can be customized in various nifty ways.
Matlab uipanels can be made transparent, for very useful effects.
Matlab uicontextmenus are not automatically deleted with their associated objects, leading to leaks and slow-downs.
A list of undocumented MATLAB features can be retrieved. Here’s how…
Matlab performance can be improved by employing timer objects and spawning external processes.
Matlab button uicontrols can easily be highlighted by simply setting their Value property.