- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Customizing contour plots
- Figure keypress modifiers
- Enabling user callbacks during zoom/pan
- Hyperlink text labels
- Font selection components
- Adding dynamic properties to graphic handles
- Callback functions performance
- Solving an mput (FTP) hang problem
- Accessing internal Java class members
- Static Java classpath hacks
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (39)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (129)
- Handle graphics (70)
- Hidden property (36)
- Icons (7)
- Java (146)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (309)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (119)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (42)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (157)
- Undocumented function (32)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (17 hours 49 minutes ago): @Alberto – try SyntaxTextPane. If you liked my book, please be kind enough to post a favorable review of it in Amazon (link)
- C.Alberto (19 hours 21 minutes ago): Hi Yair, Many thanks for your (un)documented work and book. Here is my question: [SHORT] Is there an easy way to emulate the in ‘block’ C code editing that is...
- Yair Altman (21 hours 20 minutes ago): Ha ???
- John toscano (1 day 0 hours ago): HOW CAN I MEET WITH THE MATRIX SOURCE WHY IS YOUR INTERACTION OBSCURE
- afaq (1 day 1 hour ago): Hi I used the following code. But I wanted to display the ranges of each stacked portion along its bar. Please share if anyone knows how to display the ranges (limits of the each...
- Yair Altman (4 days 0 hours ago): Thanks – I completely forgot about this alternative. There are many ways to skin a cat…
- Will (4 days 0 hours ago): The primitives don’t have a ButtonDownFcn property but they do have a Hit event. It was you who brought this to my attention in the first place! Adding an event listener directly...
- sriram (4 days 20 hours ago): We need to control a different Java application window (launched via JNLP). Need to enter username and password. Is it possible with Matlab.
- Sarah (4 days 21 hours ago): Hi, I tried your code but I get the following error: ??? Undefined variable "com" or class "com.jidesoft.grid.DefaultProp erty". I’m a newbiew and would appreciate ideas. Thanks!
- Yair Altman (4 days 23 hours ago): Simply add the “complex” attribute: classdef test_mcos properties value@double scalar complex = 1 + 2i end end >> t = test_mcos t = test_mcos with properties: value:...
- PYC (5 days 2 hours ago): Very useful feature Yair! Unfortunately, I still cannot exploit it to its full potential, since I would like to specify that a property be a complex double scalar. If I use the syntax...
- David M (5 days 20 hours ago): Hello Yair, Thank you for the timely reply. Per you suggestion, I flushed the EDT queue and pending graphics operations using drawnow(); pause(0.1) prior to getting the underlying...
- Yair Altman (7 days 20 hours ago): Try adding drawnow(); pause(0.1) – http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/matlab-and-the-event-disp atch-thread-edt
- David M (8 days 14 hours ago): Hi Yair, In R2015b, on many occasions, I receive an empty handle (handle: 1-by-0) when attempting to get the underlying Java reference by any method (getappdata, findjobj, etc.)....
- Yair Altman (9 days 6 hours ago): @Adam – on some modern platforms, the menu items’ bgcolor is dynamically set by the system and cannot easily be overridden. In other words,...
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab145 relevant articles found:
Contour labels, lines and fill patches can easily be customized in Matlab HG2.
The figure’s CurrentModifier property provides a simple and consistent way to retrieve keypress modifiers: alt-, control- and shift-clicks.
Matlab zoom, pan and rotate3d modes hijack the user’s figure callbacks, but this can be overridden.
It is easy and very useful to attach dynamic properties to Matlab graphics objects in run-time.
Using anonymous functions in Matlab callbacks can be very painful for performance. Today’s article explains how this can be avoided.
linkaxes has a built-in limitation, so using linkprop may sometimes be beneficial.
Matlab print events can be trapped by users to enable easy printout customization.
Matlab can be made to run much faster using some simple optimization techniques.
We can set semi- and fully-transparent colors in HG2 for multiple graphic objects, but making these settings stick is non-trivial.
Matlab’s new HG2 graphics engine includes many new undocumented events that could be used in various ways.